Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's no original Higurashi art

Hideous Art (causes us to) Naku koro ni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
When i mentioned Daru i was thinking more about the sheer amount of 2ch jokes, as well as the massive amounts of exposition about LHC-tan and Kerr Black Holes, both of which'll have the eyes of many people who just want some good 'ol titties glaze over.

I feel like you're trolling me by pretending to not grok that.

The Taint Reaper posted:

They look like they all have beards.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 7, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

When i mentioned Daru i was thinking more about the sheer amount of 2ch jokes, as well as the massive amounts of exposition about LHC-tan and Kerr Black Holes, both of which'll have the eyes of many people who just want some good 'ol titties glaze over.

people who want to see boobs in muvluv have to read about lacrosse

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Mithaldu posted:

My facial hair grows like this would it be douchey if I shaved my mustache and was mean to my son?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Motto posted:

a lot of PC VN artstyles are.
I like Steins;Gate's! And, uh...Takashi Takeuchi's later stuff in like Mahoyo, maybe?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

if there's one thing nerds on the internet don't care about, it's sci-fi, internet memes, and technology

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I like Steins;Gate's! And, uh...Takashi Takeuchi's later stuff in like Mahoyo, maybe?

it never got translated, but kamui kagura has neat art

and i like the art of the steampunk series, even if the character designer loves heterochromia waaayyy too much. shining brave has like 4 separate characters with it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

and i like the art of the steampunk series, even if the character designer loves heterochromia waaayyy too much. shining brave has like 4 separate characters with it.

I like their artist's work and still waiting for the rated T VN to be localized. I didn't really understand the tomorrow series though despite having a unique setting.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Should I buy One Piece Unlimited World Red for $4.99?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's no original Higurashi art

Ryukishi's art is special and wonderful in its own way. I usually choose it over the redone version because I have a weird Stockholm Syndrome thing with it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm playing higurashi on steam and it surprised me that the original mion art always has a gun.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They're kind of generic but I think I prefer the PS2/PS3 sprites for Higurashi more than the new Steam ones, so I'm glad that's been getting patches as they come out.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

JackDarko posted:

My facial hair grows like this would it be douchey if I shaved my mustache and was mean to my son?

Yeah but do it anyway.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

zenintrude posted:

AFAIK, all recent One Piece games have had good reception. They're still a fan affair, though.

JackDarko posted:

Don't forget to clone your death wife at some point.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unlimited World Red is fun if you just do Coliseum Mode, so yeah five bucks is p good

al-azad
May 28, 2009

If I have the bad translation Sword Art Online do I get any added value from going to the redone version at the $5 sale price? Is there extra content to justify it? I really don't care about bad translations, I just want my dose of bad anime and grinding before bed but if there's more bad anime stuff to be had...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Don't forget to clone your death wife at some point.

Into the body of a 14 yo girl, after you trap her soul in a giant robot.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Death Wife sounds like a sweet rear end anime.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

al-azad posted:

If I have the bad translation Sword Art Online do I get any added value from going to the redone version at the $5 sale price? Is there extra content to justify it? I really don't care about bad translations, I just want my dose of bad anime and grinding before bed but if there's more bad anime stuff to be had...

Get it, transfer your save, and Remote Play.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

al-azad posted:

The translation on the ps4 version has better grammar, but it's also an exceedingly bland "middle ages rp" translation. The gameplay is also changed in a way to remove some skillful things you can do, iirc skills have massive cooldowns and sp don't matter anymore.

Unless you really hate nonnative English, stick with the vita version.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

mikeycp posted:

Ryukishi's art is special and wonderful in its own way. I usually choose it over the redone version because I have a weird Stockholm Syndrome thing with it.

To be fair, you should be choosing the original art because it changes the mood of the game entirely. I dropped the PS3 version because it barely has any facial expressions. Remember when Eva wakes up and can't find her husband and has a panic attack? In the PS3 version she has like 1-2 facial expressions during he whole thing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

poo poo, save that for the title of the 2017 thread

zenintrude posted:

it's alright for $5, you get to run around a lot and beat the poo poo out of mooks with crazy characters. The Musou games are better but they're also more than $5

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Megalixir posted:

To be fair, you should be choosing the original art because it changes the mood of the game entirely. I dropped the PS3 version because it barely has any facial expressions. Remember when Eva wakes up and can't find her husband and has a panic attack? In the PS3 version she has like 1-2 facial expressions during he whole thing.

I think the faces in the original art are legitimately really loving fantastic, especially Beato.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrU_W_eWtA

This weirdly makes me miss Prince of Persia. Wallrun attacks were great.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Now I'm vaguely interested because of that. Great.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What should I clean my Vita with? Do I use water? Windex?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A dry micro fiber cloth, if you're getting it dirty enough that you need more than that, stop it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

What should I clean my Vita with? Do I use water? Windex?
Hey! This thread is NOT for discussion of adult games!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sakurazuka posted:

A dry micro fiber cloth, if you're getting it dirty enough that you need more than that, stop it.

So I don't use water or anything just the cloth and it will wipe away my fingerprints?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I don't use water or anything just the cloth and it will wipe away my fingerprints?

That should be enough. If not you can get a couple of drops of water on the cloth and gently rub persistent thumbprints then wipe it dry.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HGH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrU_W_eWtA

This weirdly makes me miss Prince of Persia. Wallrun attacks were great.

This still looks so goddamn sluggish and uninspired.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir gets newish things:

DOA Helena character trailer . I guess. Still, imo, the best fighter in the real DOA games.

2 New character bios for the game Uppers!

Project Diva X Snow gets a new trailer.

Ateliser Shallie + gets a trailer for its new episode.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 8, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vita is getting a new ClaDun game: ClaDun Sengoku.
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/cladun-sengoku-announced-ps-vita

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This still looks so goddamn sluggish and uninspired.

You're seriously the only person I've seen react to this game like this. It looks like Yakuza meets Kenka Bancho which is awesome as gently caress.

I like Senran Kagura too, mate, but just because Takaki's next game has a different style doesn't make it bad. Both Yakuza and Kenka Bancho are really fun in the gameplay department IMO despite looking 'sluggish'.

gently caress I'd have killed to get another Kenka Bancho game in the West... maybe I'll grab the last 3DS one off Ebay or something. Anybody know if that one was any good?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

thorsilver posted:

You're seriously the only person I've seen react to this game like this. It looks like Yakuza meets Kenka Bancho which is awesome as gently caress.

I like Senran Kagura too, mate, but just because Takaki's next game has a different style doesn't make it bad. Both Yakuza and Kenka Bancho are really fun in the gameplay department IMO despite looking 'sluggish'.

gently caress I'd have killed to get another Kenka Bancho game in the West... maybe I'll grab the last 3DS one off Ebay or something. Anybody know if that one was any good?

D_T is a very discerning individual who doesn't even like the Vita Senran Kaguras. He is quite hard to please.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

Vita is getting a new ClaDun game: ClaDun Sengoku.
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/cladun-sengoku-announced-ps-vita

I enjoyed the other games in this series so I'm interested to see what they plan on doing to expand on the premise.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thorsilver posted:

Yakuza is leagues ahead than anything Uppers can offer and that is one of my issues with it. Yakuza exists so why bother with Uppers at all?

Also despite how elaborate the animations for the characters are, if you see all the released videos in a sequence you'll notice how every single character is doing the same basic attack string (the only truly different is Nicole witht the wall hopping but that is dragged down by the game's speed and utterly vegetative enemies)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yakuza is also leagues above Senran Kagura though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yakuza is leagues ahead than anything Uppers can offer and that is one of my issues with it. Yakuza exists so why bother with Uppers at all?

Also despite how elaborate the animations for the characters are, if you see all the released videos in a sequence you'll notice how every single character is doing the same basic attack string (the only truly different is Nicole witht the wall hopping but that is dragged down by the game's speed and utterly vegetative enemies)

I... but... you... but... stars puppies flowers.