Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

this is the vita thread, not marriage counseling

That's a shame, I need advice on what to do with no more Persona 4 spinoffs on the horizon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Looper posted:

why do you care

I know. I'm being stupid about this. It's just

ImpAtom posted:

I just don't understand his logic at all

It's kind of a peeve, I guess. It's like the peeing in the well thing, expect with dumb anime video games.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

That's a shame, I need advice on what to do with no more Persona 4 spinoffs on the horizon

spice things up in the bedroom by watching jojo with your wife

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Aren't there a bunch of dating sims on the vita?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Onechanbara is not HILARIOUS enough for D_T, despite its gameplay and visuals being literally everything he could want.

Do the characters calling each other "funbags" count as comedy because they do that

edit: VVV Get the accessory that makes cool combos easier and play as Kagura or Aya and it should be easy enough. It was a lot harder in previous games though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 9, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I was always bad at the cool combo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Uppers seems quite flat and poorly-rounded in areas where Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive are proud to stand out

In all seriousness it is kind of weird how the enemies just stood there. In Batman or Sleeping Dogs or probably any brawler from this decade they'd be pacing back and forth, posing threateningly, taking the occasional swing, etc. You only see them for maybe a second at a time in that video, so I hope that's not typical.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Onechanbara and SK are very different tone wise though, the former is more like an anime Planet Terror, riffing on the excesses of 80's zombie movies and other schlock horror whereas SK is a lot more... Sincere I guess? As in it actually wants you to care about the characters and stuff.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Onechanbara and SK are very different tone wise though, the former is more like an anime Planet Terror, riffing on the excesses of 80's zombie movies and other schlock horror whereas SK is a lot more... Sincere I guess? As in it actually wants you to care about the characters and stuff.

Games that want you to sincerely care about characters need to stop 30 of them front and center. I'm somehow supposed to care about Ikaruga and Yomi's happened-off-screen friendship just as much as Asuka and Homura's love story. Lack of focus, imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the real reason the Vita games are worse than the 3DS ones, because they introduce a bunch of characters no-one cares about.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Really Pants posted:

Uppers seems quite flat and poorly-rounded in areas where Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive are proud to stand out

oh i get it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the real reason the Vita games are worse than the 3DS ones, because they introduce a bunch of characters no-one cares about.

Yeah, but in the 3DS ones, you couldn't get me to care one bit about Hibari, so they at least fixed that.

With the Vita ones, it felt like how in Dynasty Warriors, you'd get a bunch of characters for all of two missions out of, like, 20. Unlike DW, it made you care about them (usually) for those two missions.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I care about hibari in the sense that yagyu should just kiss her already.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I can agree with that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

i care

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Motto posted:

this is the vita thread, not marriage counseling

Sometimes I lie awake at night and think, what is it to BE Dark Tits Anime? I try to put myself behind the man's eyes, try to think as he does. I wonder, does he think these things too? Does he lie awake, looking over his anime figure bookshelf, or perhaps thumbing through a titty anime game art book collector's bonus? I can hear mom yelling at him in spanish, or maybe Brazilian portuguese or whatever about the goddamn anime. I can almost feel it myself, his fingers gingerly handling a senran kagura DS box so as not to leave a smudge on the front. The texture, the excitement, every post he has ever made categorizing and ranking titty anime games. To go behind the looking glass is to understand why Uppers will be bad in his eyes. Without that level of commitment you can never truly comprehend the depths of thought which bring his opinionated posts forward, and thus can never comprehend Dark Tits Anime.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

OxMan posted:

Sometimes I lie awake at night and think, what is it to BE Dark Tits Anime? I try to put myself behind the man's eyes, try to think as he does. I wonder, does he think these things too? Does he lie awake, looking over his anime figure bookshelf, or perhaps thumbing through a titty anime game art book collector's bonus? I can hear mom yelling at him in spanish, or maybe Brazilian portuguese or whatever about the goddamn anime. I can almost feel it myself, his fingers gingerly handling a senran kagura DS box so as not to leave a smudge on the front. The texture, the excitement, every post he has ever made categorizing and ranking titty anime games. To go behind the looking glass is to understand why Uppers will be bad in his eyes. Without that level of commitment you can never truly comprehend the depths of thought which bring his opinionated posts forward, and thus can never comprehend Dark Tits Anime.

even if this is an edit of something, it's still weird

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

I care about hibari in the sense that yagyu should just kiss her already.

:yeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dt is cool, and is my friend

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motto posted:

even if this is an edit of something, it's still weird
why did FAU ever tell us the unfair probation period ended :ohdear:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

CrashCat posted:

why did FAU ever tell us the unfair probation period ended :ohdear:

You can still report it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think Uppers might be okay? I'm gonna wait until JPN release to pay any real mind to it though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

I think Uppers might be okay? I'm gonna wait until JPN release to pay any real mind to it though.

If it's anything like the rest of what Takaki makes, it'll be serviceable *at worst* in terms of performance. Surely, the guy can't possibly mess up cool yankee street fighter types.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Actually, looking at the trailer i get the feeling they couldn't get it running at a certain framerate, so they decided to make things a little bit slower and deliberate to make it remain playable while maintaining the style.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Onechanbara is not HILARIOUS enough for D_T, despite its gameplay and visuals being literally everything he could want.

Is more that is somewhat pricey for a game I'm not really sure I'll enjoy. I did play the first (?) Oneechanbara in the Xbox 360 and it was entertaining but certainly not something that I'd pay at full price. Just let me know when it gets a deal in the PSN and I gladly will get the game

Takoluka posted:

The issue here is that he was probably the first person other than maybe Policenaut to even start talking about Uppers, rather positively, only to now constantly express how much of a disappointment it already is. He went from "Oh man, Takaki made a bancho beat-em-up! Yeah!" to "Oh, Takaki made a sluggish, uninspired lack of effort," seemingly if only because Daidouji (maybe!) isn't going to be included in the character roster. The same thing happened with Vita Senran Kagura games. The series that he pretty much solely championed (until Ran_Kizama showed up) is now dead to him, replaced by Valkyrie Drive, for reasons no one can seem to decipher.

His enthusiasm goes in every direction, nonsensically so, and it just makes the discussion so disjointed. He's like if Taint Reaper was an otaku in fast-forward.

I was never that excited for Uppers though? I just let you guys know the game existed. The thing I was excited for (as you pointed out) is the prospect of having Dai in the game. Honestly at this point I'll take anything that will give me more Dai content. Poor girl is totally ignored by the japanese fanbase :smith:

Oh and if didn't liked the Versus games is because they feel shallow and uninspired.

Policenaut posted:

A demo was promised by Marvelous so it should hit the PSN next month.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is more that is somewhat pricey for a game I'm not really sure I'll enjoy. I did play the first (?) Oneechanbara in the Xbox 360 and it was entertaining but certainly not something that I'd pay at full price. Just let me know when it gets a deal in the PSN and I gladly will get the game

There were a bunch of Japan only on PS2 and PSP and one made it to NA on Wii.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's been as low as $20 and is, I believe, consistently $30 on PSN, which is less than the launch MSRP (which I think is $50? I don't remember what I paid for it). It's a good deal.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I picked up a used Vita from CL to replace the one I lost. Already had couple games, Disgaea 4 and Demon Gaze are the only retail games I have tho. Also a bunch of stuff off PS+ but a lot seems like garbage.

Gonna grab Persona 4. What other RPGs in the traditional styles are great?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trails of cold steel

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

Also a bunch of stuff off PS+ but a lot seems like garbage.
PS+ usually has one good game (Helldivers is great) and a bunch of bargain bin games that nobody would buy otherwise.

The real value is in the automated savegame backups. Make sure you enable them with the yellow + symbol on the game card.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Speaking of those backup saves, do they play nice with saves that were backed up without PS Plus? I did a Vita backup a few months back when I didn't have PS Plus and I want to take one of the saves from that backup and use it. I'd like both preferably but I don't have a lot of experience with the PS Plus backup system.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Stanos posted:

Speaking of those backup saves, do they play nice with saves that were backed up without PS Plus? I did a Vita backup a few months back when I didn't have PS Plus and I want to take one of the saves from that backup and use it. I'd like both preferably but I don't have a lot of experience with the PS Plus backup system.

If you overwrite the save with one from a PC, it'll likely disable the ps+ save, and then prompt you to upload it once you reenable it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can't believe the new Miku game isn't out yet and also isn't coming out on 3/9

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a list of suggested Vita accessories around? I think I'm gonna buy a 1001 off a dude I know.

Was considering:

http://www.amazon.com/crystal-protection-Playstation-Cosmos-Cleaning/dp/B007IPZYGK/ (purple or silver aluminum probably)

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CZD8AW

Is a back touch panel protector really all that important at all? Wasn't there something about a case that added extra triggers by touching the back pad or something?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

dt is cool, and is my friend

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

voltcatfish posted:

I can't believe the new Miku game isn't out yet and also isn't coming out on 3/9

The truest tragedy.

Also, I'm completely in love with the preorder exclusive outfit.

If the Vita wasn't so retarded when it comes to different region accounts I'd probably preorder it straight from Japan.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if a miku doesn't have twintails, can you really call her a miku at all

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Looper posted:

if a miku doesn't have twintails, can you really call her a miku at all

short hair miku owns actually

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

how could you disagree with miku's choices?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saoshyant posted:

Also, I'm completely in love with the preorder exclusive outfit.

Oh my god.

:stwoon: