Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

Aile is cool.

ZX was a fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I have a board game called Buck Rodgers that I inherited from my parents, sort of reminds me of these two games.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

it was a game called Splendor.

Also good, and very simple! I believe those two games were winner and runner-up for the Spiel des Jahres last year. I don't remember which was which.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I have a board game called Buck Rodgers that I inherited from my parents, sort of reminds me of these two games.

owl day... I had a dream about this board game the other night... wtf

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think we only even have one actual game store in my city, which is pretty sad. i suppose the college towns might be better for that stuff, even though they're technically smaller

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

homeless snail posted:

the starcraft boardgame is cooler

That game's cool, but takes a bit too long for my tastes. But it has really cool components, and the planet set-up is sized so that no matter how many players you have, it feels like a knife fight in a phone booth.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

homeless snail posted:

owl day... I had a dream about this board game the other night... wtf

It was a premonition of this moment. The question is: why?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That's a cool hormagaunt

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

That's a cool hormagaunt

ravener, -10 points from boom boom again

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the bomb in your neck collar will explode again, shortly

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

i think we only even have one actual game store in my city, which is pretty sad. i suppose the college towns might be better for that stuff, even though they're technically smaller

There's one game store in Houston. They do Warmachine, Magic the Gathering and Star Wars Armada.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

the bomb in your neck collar will explode again, shortly

and nothing of value was lost

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

There's one game store in Houston. They do Warmachine, Magic the Gathering and Star Wars Armada.

Blah. This is why I resist the idea of looking for work in Houston. Austin is so much better.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

ravener, -10 points from boom boom again

Tyranids don't show up much in the books, I don't know about the distinct bioforms

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm happy that I lived to see day the Final Dayon was unleashed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

it was such a loving amazing episode

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it was such a loving amazing episode

I hope they follow through.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Blah. This is why I resist the idea of looking for work in Houston. Austin is so much better.

Houston's not that bad

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Houston's not that bad

boom boom boom posted:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone tell me where all the cool light streaks in eyes animation shots are. Seeing it in Osomatsu-san today made me think Fujita was borrowing a technique from Gintama. It can't be that unique but I don't remember seeing many similar shots in other shows.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

There's other things to gauge cities by!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

There's other things to gauge cities by!

Right, like whether or not they're in Texas

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

Right, like whether or not they're in Texas

Harsh, but fair. I still like Austin, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I should probably go to the major city I live near more often, since I've only ever actually gone somewhere in the city like once in more than a year.

But it's like a 20 minute drive and parking is weird and also I'm lame.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

I should probably go to the major city I live near more often, since I've only ever actually gone somewhere in the city like once in more than a year.

But it's like a 20 minute drive and also I'm lame.

What's the city?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
One of the best wrestlemen in the world just retired and now I'm a mess

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

What's the city?

I'm not sure I want triple boom to know what city I live near.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

it was expected, to be honest.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I live an hour away from the nearest fairly big city (Des Moines) and two hours from a real big city, Kansas City.

I love the city, so this is vexing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The F6 swamp made me laugh really hard though, because it was even advertised as such.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i haven't had a chance to look at my thread all day and now i'm genuinely scared to peek in and see what it's become lmao

the dr frankenstein of lovely internet OPs right here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

that seems weird. Houston is one of like three "big" cities in TX i know as a non-resident, it should have lots of game stores

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
oh hey, it looks like there actually is a second game shop in Houston. It looks like they only play Magic and RPGs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sylphid posted:

I live an hour away from the nearest fairly big city (Des Moines) and two hours from a real big city, Kansas City.

I love the city, so this is vexing.

woah, Sylphid was secretly an Iowa goon all along? i only know of the one game store here in Des Moines, though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the most epic battle scene in anime this season goes to the sketch comedy show, handily

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

that seems weird. Houston is one of like three "big" cities in TX i know as a non-resident, it should have lots of game stores

Yeah, San Antonio had like half a dozen. Which was annoying, because I used to live in San Antonio, but back then I had no interest in games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tarranon posted:

i haven't had a chance to look at my thread all day and now i'm genuinely scared to peek in and see what it's become lmao

it's alright aside from some of the "inscrutable oriental" guy's posts

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

dogsicle posted:

woah, Sylphid was secretly an Iowa goon all along? i only know of the one game store here in Des Moines, though.

As if! I was born in Wyoming, but I've moved around a ton. I've lived in Maryland longer than Iowa (but I've mostly been living in Iowa since Summer 2009).

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tarranon posted:

which thread is yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't know that game, but that's a cute witch.

it is Riviera: The Promised Land, which is a neat little turn based rpg/sorta-CYOA thing where you play a dude named ein and you team up with some girls and try not to piss them off too much or else you'll wind up dating your cat

• Locked thread