Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
the first set is a direct riff off Shadow over Innsmouth and you think guy it's a coincidence they use the word "eldritch"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lancelot posted:

the first set is a direct riff off Shadow over Innsmouth and you think guy it's a coincidence they use the word "eldritch"?

Just Sigma.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of DBZ was when piccolo destroyed the moon and there were no permanent consequences. My favorite zelda game involves dropping a moon on people.

I hope this upcoming block involves destroying moons, or even better, dropping the moon on towns.

Ramos posted:

Just Sigma.

Sigma's final form in MMX looks like majora's mask so obv he would hate the moon.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I have found the person that Wizards uses for all of their market research.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Chamale posted:

To be fair, that person is probably more likely to be cracking packs for chase mythics than the average reader of this thread.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chamale posted:

Never been on Tumblr?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

ScarletBrother posted:

To be fair, that person is probably more likely to be cracking packs for chase mythics than the average reader of this thread.

Comic store nearby still has MM2015 for sale, I gave serious consideration to buying one or two packs. Someone talk me out of it.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 8, 2016

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

C-Euro posted:

Comic store still haa MM2015 for sale, I gave serious consideration to buying one or two. Someone talk me out of it.

Do it, its fun

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Comic store still haa MM2015 for sale, I gave serious consideration to buying one or two. Someone talk me out of it.

do you want to lose money

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Elyv posted:

do you want to lose money

It's actually moderately close to value again thanks to idiot modern players

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

sarmhan posted:

Yea, the problem with dismember is mainly that it is way too good, same with mental misstep. They just overestimated the value of 4 life.

I think dismember is a really great card. It is however never been too good. Cards that are "too good" rarely show up as 1 of's and 4 life is pretty relevant.. It shows up in so many types of decks because it is very flexible mana wise.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The line for "too good" is much higher than many people in this thread view it as if we're calling a perfectly fine card like Dismember too good.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The Demolish variant that was leaked looks very eldrazi-ish.

It exiles and involves reality distortion.

And the flavor text:
"As Zendikar has bled, so will innistrad. As I have wept, so will Sorin."
-Nahiri

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

I think dismember is a really great card. It is however never been too good. Cards that are "too good" rarely show up as 1 of's and 4 life is pretty relevant.. It shows up in so many types of decks because it is very flexible mana wise.

Yeah I'm good with dismember.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zoness posted:

I hope this upcoming block involves destroying moons, or even better, dropping the moon on towns.
Nahiri's gonna drop the moon on Innistrad and the power rangers have to blow it up first!

Hire me wizards, I'm a writer now

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
What if Nahiri merged Emrakul into the moon and now Emrakul is the moon

SHE IS THE MOON

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

Nahiri's gonna drop the moon on Innistrad and the power rangers have to blow it up first!

Ok but they'll pay you 60% of what other writers of your skill level earn.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
what if zendikar is actually orbiting innistrad

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Archenteron posted:

What if Nahiri merged Emrakul into the moon and now Emrakul is the moon

SHE IS THE MOON

Then Tamiyo is going to have to kick out Emrakul so she can be the person with the moon-merge.

"Oh, so you're the Living Guildpact, Jace? Not bad, not bad. I'M THE GODDAMN MOON"

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gyshall posted:

Innistrad is just a small countryside, so it would be the other way around

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gyshall posted:

Magic cosmology seems pretty vague, really. Is a Plane supposed to be a whole universe? A planet? Are there multiple worlds in a plane? Are places like Tarkir and Innistrad even actually spherical planets? What is Zendikar actually shaped like? And what the hell is going on with Alara?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Entropic posted:

Magic cosmology seems pretty vague, really. Is a Plane supposed to be a whole universe? A planet? Are there multiple worlds in a plane? Are places like Tarkir and Innistrad even actually spherical planets? What is Zendikar actually shaped like? And what the hell is going on with Alara?

Those are silly questions to which nobody actually wants to know the answer, now check out the brooding nerd character we made for you to live vicariously through

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

JerryLee posted:

Those are silly questions to which nobody actually wants to know the answer, now check out the brooding nerd character we made for you to live vicariously through

Why you talkin smack about tamiyo

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I hope there's a card printed of emrakul sitting on a tiny chair at a meeting of the gently caress the gatewatch club as the sole remaining eldrazi representative.
Also pictured around the table are Bolas, elesh norn, Ob nixilis, ashiok, Heliod, and I dunno urza's head or something

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wurzag posted:

I hope there's a card printed of emrakul sitting on a tiny chair at a meeting of the gently caress the gatewatch club as the sole remaining eldrazi representative.
Also pictured around the table are Bolas, elesh norn, Ob nixilis, ashiok, Heliod, and I dunno urza's head or something

why does/would urza hate the babywalkers?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Do we actually know anything about Ashiok/Ashok's motivations?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Lancelot posted:

for the same reason thomas jefferson would (hopefully??) hate ted cruz

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lancelot posted:

I mean urza aside from opposing yawgmoth was pretty morally ambiguous in his own right.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Dude's just a head anyway, one of the others probably brought him along tucked under their arm

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Entropic posted:

Just like star wars single-biome planets, you can consider them the same equivalence as a town or city or small region, whatever the need may be. They just like to call them something evocative of a larger dimension, in the same way yugioh gives its monsters thousands of points of power.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
So why does Simian Spirit Guide tap in your hand when you exile it for mana on mtgo?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

So why does Simian Spirit Guide tap in your hand when you exile it for mana on mtgo?

It was unintended but if you like it you should tell wotc and they won't bother to fix it 6 months from now.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Anything that adds mana seems to tap now, including Scions.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Anything that adds mana seems to tap now, including Scions.

What happens if you activate pili-pala?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Entropic posted:

Whatever the story needs because it's magic goddammit.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Entropic posted:

I assumed they were all at least planets, to keep from people wandering off the edge, but if Innistrad is really the equivalent of the Scottish Highlands drifting through space alone, that's pretty good.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Wurzag posted:

Dude's just a head anyway, one of the others probably brought him along tucked under their arm

It's mounted on a remote control car.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Terrible Horse posted:

I assumed they were all at least planets, to keep from people wandering off the edge, but if Innistrad is really the equivalent of the Scottish Highlands drifting through space alone, that's pretty good.

It's like the floating islands at the end of neverending story or the "reality balls" from GW's age of sigmar. :3:

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Yawgmoth posted:

Hope it's a Blood Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

I posted about this recently with Birchlore Rangers, which also "taps" when it's ability is activated. I say "taps" because you can tap it to pay the cost as normal; it just untaps and then taps again, this time for real.

• Locked thread