Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Hey cash crab, tell your cousin that breaking and entering isn't cool, okay?

This little guy fell through the ceiling tiles in one of my buildings and set off the motion alarm in the hallway. My dispatcher pulled up the cameras and tells me "yeah, I've got a suspect inside wearing a mask and a fur coat." I managed to prop some doors open and shoo him outside, after giving him a stern talking-to.

If you break into garbage cans, that's fine, but keep it outside, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The Zombie Guy posted:

Hey cash crab, tell your cousin that breaking and entering isn't cool, okay?

This little guy fell through the ceiling tiles in one of my buildings and set off the motion alarm in the hallway. My dispatcher pulled up the cameras and tells me "yeah, I've got a suspect inside wearing a mask and a fur coat." I managed to prop some doors open and shoo him outside, after giving him a stern talking-to.

If you break into garbage cans, that's fine, but keep it outside, ok?

:mad: HE WAS TRYING TO DROP OFF A RESUME

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Raccoon Story:
I was out for a walk and saw two coons scamper around the corner of a building, I was turning that way too. I got around the corner and they were just sitting on the lawn really slowly humping and awkwardly slowed down when I got within about a meter of them, then started back up once I started walking away.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I didn't get a photo of it sadly but there was a raccoon on my deck this morning, sitting on my table and staring at my bunny. I like to think they are friends.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

cash crab posted:

Best sales rep in New England!

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
http://highlandvalley.tumblr.com/post/135016624364

I can't imbed the video, but I think these dudes are civets, which are related to raccoons.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Watrick posted:

I can't imbed the video, but I think these dudes are civets, which are related to raccoons.

I don't think those animals "get" drinking.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Watrick posted:

OK, I want one now.

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring-tailed_cat#Domestication

The ringtail is said to be easily tamed, and can make an affectionate pet and effective mouser. Miners and settlers once kept pet ringtails to keep their cabins free of vermin; hence, the common name of "miner's cat" (though in fact the ringtail is no more a cat than it is civet).[13] The ringtails would move into the miners' and settlers' encampments and become accepted by humans in much the same way that some early domestic cats were theorized to have done. At least one biologist in Oregon[who?] has joked that the ringtail is one of two species – the domestic cat and the ringtail – that thus "domesticated humans" due to that pattern of behavior.

Often a hole was cut in a small box and placed near a heat source (perhaps a stove) as a dark, warm place for the animal to sleep during the day, coming out after dark to rid the cabin of mice.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wheany posted:

I don't think those animals "get" drinking.

Seriously wtf kind of technique is that

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

I liked these stories very much, but this is my favourite thing I have seen all day.

PS:

THE ELDERS MEET, THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN SEALED

It is agreed, we get all the trash and the cats get all the cheeseburgers.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Aesop Poprock posted:

One for animals who need to keep an eye out at all times

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Semisponge posted:

One for animals who need to keep an eye out at all times

I'll tell you what it is: it's poo poo, and those animals should feel ashamed

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I suppose I can leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mj22Kl3ZZg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toronto valentines cards

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I'm pretty sure only dogs could hear the noise I just made.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

It almost looks like a technique for drinking from a water source with a lot of detritus on the surface.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Is that Raccoon Yoda

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

They don't even fit

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

They don't even fit

he has exactly as much shoe as he needs

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Should be tiny gloves on the front for his people hands

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

cash crab posted:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mouse Dresser posted:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jeez get a dumpster

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

quote:

Enjoying my salmon stick!😋❤🐟

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

gently caress now I want to feast on smoked salmon skins.

*riveting update*
I walked out to the nearest grocery store to get some bbq salmon tips or what ever they're called and saw a really fat raccoon waddle across the street and stopped traffic. I was worried about it since it was dark and raining but it got across safely. I feel it was an omen, a blessing for my journey.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Feb 15, 2016

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Baronjutter posted:

gently caress now I want to feast on smoked salmon skins.

*riveting update*
I walked out to the nearest grocery store to get some bbq salmon tips or what ever they're called and saw a really fat raccoon waddle across the street and stopped traffic. I was worried about it since it was dark and raining but it got across safely. I feel it was an omen, a blessing for my journey.

St. Treasure Cat

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Double post

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I'm of two minds about raccoons; I can appreciate how fuzzy and personable they are, but all my family's personal experiences with them have been neutral to traumatic. They are vectors for disease, and we've had to deal with one that we're quite sure was rabid. Be careful with wild ones you see out and about.

Personally I think the worst thing about them is the fact that urban ones live on garbage, meaning they leave shits like they've been eating garbage. The rankest, nastiest, wettest shits you've ever had to deal with. That alone is enough to encourage them to move on.

They do seem to make decent 'kind of pets but be wary' out of the kinds of wildlife we get here. Better than possums, for sure.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Thank for your essay on raccoons. Next time post your favorite raccoon.

Sorry for screen cap. This is Winston.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The 1950s Telegraph Hill raccoon man has been identified.

Also there was this in one of the linked posts:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Geomancing posted:

They do seem to make decent 'kind of pets but be wary' out of the kinds of wildlife we get here. Better than possums, for sure.

From what I've read, when raccoons hit adulthood they turn really obstreperous and destructive, whereas possums stay...possums.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

The hero that Canada deserves. :canada:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/04/raccoon-toronto-crane-poop/

Raccoon Climbs 700 foot tall Toronto crane, poops at the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Mouse Dresser posted:

The hero that Canada deserves. :canada:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/04/raccoon-toronto-crane-poop/

Raccoon Climbs 700 foot tall Toronto crane, poops at the top

I'd be pooped too if I had to climb that high.