Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

spamman posted:

Also more Hall and Oates is fantastic.
I want "Private Eyes".

Dross posted:

I had to google this, and that's the day I learned Dishwalla had a second single.
It's weird the little differences that would pop up before Clear Channel homogenized every radio station (and then the Internet just replaced them). The alt-rock station I grew up with never played a single Weezer song, no Radiohead other than "Creep", but yeah, we went two deep on Dishwalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me
Sister Hazel - All For You
Toto - Rosanna

The "Listen for 30 Seconds and Think 'Oh, THAT Song'" Pack

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Funky Valentine posted:

The "Listen for 30 Seconds and Think 'Oh, THAT Song'" Pack

The "We needed more songs besides Wonderwall for the douchebag who brings his guitar to every party" pack

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I want "Private Eyes".

It's weird the little differences that would pop up before Clear Channel homogenized every radio station (and then the Internet just replaced them). The alt-rock station I grew up with never played a single Weezer song, no Radiohead other than "Creep", but yeah, we went two deep on Dishwalla.

I need 'I can't go for that'

Also I don't think Sister Hazel got very big in Australia. Don't remember that song at all.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Rosanna is an amazing song and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

spamman posted:

Yes! It's amazing.

Also more Hall and Oates is fantastic.

More? What have they put up already?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

100YrsofAttitude posted:

More? What have they put up already?

Kiss On My List came out sometime last year.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Nocheez posted:

Rosanna is an amazing song and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivDkluAdvts

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

toymach1ne posted:

Sixpence None The Richer "Kiss Me" confirmed for next week

Not exactly my favorite song, but I totally remember this was like the 3rd song I ever learned how to play on guitar because its so easy.

Its a good simple jam for people learning guitar.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:black101:

That is a fun god drat song.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Have we gotten clues for this week?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Dewgy posted:

:black101:

That is a fun god drat song.

Whoa, nice.

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Have we gotten clues for this week?

I believe it's a mixed singles pack. I don't remember any of them, though..

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
DLC 2/16 "Hit Singles IV"

The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
Loverboy - Working For The Weekend
Sublime - Badfish
A Perfect Circle - The Outsider

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Chalupa Joe posted:

Whoa, that's a big deal I think.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not as big as Tool. Maynard's been pretty liberal with A Perfect Circle and Puscifer. Tool isn't even streaming as far as I can tell. Still, getting that song though I'd prefer Judith myself as cliche as that is. I'd love to see Passive even moreso.

Also with Weekend my songlist is that much closer to recreating GTA: Vice City's V-Rock from middle school.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Has anyone managed to use their rocksmith cable with AmpliTube? I can't get mine to work with the ASIO drivers that I have, can only use DirectSound which has immense delay.

Edit:

Fixed it at last.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 16, 2016

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Holy poo poo APC!!!!!!!! Couldn't be happier.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Chalupa Joe posted:

Loverboy - Working For The Weekend

I need to change my pants. I would have been super happy with just one, but both? At the same time?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Sublime!

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
Not the Loverboy song I would've liked (Turn Me Loose), but this one's more well known.

Still have to get that Sister Hazel track. Always thought they were underrated!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got a Vizio soundbar and bought the PS4 version, and once I set it up properly I think there's even less lag on the PS4 through optical than I had on the PS3 through RCA. Impressive

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I never realized how fun 38 special songs would be to play. First half the song is a relatively coomplicated chord progression and the last 2 minutes of the song is one long solo.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Hold on loosely is a ripper like that.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
My Chemical Romance II

Dead!
???
???
???
???

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
My Chemical Romance II – $11.99

* My Chemical Romance “Dead!”
* My Chemical Romance “Famous Last Words”
* My Chemical Romance “Helena” – Alt. Lead
* My Chemical Romance “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)” – Alt. Lead
* My Chemical Romance “Teenagers”

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-2232016-my-chemical-romance-ii/

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Chalupa Joe posted:

:awesome:
Woo! Happy to see this one.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Here's me playing the complete soundtrack of Les Miserables in what is probably the most ambitious custom ever made. Aludog is insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UvKb0TrzE

Sorry it's just bass.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Everyone that hasn't tried it yet, try the Alternate Lead for California Brain. Talk about a sleeper track, I have no idea why this isn't the normal lead.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I wish those alternate tracks were more clearly marked, there is no way to easily check if a song has one, you have to click the bonus arrangement option for every single song and path, really poorly designed.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Fina posted:

I wish those alternate tracks were more clearly marked, there is no way to easily check if a song has one, you have to click the bonus arrangement option for every single song and path, really poorly designed.

Agreed, it's annoying. I'd also like them to appear in nonstop play.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Fina posted:

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-setlist/rocksmith-2014-tunings/alternate-arrangements-in-rocksmith-2014/

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

spamman posted:

Everyone that hasn't tried it yet, try the Alternate Lead for California Brain. Talk about a sleeper track, I have no idea why this isn't the normal lead.

I might do that because I played the song once on lead and that was way more than enough.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
How do you do alternate tracks? Do you have to unlock it in some way?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
If you select a track that has one, below where you have the Reccomends section there's another subsection called "Bonus arrangements" or something, select that and it'll let you go to an alt-lead or alt-rhythm track. Haven't seen any for bass yet.

Oh, and if you select a track that doesn't have one, you can still go to "Bonus arrangements" but there's nothing there. Which is really kinda useless, but hey.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

How do the alternate arrangements work? Are they different versions of the song?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Same song but what you play is different. For example there's apparently an arrangement of the keyboard part for Knights of Cydonia for guitar.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dross posted:

How do the alternate arrangements work? Are they different versions of the song?

Its like how there's a lead and rhythm part, well for lots of bands it isn't a strict 50/50. If there's 3 guitarsits, then the "lead" ends up being the trebely melody and the "rhythm" ends up being the chuggy chords, so then you'd have an "alternate arrangement" which is like what one of the guitarists would really be playing, which would sometimes involve you playing the same thing you used to as "lead" but then during this bit where the lead plays this part instead you switch to chords or you play a background harmony or something else.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Or you have solo projects like Brendon Small where the tab book says "Gtr. 5"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Overdubs and multitracking are really common and can make a big difference to how the song sounds, and when you play along you want to hit all the fun bits. It wouldn't necessarily work as a live arrangement, but who cares!