Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I wished I enrolled in ASAP and told them I was a lush. I had to drive out one of my dudes to a treatment facility and it was pretty cush. Not a bad 2 weeks paid vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.

was at Riley

recognize two of those guys from my old unit

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Does anyone know if you can go to Germany on R&R without a passport? I'm deployed right now and my 70 year old father can not find my passport but every resource I have found says you can travel to Germany on R&R with a DA31 and CAC. No one in my unit really knows/cares and I honestly haven't the faintest idea who would have the answer.
This website claims it's all good but I have my suspicions.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
DFAS does not mail W2s for deceased service members. The finance office can't print one for me and told me to go to Casualty Assistance. Casualty Assistance tried to call the loving IRS and when that didn't work told me to make an appointment at the local IRS tax assistance office. Because the IRS totally issues W2s.

What the gently caress is wrong with my life.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

McNally posted:

DFAS does not mail W2s for deceased service members. The finance office can't print one for me and told me to go to Casualty Assistance. Casualty Assistance tried to call the loving IRS and when that didn't work told me to make an appointment at the local IRS tax assistance office. Because the IRS totally issues W2s.

The Army.

The Army is what is wrong with your life, and every life it touches.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SumYungGui posted:

The Army.

The Army is what is wrong with your life, and every life it touches.

I got a letter from the Chief of Staff and there was a business card in there. Maybe I should call his office and tell him he's running a shitshow.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McNally posted:

I take it no positive update on operation Allah Judges DFAS/DEERS then :negative:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

McNally posted:

I got a letter from the Chief of Staff and there was a business card in there. Maybe I should call his office and tell him he's running a shitshow.

I loving would. What's he gonna do, put you on extra duty?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not caring here posted:

I loving would. What's he gonna do, put you on extra duty?

seriously go full nuke

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The next time anyone complains to me about poor retention numbers, I'm going to point to this story. Because holy god damned poo poo.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

psydude posted:

The next time anyone complains to me about poor retention numbers, I'm going to point to this story. Because holy god damned poo poo.

It's a shame this is such a sad subject requiring support, because this is the second time I've had to let a great joke go by.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Slithery D posted:

It's a shame this is such a sad subject requiring support, because this is the second time I've had to let a great joke go by.

Tell the loving joke you limpdick piece of poo poo. I made a loving joke about my wife's posthumous ARCOM (I got fuckall when I ETSed, she got an ARCOM and didn't even complete her enlistment, loving pog unit lol).

Make me laugh.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

psydude posted:

Well, to be fair they already failed to retain her.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:vince: :stare:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Slithery D posted:

HAHAHAHAH HOLY poo poo

Oh man, nice.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
If it makes you feel better, I've had food poisoning today and dumping "water" from both ends, although I haven't managed a two at once yet.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Slithery D posted:

If it makes you feel better, I've had food poisoning today and dumping "water" from both ends, although I haven't managed a two at once yet.

Man, I wouldn't wish that poo poo (no pun intended) on anyone.

But seriously, that was an excellent joke and I thank you for making me laugh. I had a stressful day and had to leave the Casualty Assistance office before I got myself arrested.

Thankfully I found someone at the Finance office with a semblance of empathy and got her to call another office with access to W-2s, then send it over to her.

Really, you'd think the loving Casualty Assistance office would be better prepared for something like this, particularly if DFAS doesn't mail out the W-2s of deceased service members (what).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy poo poo.

That joke.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
You'd think the army would have this drill mastered by now

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
peak GiP

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Slithery D posted:

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Ziji posted:

Does anyone know if you can go to Germany on R&R without a passport? I'm deployed right now and my 70 year old father can not find my passport but every resource I have found says you can travel to Germany on R&R with a DA31 and CAC. No one in my unit really knows/cares and I honestly haven't the faintest idea who would have the answer.
This website claims it's all good but I have my suspicions.

You need a passport. You can PCS to the country without one, but you need one for any other reason to be there. This was air force rules as of 2012.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Slithery D posted:

go3 posted:

peak GiP

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Holy loving poo poo

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

xsf421 posted:

You need a passport. You can PCS to the country without one, but you need one for any other reason to be there. This was air force rules as of 2012.

drat okay, thanks for the heads up

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Soulex posted:

Holy loving poo poo

We were all thinking it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

‘Serial’ Fans, Get Ready: The Pie Smell That Lifted Bowe Bergdahl Up And Floated Him Away From His Post Will Finally Be Discussed In The Next Episode

http://www.clickhole.com/article/serial-fans-get-ready-pie-smell-lifted-bowe-bergda-3839

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Slithery D posted:

5'd

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Slithery D posted:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

thank you i've been looking for that

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For posterity

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Geirskogul posted:

For posterity

I like it. The names of the guilty have been removed.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Have a question: My 18 year old cousin joined the nat. guard to help with affording college. How badly might she be hosed from doing this? (hopefully figuratively.. But after reading through this thread jfc i dunno)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not hosed but I'm afraid she is at least mildly retarded.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Did she at least pick a MOS that gives an actual skill or a clearance?

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Not hosed but I'm afraid she is at least mildly retarded.
Yeah, probably not a choice I would make. Maybe she should have joined the Coast Guard.. I knew this guy who flunked out of college his first year, then later decided to join the Coast Guard. After he got out, his education was pretty much covered. It didn't sound like a terrible experience from what he described.

Unrelated, but I learned from him that apparently Coast Guard people are forbidden from touching literally anything during a cleanup (like the BP spill, etc), and literally only "check off the boxes" or something while monitoring the people who do the cleaning. Also side doors fall off their helicopters occasionally, sometimes dropping into the ocean.

I'm not sure what MOS she picked, but probably not one that provides a useful skill. I heard about this from another relative, but it sounds like she signed up for grunt work afaik.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There's going to be a wave of women signing up for infantry now that the ban has lifted until word gets out how much infantry sucks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Essentially the "weaker" and pussy the branch appears translates to how easy they have it. It's jealousy. Army dudes want to roll their sleeves up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I remember being 18 and thinking I wanted to be a super cool infantry badass just like in the video games and movies. After nearly freezing my balls off in freezing rain on a few FTXes, I realized that was dumb and opted to go engineers instead.

• Locked thread