Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chasing Ice is good.

The world is hosed... basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think I mentioned How We Got to Now here earlier but whet the Hell, I'll mention it again because it's good.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Wait, didn't they already try a Criminal Minds spinoff once before? It's not like they can do Criminal Minds: New York since the team travel all over the US anyway.

Still, Gary Sinese is always good value, and appears to be taking the William Petersen attitude of 'I'll make a ton of money doing this while I do my real acting on stage'.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Through the wormhole is not just bad, it's bad science.

I'll cross that one off the list before I get to it then, thanks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Was that Good Wife Superbowl spot the first official announcement of the final season?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Puppy-Monkey-Baby was dumb as hell, but I know my nephew is going to want to watch it a million times on YouTube.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Lycus posted:

Puppy-Monkey-Baby was dumb as hell, but I know my nephew is going to want to watch it a million times on YouTube.

It was awful. Already seen one of my friends say on Facebook that it was their favorite commercial of the night, and now I question our friendship.

zoux posted:

Was that Good Wife Superbowl spot the first official announcement of the final season?

First I heard of it was during that promo. Aside from an earlier article saying the lead actress was done after this season, which is as good as cancelling the show.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Escobarbarian posted:

I didn't really make it very far in so I dunno
Did you at least make it to the part where the alien fungus takes over an entire room of the sex house?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

HorseRenoir posted:

Another one? Didn't they already have a spinoff that got cancelled after one season?

The Criminal Mind's spinoff never started but it did somehow become the plot to CSI: Cyber, which even stars the same actress from the Criminal Mind's spinoff.

CBS is weird.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

The Criminal Mind's spinoff never started but it did somehow become the plot to CSI: Cyber, which even stars the same actress from the Criminal Mind's spinoff.

CBS is weird.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1703874/?ref_=nv_sr_3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Gced_Z_KU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I had no idea that exist, I just remembered the one they tired about child abductions with Patricia Arquette which I think also might be the one with Jason Alexander.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I hate this loving song.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Triumph's Election Special is up on Hulu.

Robert Smigel really hates Ted Cruz.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

I hate this loving song.

it will psych you out in the end

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Triumph's Election Special is up on Hulu.

Robert Smigel really hates Ted Cruz.

Everyone really hates Tom Cruz.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Did Mr. Robot stick the landing? I watched most of the first episode last night and was really digging it, but ended up glancing at the AVClub (I know, I know...) score for the season and it was lower than I'd expected.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

If you like the pilot watch the season. It's good.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
First season of Mr. Robot was so good, people are already outlining thinkpieces about what went wrong in season 2.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

mr. robot is literally all landing, like the final act of the season is why you watch the show in the first place

until then, it's a usa show, but in reverse

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toxxupation posted:

mr. robot is literally all landing, like the final act of the season is why you watch the show in the first place

until then, it's a usa show, but in reverse

Yeah I was going to post something like

They nail the landing, but the camera pulls back and the landing was another diving board

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

feedmyleg posted:

Did Mr. Robot stick the landing? I watched most of the first episode last night and was really digging it, but ended up glancing at the AVClub (I know, I know...) score for the season and it was lower than I'd expected.

Son, why the gently caress you trusting the AV Club about anything?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I watched the first three or four episodes of Mr. Robot, and while there was nothing wrong with the show, it was just too... bleak for my tastes. If I want bleak I'll turn on the news.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I watched the first three or four episodes of Mr. Robot, and while there was nothing wrong with the show, it was just too... bleak for my tastes. If I want bleak I'll turn on the news.

Fictionally bleak.

It's also worth watching all the way through.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I couldn't get into it either. It was good, just like, I didn't want to watch it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Don't be like that! AV Club and Sepinwall don't get it right every time, but where else do you want people to go to get an informed opinion, TV Guide or People or some poo poo? AV Club is fine.

EDIT: Mr. Robot owns, favorite surprise of 2015 imo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

timp posted:

Definitely my favorite show of last year. That and Sens8.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rarity posted:

Well I mean I don't think I always agree with the grades they give episodes most of the time (at least in the A/B range, cause it means nothing) but their reviews (not recaps) are generally very good, even if I also don't agree with some of their reviews. Honestly there are so few places that actually do reviews anyway so it's not like you can really turn them away.

The bigger problem is feedmyleg and presumably a lot of other people can't come to their own opinions, even only after a single episode. I mean I liked (not loved) Mr. Robot and would heartily recommend it to other people but for my younger brother the pilot put him off, so that's too bad. No, he didn't go check AV Club review grades.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yeah, mr. robot's first half/two-thirds builds to a payoff

like, the overwhelming bleakness isn't just the show being virulently anti-USA in the most obvious way possible, it has a point to it all that it makes in the final three eps

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

betterccall saull nextwek

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

All my TV opinions come from Todd Van Der Werff Vox explainers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Magicians has been renewed for a second season.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sober posted:

The bigger problem is feedmyleg and presumably a lot of other people can't come to their own opinions, even only after a single episode. I mean I liked (not loved) Mr. Robot and would heartily recommend it to other people but for my younger brother the pilot put him off, so that's too bad. No, he didn't go check AV Club review grades.

Actually, I was just looking back through AVClub reviews to get a sense of what TV I've missed from the past year since I've got more time now than I did in the fall and it seemed like a handy reference tool, not to actually read their reviews or look at their specific letter grades. I just happened to notice they gave it a B or something similar and that clashed with how much general praise I'd heard here, so I asked about the disparity since I wasn't sure if the SA praise was just in the premiere episodes. Was planning on watching the whole thing anyway, but had to go to bed halfway through the pilot and wouldn't be able to finish it until tonight and was curious in the meantime. But thanks for ignorantly saying I can't form my own opinions.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 9, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

IRQ posted:

I couldn't get into it either. It was good, just like, I didn't want to watch it.

Yeah I lost interest and never finished it.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

timp posted:

Don't be like that! AV Club and Sepinwall don't get it right every time, but where else do you want people to go to get an informed opinion, TV Guide or People or some poo poo? AV Club is fine.

AV Club and Sepinwall both said The Leftovers was good. They have yet to apologize.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

leftovers sseason 2 was cool, i got to watc and notice every time they showed the lockhart courthouse

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Mr. Robot S1 on my DVR and I was going to watch it next but I just watched Childhood's End which had been sitting on my DVR since December. And that was just so weird and odd and kind of depressing that I feel like I need a buffer before Mr. Robot.

It doesn't help that I've been re-watching The 100 to try and catch up on S3. So I just need to find something kind of happy. Maybe its time to give Kimmy Schmidt another go.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

KatWithHands posted:

Anyone here have CraveTV and checked out Letterkenny yet? I'm waffling on a subscription, but they're doing a free month trial and I've been waiting forever for this series.

I've got Crave, I watched the first 4 episodes last night, they do the youtube vids justice. The banter is hilarious. The only thing I'm not liking is the skids in episode 2 onwards, they just seem a bit too much. Grew up in an Alberta town of ~15,000 people and the show hits really close to home, especially the hockey players

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't remember who was talking about Trophy Kids on Netflix earlier in the thread, but whoever you were, I hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

smg77 posted:

AV Club and Sepinwall both said The Leftovers was good. They have yet to apologize.
Leftovers season 2 is one of the best season of TV ever.

• Locked thread