Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Some Japanese person's interpretation of pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Decoy Badger posted:

Why is it so shiny?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

RareAcumen posted:

This picture is ironically enormous

What was this picture?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

cyberia posted:

Why is it so shiny?

~glamour shot~

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

cyberia posted:

Why is it so shiny?

Guessing it's one of those fake plastic display models they sometimes have.

Or a pizza coated in Vaseline.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's probably no cordyceps in her product since it costs around 200$ per 100gr

You can buy Cordyceps in pretty much any Chinese grocery store. It's whole dried moth larvae with a bit of the fungus poking out. It's not even expensive enough to be kept behind the counter.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Kitsch! posted:

Guessing it's one of those fake plastic display models they sometimes have.

Or a pizza coated in Vaseline.

Finding the original twitter post did not clarify things.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

You can buy Cordyceps in pretty much any Chinese grocery store. It's whole dried moth larvae with a bit of the fungus poking out. It's not even expensive enough to be kept behind the counter.
So it's adapted its spore distribution mechanism to make use of human commercial infrastructure. Fantastic.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That's just

That's just seawater.

IT'S JUST SEAWATER

Nope. It's microfiltered seawater. So they took all the good stuff out and had to put stuff back in.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:stare:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

My Lovely Horse posted:

So it's adapted its spore distribution mechanism to make use of human commercial infrastructure. Fantastic.

A Selfish Gene Post :respek:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Is this... Fruit flavored candy in aspic? Because if it is then... Miiiiiight but only if the primitive and instinctual part of my brain could stop screaming Humans should not eat this at me

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PubicMice posted:

What was this picture?

The original picture was a lot bigger before the website shut down.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

That's exactly what came to mind, too. It's like they saw Skittles vodka and Jolly Rancher vodka and decided to try and copy it in the most rear end-backward way possible.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

My Lovely Horse posted:

I love that the huge lunch list also matter-of-factly names cocaine.
And that lunch ends with HST's famous snowcone of shaved ice and Chivas. For the drive home.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Sleeveless posted:

That's exactly what came to mind, too. It's like they saw Skittles vodka and Jolly Rancher vodka and decided to try and copy it in the most rear end-backward way possible.

MMM, stereotypical rainbow mystery chemicals found in a laboratory.

Content: "Sleepy Lettuce Soup"

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Looks like Froot Loops in broth to me.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

It's definitely vodka gushers. I think it was closer to an attempt on alcoholic gummi worms than skittles vodka.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
You gotta separate that poo poo out by color, otherwise it tastes even worse. I did this in college with a 5 pound bag of skittles and the two hours we spent separating out the colors was worth not brown colored mystery vodka.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

fong posted:

IIRC this was an official-type parody. Cant remember where I read that tho
Nah, Pete Evans is actually like that. The Steve Hogarty one is a parody.

Gridlocked posted:

My old man gave me this nutter's paleo diet cook book for Christmas.
Hey, it least it wasn't his baby-killing paleo diet book.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

axolotl farmer posted:

Whole tibetan cordyceps are actually expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtibetan+cordyceps.TRS0&_nkw=tibetan+cordyceps&_sacat=0

"Powdered cordyceps" is super cheap though. Probably because it's mostly not cordyceps

e: mystery solved: the cheap powdered cordyceps is most likely cordyceps militaris which probably isn't even used in traditional medicine but can easily be cultivated, while the sinensis variety which is used in Chines medicine is worth around 50$ / gr

e2: relevant to the thread; enjoy your chicken and zombie caterpillars stew

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Feb 8, 2016

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'll take my cordyceps at homeopathic doses anyway. It only follows that if it does mind control in its whole form, a homepathic dose should make you a genius as advertised.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nah according to the idea of homeopathy that would cure you from mind control, and why go to the trouble when there's perfectly good tin foil?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

My Lovely Horse posted:

They said we've lost it. The whole planet is against us. Every animal, insect, fish, and plant. Everything that can carry the spores. Things have finished changing, and the world is better. They want us to know. They want us to know that, accept it, and come out and be friends.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

My Lovely Horse posted:

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

They said we've lost it. The whole planet is against us. Every animal, insect, fish, and plant. Everything that can carry the spores. Things have finished changing, and the world is better. They want us to know. They want us to know that, accept it, and come out and be friends.

"Instruction for a..."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I thought it was fruitloops in some kind of thin broth or aspic as I scrolled past it.

The truth is so much worse

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

I love this series, it creeps me out in the best way.

Cordyceps creeps me out in the way that makes me do a shivery little freakout dance every time I think about it.

gay but cute tho
Apr 23, 2015

A BOLOGNA CAKE WITH MAYO AND MUSTARD FROSTING :barf:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

gay but cute tho posted:

There's not enough wonder bread in the world to make that edible

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Imagine the sauce sweats from eating even a tiny slice of that "cake".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

gay but cute tho posted:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Picnic Princess posted:

Imagine the sauce sweats from eating even a tiny slice of that "cake".

The violent shits scare me the most

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

"horrible recipe" posted:

Get 1 1/2 pounds bologna sliced 1/2-inch thick.
Take 1 piece of bologna and cover with a layer of cream cheese, lay another piece of bologna on top of first piece.
Then cover second piece with cream cheese, continue to do this until all 1 1/2 pounds are layered in the form of a cake.
:barf:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Decoy Badger posted:

*ticks "very wet" on AFP bingo*

*also "cash crab ate it"*

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Gridlocked posted:

*ticks "very wet" on AFP bingo*

*also "cash crab ate it"*

:colbert: Basil is good.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
It's the Leidenfrost effect in action!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
They're still in the wrapper, aren't they.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

cash crab posted:

:colbert: Basil is good.

Mmm, grilled cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Whoa whoa whoa, the bologna cake was made with cream cheese instead of mayo? I feel like that's an even worse food sin.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread