Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
In the new game, you get special abilities if you have digimon of one of the three classes.
Data, Virus, and Vaccine. It's basically a weapon triangle, where Data defeats Vaccine defeats Virus defeats Data.
Lilymon is a Data, Angewomon is a Vaccine and LadyDevimon is a Virus.
This game also has digimon who do not fit into any of the classes, and to get the "increase encounter rate" or "force encounter" you need a non-classed digimon. I picked him:

because he's cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Droyer is actually italian.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I'm looking forward to going to Taiwan this summer to see notable good person Droyer in his county of birth

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Neat. I learnt about Digimon today :) That spidery dude looks like a Brother from The Void so that's cool

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

the secret is i was actually born in international waters

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Endorph and other FE-knowing people: what are the bast pre-DS Fire Emblems to start with if you're new to the series?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Endorph and other FE-knowing people: what are the bast pre-DS Fire Emblems to start with if you're new to the series?

7 or 8. They're the two GBA ones released in the west.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I really hope that reading more books again will help me not talk like an idiot anymore but I think it might be too late for me

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FirstAidKite posted:

i always thought it was pretty lame that digimon transform back to their basic form

idk if thats still the case or not tho i havent seen anything digimon related since the first movie

It depends on the game. Some games are raising simulators, where you raise a digimon from its egg all the way up as far as it can go before it dies, and you try again. In this game, you can digivolve both ways whenever you hit your home base, and they have a max level they can reach, which increases when they digivolve or de-digivolve. Right now, most of my team can hit level 90. (Infermon 86, LadyDevimon 92, Lilymon and Angewomon 99).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

sacred stones, because it is pretty easy since you can grind all of your units up to max level when you unlock the repeatable missions relatively early on

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Either of the GBA ones is good

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, the ones released in America on the GBA both serve as solid introductions to the series. "Fire Emblem" comes with a complete tutorial story, where the first 10 chapters exist to teach you the basics of the game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thanks, friends. :)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

7, because if you're like me the freedom to grind in 8 is too strong and you'll get side tracked too easily

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what are the best nes/snes Fire Emblems though? i've only beaten Awakening but have played most of FE7 and 8 and PoR

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Erg posted:

7, because if you're like me the freedom to grind in 8 is too strong and you'll get side tracked too easily

No joke, the minute that you could get the paralogue units in Awakening my progress on the main game stopped to a halt both times I played.

Once you finish the two on the GBA, the Gamecube one and the Wii one are both fun games, though the Wii one has its issues.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

dogsicle posted:

what are the best nes/snes Fire Emblems though? i've only beaten Awakening but have played most of FE7 and 8 and PoR

Geneaology of the Holy War and Thracia 776 are usually the ones cited. 4 and 5.

Thracia is punishingly hard, though. You're a guerrilla resistance against an army, and it enjoys showing you the difference in power.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

The NES games aren't really worth playing except Gaiden if you like weird old school jank, FE4 and FE5 are the good SNES ones

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cool, i suppose i'll see about getting 4 and 5 on my phone

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Dryzen posted:

I really hope that reading more books again will help me not talk like an idiot anymore but I think it might be too late for me

i read manga and it probably makes me talk more like an idiot cuz of bad translations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

FE4 and FE5 are both fun but they're the kind of games you definitely need guides for. FE4 has kids and pairing but unlike Awakening the parents leave once the kids join, so if your pairings are bad you can wind up with a team of useless kids.

in FE5's case the game is just pretty unfair. Rather, it's not that rough once you know what each map is throwing at you, but unelss you feel like resetting three times to figure that out, it's best to just look up what the map's big threats are.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Dryzen posted:

It's ok, reading more books has not stopped me from talking like an idiot.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Allarion posted:

It's ok, reading more books has not stopped me from talking like an idiot.

reading books is how i became an adult that knows the definition of a lot of words and how to spell them, but not how to actually pronounce them

so every couple months I'll have a fun little discovery, like when I found out the l in "solder" is silent

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a summary of the manster prison in fe5:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Kids on the Slope is the greatest show about teen angst and jazz music

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Amazing gif

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

is this like a step by step tutorial to doing something in dark souls

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Erg posted:

Memes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

it's what's commonly known as a 'joke.'

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

it's what's commonly known as a 'joke.'

but what were steps 1-70???

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

:cheerdoge:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

jacking off

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

be a dumbass and enter the Havel room from the back

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

jacking off

Man I've been playing fire emblem all wrong this entire time

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
What are the good pairings in Fire Emblem 4? I've been thinking about playing it while I wait for Fates

Is Fin good with anyone? I arbitrarily liked him when I first played that game in 2003 or whatever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Allarion posted:

Man I've been playing fire emblem all wrong this entire time

You played without Virion on the field?!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

What are the good pairings in Fire Emblem 4? I've been thinking about playing it while I wait for Fates

Is Fin good with anyone? I arbitrarily liked him when I first played that game in 2003 or whatever

He's pretty good for Lachesis.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Fin's good with most everyone. And he's actually the one guy you get in both generations, so enjoy the maximum amount of fin. Since he's in the second gen, he gets lots of convos with his kids to give them various boosts and items and stuff.

I'd pair him with Lachesis, it's a pretty decent pairing and a lot of the people Lachesis wants to marry are in high demand.

http://www.serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War_Pairing_Guide

here's a pairing guide, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that said, not pairing Fin is pretty decent, since it means he can keep his brave lance in the second gen and just go to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DoubleDonut posted:

also, the love system is very different from later games', and has interactions that can result in NTR. personally I just read Serenes before every chapter because the game throws random events in there like sending your useless armor knight out to the middle of nowhere so he can get a stat ring.

• Locked thread