Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

You could probably make a Buu Squad

Good point. Buu team is drat good if you can get them all, or at least most. Near impossible to kill and pretty buff offensively. Just really hard to actually build. I'm still missing Kid Buu and waiting for them to release Piccolo Buu.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

ChronoReverse posted:

Oh I had thought supers just get through it. That makes sense I guess.

Is that why SSG Goku sometimes does 150k damage and other times does 80k damage despite the same active links?

I think so. I really don't know much about the damage system, but there sometimes that SSJ3 Goku's Super Attack was breaking a 100k against Broly, then othertimes it was only around 60k.

Echophonic posted:

Good point. Buu team is drat good if you can get them all, or at least most. Near impossible to kill and pretty buff offensively. Just really hard to actually build. I'm still missing Kid Buu and waiting for them to release Piccolo Buu.

I really enjoyed using a sorta Buu team with with Majin Buu (Good), Buu (Super), and Mr. Buu. I recently got Kid Buu, so I'm curious to try out that team. Maybe throw in Metamorphis links with a Red Frezia and Super Android 13? Would be easier if I had that STR Buu. Not sure if it'd be better than a Super Sayian Team (especially since I have so many), but it would be fun as a change of pace.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I finally defeated STR Broly! I got lucky and has an event Ssj Gohan on my team.

Edit: Got all three medals and I'm good. I did a summon and got the event kid Trunks. His defense against Broly's attacks and KaioKen Goku's constant power growth made the second and third runs a lot easier.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 8, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hope you guys aren't busy or anything this weekend. :v: Because it's looking like the Third World Tournament starts after Broly.

Yeah, that Kid Trunks was pretty impressive. Definitely more useful for Broly than Goten, but it busts the fight wide open if you're using them together with an AGL killstick.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 8, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
What's the top tier AGL bulldozers?

My AGL Golden Frieza and SSJ Goku aren't cutting it so far. :sigh:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Hope you guys aren't busy or anything this weekend. :v: Because it's looking like the Third World Tournament starts after Broly.

Yeah, that Kid Trunks was pretty impressive. Definitely more useful for Broly than Goten, but it busts the fight wide open if you're using them together with an AGL killstick.

I'd rather they release a story. Another tournament is dumb. Looks like they're trying to milk paying players dry.

Webbeh posted:

What's the top tier AGL bulldozers?

My AGL Golden Frieza and SSJ Goku aren't cutting it so far. :sigh:

Kaioken Goku or SSG Goku.

I'm also finding that Kid Buu is possibly an even better leader/partner to have than an event SSJ. But of the event characters Trunks does seem to be the best

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:stare: Well, uh... I made a US account and then almost immediately rolled Broly. I guess I'm pretty much set for the future!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I know it would be bad for business, since it's so much more profitable to force pulls from the machine, but I really wish they would let you buy certain units outright.
Not all of them, obviously, like I said, they'd be out of business if you could just spent $30 and be done with it, but at the very least let you purchase ones for events. Like the Broly thing, someone feel free to prove me wrong, but unless you're packing at least one of the banner pulls with the Blazing link, you have approximately 0% chance of victory, with more being better obviously. If you HAVE to have a certain unit(s) to clear an event or content, it should either be obtainable in game, or you should be able to buy the necessary piece separate from the lottery.

Like I said, I understand not being able to cherry pick all of them, but at least the ones that you need to clear otherwise rigged content would be nice.

That's just my opinion at least.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd add AGL SSJ Adult Gohan to the list of AGL bruisers. He's a bit more work to get to a super, but he's up there with SSG Goku. Gohan - 7934 attack, +70% on super, SSG Goku - 7923 attack, +75% on super. Both supreme, both have Kamehameha. Stuff like Blazing Battle's attack boost and Golden Warrior's defense debuff might even make up the 5% difference. He's way better than people rate him, I feel.

He's also apparently bugged in the Broly fight to get his +70% atk no matter what. It's something they fixed in Japan after the first Broly run, per Reddit.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

visceril posted:

Kaioken Goku or SSG Goku.

And now I know why I don't stand a chance.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have done this event 4 times and failed all 4 times.

This is my team for your reference, all max level.
AGI Vegeta-Saiyan Elite (For +3 AGI leader)
AGI SSJ Trunks-Talent from Dad
TEQ SSJ Goku-Legendary Super Saiyan
INT King Vegeta
STR Great Saiyaman 2-Goddess of Peace
TEQ Might Mask-Titanic Tag Team

Friends are usually either another AGI Vegeta or the STR Event Goku

I don't get what I am doing wrong when 5 of 6 of my team has Blazing Battle ( I use +3 Agi Vegeta to boost my AGI chars). If I block his super with Trunks it still does 20K+ damage and with someone else like INT Vegeta, I take 50K.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
The key to this is really to have an AGL nuker in position 1, Blazing Battle for the rest, and then a good friend (another nuker? a healer like Kid Buu?).

Your goal is really to get orbs in place for the nuker, and use Blazing Battle to reduce attack damage from Broly. That's it.

Using that, I just won my first time. It's weird.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Your team is already better than mine.

The trick is to get either SSG Goku or Kaioken Goku as your friend nuker. Use Pikkon on as your leader and set him beside your nuker for ki.

Use the first few turns arranging your characters so that your Pikkon/nuker pair is never attacked by Broly. Then you pick orbs and use fruit in order to get the nuker continuous supers even at the expense of damage for other characters.

With this method you usually only need a single dragon stone revive to win and occasionally need no stones. From my experience, SA1 Kaioken Goku is stronger the SA1 SSG Goku but as the SA goes up, SSG Goku has the advantage.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Well... I beat Brolli once... And burned like 12 dragonstones. Ugh.

It's mostly thanks to SSG Goku, kid trunks, and goten from a friend.

Edit: Wait, rearrange? Is it not just random who it throws out per turn or are you just talking about placement during the turn?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Syrant posted:

Well... I beat Brolli once... And burned like 12 dragonstones. Ugh.

It's mostly thanks to SSG Goku, kid trunks, and goten from a friend.

Edit: Wait, rearrange? Is it not just random who it throws out per turn or are you just talking about placement during the turn?

No, it's not random aside from the initial character order. It cycles in a predictable way. I'm terrible at manipulating it, personally, but whoever is in the first two slots on the row will stay together the next time they're up.

As in all things, there's a Reddit post on it. It links to a more specific explanation, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 8, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And a great Broly-specific guide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/171IAxeb3JNzGKjQDR82BYmYvlWBLEXDSWReaZ4kFdZk/edit

SSG Goku now has me two wins with Broly without a DS. This is the most challenging fun I've had with this game in awhile.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That's a pretty solid guide. The principles are sound, even for higher-offense teams.

Apparently Cell isn't nearly as rough a customer as Broly. His new SSR set isn't nearly as good, either. It features a new mediocre Super Vegeta. Super Trunks and the new Androids look cool, though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Furthermore, I think a lot of people are neglecting Saiyaman 2 and Mighty Masks supers.

In my experience, the impact of their defense-breaking supers increased Kaioken Goku's damage by about as much as his Super boost.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm a lot more excited for LR Cell, because I don't have to rely on Gacha fuckery.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally beat Broly three times - I'm happy with this event.

Onto the WT.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That dokkan battle builder website in the Broly guide is legit. I changed my main team completely.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I really like the team builder. Really handy for tinkering with teams with a certain gimmick. It does seem to be missing the Blazing Battle update to cards, though. I also really like the Links page on dbz.space.

I'm thinking about farming up an SA10 Broly, just for the heck of it and to get some XP on STR Broly. The SR version seems pretty good and I do have like 50 open slots in my box after Broly ate everyone. I read that it's possible to run all 4 Broly cards, but doesn't the STR one keep the name after the Dokkan?

Oh yeah, I'm sure you've all tried one out from your friends list, but LR STR Broly is hilarious. Fights just end when he gets to 12 ki.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 9, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So is Korin's Tower not working? The banner is up but it's not showing up in the events link. I used a stone to try and farm some training items and I wanted to get around 400 rank since running a couple of stages wouldn't have been enough to rank up if I waited the time. Oh well.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cozz posted:

So is Korin's Tower not working? The banner is up but it's not showing up in the events link. I used a stone to try and farm some training items and I wanted to get around 400 rank since running a couple of stages wouldn't have been enough to rank up if I waited the time. Oh well.

I want to say it was up one hour ago, so the banner being up might be a mistake?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That dokkan battle builder website in the Broly guide is legit. I changed my main team completely.

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I really like the team builder. Really handy for tinkering with teams with a certain gimmick. It does seem to be missing the Blazing Battle update to cards, though. I also really like the Links page on dbz.space.

Yeah, thanks for this. I was able to shuffle around my card and build some really strong looking decks, especially for AGL and STR where I have tons of fighters. Too bad my best INT team absolutely sucks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beat Broly 3 teams got my UR PHY Broly. That's pretty good, I think I'm through with the event unless I get really lucking an summon a STR Broly somehow.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm glad most of you got the stuff for a PHY SSJ Broly. He's really good.

Not that I'll see any non-Broly tournament teams at 165 team cost. Wonder how many points a round that ends up being.

Oh yeah, question for anyone who has him. Is INT SSJ Teen Gohan worth the effort to Awaken? I already have Trunks and they're basically identical. He might be useful for Cell?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You mean the cool-looking Successor of the Strongest one? At this point in time, he's a mid-low tier UR with the saving grace of bonus self-ki. Not really worth it unless you're like me, not having a lot of UR's or don't have a strong INT team.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Cozz posted:

It's been broken since the last update.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

You mean the cool-looking Successor of the Strongest one? At this point in time, he's a mid-low tier UR with the saving grace of bonus self-ki. Not really worth it unless you're like me, not having a lot of UR's or don't have a strong INT team.

Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking. I mean, he'd buff my INT team a bit, but that's about it.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I have a 4 day weekend and 11 stones. I guess I'm ready for the WT again.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'm prepared to spend 26 stones or even more to get at least top 5000. I want that Kaioken Goku.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Well I did two single pulls from all the stones they just shoved at me and I managed to pull an SSR (but of course not Broly) and get the STR SSGSS Vegeta, is that the bad one?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Last WT I was at rank 38. Now i'm at rank 98 and close to 99 with 17 stones for starters and plenty of stages to complete in reserves. I'm ready to win 100 for the gold ssr ticket.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

How did you rank up so fast? I'm only at rank 41 and it feels like it takes me two hours to go up one rank.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

How did you rank up so fast? I'm only at rank 41 and it feels like it takes me two hours to go up one rank.

Not too long ago we had the 2x exp 1/2 stamina event. While that was going on I went through the whole story on normal. Once that was done I ran stage 11-3 (Unknown Saiyans -> The Wayward Champion) on z-hard as much as I possibly could. Normally the stage is real long and ends with Hercule, but on z-hard it's only about 12 spaces long and ends with Jackie Chun. Each time I beat the stage I would get around 18000 rank exp which got me levels very quickly.

So next time the exp/stam event happens, give that a shot.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

Well I did two single pulls from all the stones they just shoved at me and I managed to pull an SSR (but of course not Broly) and get the STR SSGSS Vegeta, is that the bad one?

I think he's the better of the two. SSGSS cards live and die on super attacks and the STR one has a bigger boost +80% as opposed to 60%.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I honestly shouldn't complain about not getting Broly because I'm 100% F2P as of right now and I've gotten 5 natural SSRs from pulls and another 3 dokkanables from rarer SRs.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah apparently I started playing at a great loving time because so far pulls have gotten me 3 SSRs ( AGL SS Gohan and STR Super Spirit Trunks on top of the Vegeta mentioned earlier) on top of a lot of other Rares, plus a whole loving heap of items. It's been real nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
drat, the rewards for the tournament look pretty nice. I'll probably take Brolyteam to 100 wins this time, if the rumors of him trivializing it are true. Ton of DB Saga tickets. Also a Kaioken Goku, by the looks, as the top 5k prize. Probably not dedicated enough to pull that off, but we'll see.