Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
I've been burnt out on guild wars 2 for a couple of months.
Did anyone organise regular dragons stand runs? I never managed to get on a winning map for that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

if you just keep an eye on lfg about 10 minutes or so before the map reset time, you should trivially be able to get into an active, successful map

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's also pretty easy to put one together yourself. Literally just type "LETS MAKE A META MAP" in map chat and start taxiing people in. It has yet to fail me

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fear my reaper.

6th character to 80, and it gets easier every time. Nearing level 80, few events and finding random waypoints make a whole level.

So far it's tons of fun just going around reaping everything to pieces.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

goattrails posted:

I've been burnt out on guild wars 2 for a couple of months.
Did anyone organise regular dragons stand runs? I never managed to get on a winning map for that event.

I've only had 1 map fail in the 10 or so that I did. Of course one time I DC'd after a success, which caused me to rage since you can't get back. And the one that failed did so because a new build was announced halfway through and a bunch of people left or couldn't get back in. The end part seems impossible to fail, while the leadup events give a ton of time. As long as the three tags are communicating then you should be fine. But if you don't have a tag in each lane or they aren't organizing for one, get out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only difficult part is getting all three lanes to correctly break down their gate at their tower, and is probably the only real timewaster. the actual fight itself goes well no matter what.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah people have things figured out to the point that they generally get to the trio of bosses with well over an hour left on the clock, so you can wipe and reset the bosses repeatedly and still be fine

E: vvv if anyone else is looking, it's DLGamer

Just be prepared for some pretty bad customer service and for it to possibly take a few hours to a couple days to get your code.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 8, 2016

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Who had the expansion at a discount again?

edit - nevermind, found the official retailer page on arena.net

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 8, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
anyone got any advice for dueling necros?

most of the time i fight a necro i just go into the fight assuming im going to lose horribly because i have no idea how you're supposed to chew through that much goddamned health

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 8, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Moa.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Before the expaantion, necros would typically be condi tanks. Plenty of cc, dont use buffs, have vondi clears and you're good. Back then necros had poo poo all for stunbreaks, though they could easily turn your cc back in you as well.

Now that everything is a reaper I dunno.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In necro vs necro fights, whoever uses their condition transfer like plague signet first loses.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

necro seems like the coolest light

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Magres posted:

anyone got any advice for dueling necros?

most of the time i fight a necro i just go into the fight assuming im going to lose horribly because i have no idea how you're supposed to chew through that much goddamned health
If they're in reaper shroud then dump conditions on them and kite because they have no condition removal (they probably do have duration reduction on slowing effects though). If they're not in reaper shroud then CC them because they have no stab. They have no way to avoid your attacks either way other than dodging and their endurance regen sucks. Also bring good condition removal to get rid of the chill..

If they're not a reaper for whatever reason then get up in their grill because life blast fails to cast like 90% of the time if you're circling around them and they have no way to disengage. Also if you have a projectile reflect then just use that and laugh.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 8, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I've been noticing a trend.

It's a dumb trend, and a total waste of a total makeover kit each.

It's a dumb trend to match not only a dumb face,

But also a dissimilar, clashing hairstyle together.

It looks completely stupid and I hate it.

I don't even care about the rest of their outfit or dye choices.

The whole thing is instantly ruined by their terrible facial and sartorial choices AND THIS BUGS ME A LOT

(this may or may not have the hair but it still has the dumb face)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the average videogame player is completely unaware of and unable to determine what good aesthetics are? i'm surprised.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What kind of person is given a character creator and doesn't attempt to create a few ugly things to go alongside their perfect anime princess?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
What kind of person takes offense to other people making the characters they want?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

What kind of person takes offense to other people making the characters they want?

Basically almost every goon.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Basically almost every goon.

this forever

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

That's not even getting into how goons feel about how other people play

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's frankly unacceptable you'd make moot before kudzu.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Illuyankas posted:

I use that hair :smith:

Illuyankas posted:

But do you use that face?!?!

Oh! ha. no that poo poo looks like a stuffed animal

Heres my engi if anyone cares (you dont)

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 9, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I use that hair :smith:

But do you use that face?!?!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Heres my engi if anyone cares (you dont)

I do, that owns

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 9, 2016

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

MooCowlian posted:

It's frankly unacceptable you'd make moot before kudzu.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Illuyankas posted:

This is the "My Furry Husband" dead giveaway combo.

There's a female analogue too

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My PC is off for repairs, farewell for awhile friends. :qq:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

This is as lame as Taimi. Is she supposed to be an Asura Ranger? Do those exist?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I can't tell if that golem is real or not

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

It's 9 feet tall and doesn't walk. I don't know how they plan on moving it around anywhere, or if they're just going to leave it in their living room or something.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

YYYEEESSSS SUCK IT NERDS

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

YYYEEESSSS SUCK IT NERDS

:confused: we all have that

don't tell me you actually did it legit :cawg:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I did

I did it legit and it was fun

(we had someone try to death-cheese it and they didn't get it :smug:)

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

my strategies are leaking

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

WPAK tag spotted

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It's 9 feet tall and doesn't walk. I don't know how they plan on moving it around anywhere, or if they're just going to leave it in their living room or something.

Taimi is 2' tops and she gets around just fine. :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Still no word on the WvW revamp details?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

That is absolutely fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Orv posted:

Still no word on the WvW revamp details?

Only this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1lvt5k/wvw_borderlands_revamp_livestream/

• Locked thread