Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

apparently neither can the people at GT

two hours ago they all got called into a meeting and told "hey we're shutting you down" just out of the blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

woolie legitimately thinks GATE is a bastion of anime

You know I will give Woolie a tiny amount of credit here and say no, it's just a show he watches.

He does, however, think Gangsta is a bastion of anime.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So why IS Pat's room so barren?

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

lovely. Their Retrospectives were loving amazing to watch and I looked forward to them so drat much.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

They say a man's soul is reflected onto his room.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Wow, everything good is dead!" - Pat Fuccboivin, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I bet he uses his bedroom to sleep and nothing else, and the Patron finds ornamenting a room that is always dark illogical. He does not understand all of our hyu-mon ways.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

I bet he uses his bedroom to sleep and nothing else, and the Patron finds ornamenting a room that is always dark illogical. He does not understand all of our hyu-mon ways.

He's right tho, why would you put fancy things on your sleeping room, just have a bed and a place to dump clothes on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hopefully they get on patreon soon.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Goddamn, first Joystiq now GT? Are all the good/decent news sites just dying out because of a conspiracy against actually sincere and well researched games journalism?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No they're dying out because people get their news from screaming youtube idiots

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So how does Pat sleep like that when he's not alone? He has a girlfriend. Do they sleep in different beds?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Blockhouse posted:

No they're dying out because people get their news from screaming youtube idiots

That still confirms a conspiracy, even if this thread is about screaming YouTube idiots.

Anyway, the podcast is out extremely early, which is odd to say the least.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So how does Pat sleep like that when he's not alone? He has a girlfriend. Do they sleep in different beds?

She would constantly interrupt his 45 minutes of ceiling staring.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

He's right tho, why would you put fancy things on your sleeping room, just have a bed and a place to dump clothes on.

I'm no psychiatrist like Pat, but I think it's gotta be weird to have any part of your house totally barren and unornamented. Like, I don't use my bedroom for anything besides dressing and sleeping, but I still like making the space feel like my own by throwing up a few posters.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Early on in the podcast's life, I think I remember Pat saying having other people live with you "is gross", so I think they have different places. Pat also sleeps from like, 9AM to 6PM every other day, so it's not like they'd be fighting over the space to begin with.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I think his sleep cycle has normalized some since he was going to bed around 11pm that night he was streaming.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This Sword Art game is really ugly, especially coming off the fairly high fidelity of Digimon

E: what the gently caress am I saying

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 9, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rodyle posted:

This Sword Art game is really ugly, especially coming off the fairly high fidelity of Digimon

E: what the gently caress am I saying

Digimon Is Better Than Sword Art Online

no qualifiers necessary it's applicable to all iterations

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well yes

E: this is Pat vs The Controls

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 9, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Depths posted:

I cant understand sleeping on your stomach

Yeah for loving real

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah for loving real

It's easy if you have a comfortable enough pillow :confused:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah for loving real

Agreed. The human body is built so you lay on your back, laying on your stomach is madness.

Pat's envelope thing is shockingly dull and not even that strange, I think it's more that when he was a kid he thought it was a cool technique and now as an adult man its become his ritual and he sorta needs it to start feeling comfortable enough to sleep calmly. Anyway in the video he also mentions that he hasn't really decorated his room yet since moving, which was not that many weeks ago. He'll probably get rid of the floral and bird decorations before decorating his room I bet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
guys more importantly daniel bryan has passed away

so sad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dias posted:

guys more importantly daniel bryan has passed away

so sad

Are you sure that he didn't just retire like the news articles I'm seeing said?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Are you sure that he didn't just retire like the news articles I'm seeing said?

he's dead for real

he finally became a farm

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Holy poo poo, Woolie getting all salty and existential in the latest Reeboot.

He's right though, we only want to see this series because he's losing his sanity and facing that his childhood love isn't nearly as good as he remembered.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did matt get his place broken into or something

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Podcast is up and Woolie has seen the light of Lucha Underground.

LU is so loving cool! A bunch of Luchadors fighting over ancient Aztec medallions so they can from the Gift of the Gods Championship. A guy who's actually a literal dragon who's best friend is a rocketman. A guy who's the physical embodiment of life and another who's the physical embodiment of death. and Pentagon Jr. is the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

Here's a season 1 sizzle reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GAnIuBKuLo

Season 2 just started and it's already amazing. The Temple has been taken over my Mil Muertes(the physical embodiment of death I mentioned earlier) who watches over the action from this throne like Shao Kahn:

There's King Cuerno, a big game hunter who dresses like a cowboy:

And the way they introduce new wrestlers is great, you just see them wondering around talking about themselves as their attacked by random Lucha Bikers!

And here's some more cool gifs:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you kinda like wrestling you should watch the People Doing Actual SPDs Wrestling Federation

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
IRL crymetymes being committed to Matt? D:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

DumbparameciuM posted:

IRL crymetymes being committed to Matt? D:

Or By!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, apparently Liam said FF Tactics Advance is better than FFT.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Oh, apparently Liam said FF Tactics Advance is better than FFT.

:psyduck:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Liam was sent to this earth to be the provider of every wrong opinion ever conceived.

It is up to us how we use this opportunity.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh good, we can have this slapfight again

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

It has been written in ancient tablets that for every two pages of good and funny discussions, we need four pages of "Liam is wrong" circlejerk.
Time is a flat circle.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

God, Woolie VS Reboot is the best one-man podcast I've ever seen.
Speaking of, is there a legit finished LP of Reboot? Will Woolie be the first to beat this game for the Internet?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

PiedPiper posted:

Speaking of, is there a legit finished LP of Reboot? Will Woolie be the first to beat this game for the Internet?

My paltry attempts with google turned up nothing, I seem to Recall Wools saying something to this effect in the first Reboot ep or on the podcast or something.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

PiedPiper posted:

i'm thoroughly enjoying Woolie VS Reboot, best titlecard they've ever had and its genuinely entertaining to listen to him solo; even without knowing anything about reboot.

as much as I enjoyed Matt's QA insight into No More Heroes, I feel like his solo commentary suffers a bit without a jumping off point. Pat's soothing, Bob Ross-esque descent into insanity and Woolie's weirdo islander anecdotes and general weary fatigue fare a bit better on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

If anything, it'll be the most popular playthrough of it by leaps and bounds.