Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

Haha I saw that commercial too and I almost said "I want that pill!" out loud but remembered that none of my family would get it. So I just chuckled pathetically to myself
if you had done it, it would have gotten about the same reaction it does most every time scott does it to an unfamiliar audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I've been out to date on my references, but they were talking about Limitless right? Because y'all should check out that show, it turned out being pretty hilarious.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Zouks and Daly in the house for Episode 400.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

WoG posted:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f53cf38182/the-olsen-twins-walk-into-a-bar-from-jccizzle79
? I'm not sure why you think there's more to it than that; he's probably just waiting out the laugh.

There is more to it actually but unfortunately I don't remember and don't have a link. If you track down the uncensored roast, it's in that version.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAtUBfMeCI

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Hotdog! :pusheen:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Live tour! Anyone know which New York theater? I liked Skerball Center last time around.

e: Looks like it's the Gramercy, tickets not available til Friday though.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 8, 2016

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
i'm seeing people talk about it on twitter but where's the list of cities? i want that pill

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
oh scott just tweeted it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Parallax posted:

gimme dat pill

watching the super bowl and actually seeing a commercial for that show has finally made me realize the absurdity of its existence

I thought that too.

I want that pill!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I was confused because the Toronto show wasn't showing up on Ticketmaster, but it looks like it's going to be at U of T who are selling the tickets there instead

http://uofttix.ca/view.php?id=1245

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Tickets for the Detroit (Royal Oak) show go on sale Friday http://www.royaloakmusictheatre.com/events/detail/306613

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I grabbed my Minneapolis tickets already, so hooray for that.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Well, I'm gonna have to go to the Austin show.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The second I get home, I'm grabbing tickets for the show at the Lincoln theater in DC. This is happening.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh god i hope they come to socal

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That plugbag closing theme has got to go.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That plugbag closing theme has got to go.

Stockholm syndrome will get you soon soon enough. It's already begun with me.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
GONNA LISTEN TO SOME PLUGS

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Edward_Solly

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I wish they would just use it for opening of the bag instead.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

no i like it especially when scott felt he should explain it every week

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I'm so tired of manzoukas, I think cause he doesn't play any characters to switch it up but man I need to start skipping his episodes

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ImPureAwesome posted:

I'm so tired of manzoukas, I think cause he doesn't play any characters to switch it up but man I need to start skipping his episodes

He's weak in CBB when compared to HDTGM in almost every way possible.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

ImPureAwesome posted:

Am I stupid for loving him in CBB? I like his attitude, it's like he's a second away from being like this goofy poo poo is stupid and your corny jokes suck, but not in a mean way. He's more like a straight-man to me and I think it breaks it up nicely every couple months. But I haven't listened to this week's yet so IDK.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Zouks is great because he'll pile on to Aukerman for the dumb bits he does. He balances out all of the other guests who are subjected to it and just take it.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
He does it every time though and he's on enough episodes that it's become grating rather than funny to me

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ImPureAwesome posted:

He does it every time though and he's on enough episodes that it's become grating rather than funny to me

He has played more passive characters in the Wompler episodes. I love him!

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

soggybagel posted:

He has played more passive characters in the Wompler episodes. I love him!

You're right, he was really good in the water park one iirc, I forgot about that.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013
I'm laughing right now thinking about the episode of the TV show where Scotty is doing lame vampire jokes and Manzoukas (who is doing another straight character that happens to be a vampire) is like "c'mon man we talked about this we said we weren't going to do this crap" in a bro-to-bro whisper haha.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

ImPureAwesome posted:

Look at this guy who thinks Jason Mantzoukas is a real person and not a character portrayed skillfully by legendary comic actor Jeffrey Characterwheaties

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

anotherone posted:

Look at this guy who thinks Jason Mantzoukas is a real person and not a character portrayed skillfully by legendary comic actor Jeffrey Characterwheaties

Jeffery has really got to branch out his character work is what I'm saying. If pft only did cake boss for the last 5 years you'd be sick of him too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love me some Zouks (and Jeffrey). Screw y'all, I'd listen to that guy skewer Scott all day every day.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

ImPureAwesome posted:

Jeffery has really got to branch out his character work is what I'm saying. If pft only did cake boss for the last 5 years you'd be sick of him too

Though I disagree with you in a "big picture" way (because I still look forward to his episodes) you're probably right. I love his stuff but CBB has people on who take the time to think of characters they can do for an hour plus without anyone even knowing it was them besides the episode summary. Even on Parks and Rec he did the same out of touch / above it all overconfident thing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought Zouks was good on this one. His making GBS threads on Broadway songs is a good counterpoint to PFT and Benny S's fawning over them along with Scott. Andy was, shockingly, the one I found a little lacking. I was fine with Hotdog being a one and done character, personally.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah Hotdog didn't really bring anything new to the table and just dragged back up the Satan/ZAP continuity stuff - which I loved but want left behind so new things can happen. Though really I can't complain about more Daly in my ears.

However I think if PFT just played Herzog for the rest of his days I would never get tired of it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He tried to bring up new stuff (his band, Trump) but Zouk/Scotty railroad him heavily.
I also think the Zouk/Scotty dynamic has gotten a bit stale and self-congratulatory.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

I also think the Zouk/Scotty dynamic has gotten a bit stale and self-congratulatory.

is that a t-shirt?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

He tried to bring up new stuff (his band, Trump) but Zouk/Scotty railroad him heavily.

I liked when Scott misheard something and they immediately went to 'is that a new t-shirt'

E: I should've refreshed the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have to say I love the Zouk/Scotty dynamic. I suppose if I had to find a flaw is that Souks was on a lot this past year. I think Scott even said he asked to be on more. Scott probably likes to have him on to lighten the load a bit too. He knows he can have Jason on and kill a good 20 minutes to half hour. I'd also be happy with Jason playing a character once in a while.

I really want a series of side podcasts. Nothing too involved just one and done episodes of Talkin' 'Tang, Music Theater with Gino and ALW, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Maybe not.