Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

His loving avatar is Michelangelo's David with Dixie Carter's head photoshopped on.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TL posted:

His loving avatar is Michelangelo's David with Dixie Carter's head photoshopped on.

I always knew Dixie Carter had a tiny baby penis.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TL posted:

I cannot stop laughing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ramen

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I knew that delicious noodles was behind all of this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mods name change me to Vince Hates Ramen.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I agree with the frustrated virgin.

Not the first time this has been true in Rowdy Ringsports.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I agree with the frustrated virgin.

Not the first time this has been true in Rowdy Ringsports.

I told you that in confidence.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are we all supposed to write our heartfelt apologies to Dr. Maroon now? Or just ineptly post on Reddit about it?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
One more from Reddit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. Maroon chose the perfect username to stealth post on reddit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dario the Wop posted:

One more from Reddit

Oh man a miscarriage angle. That'd be so great I'm literally at a loss for words.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dario the Wop posted:

One more from Reddit

I love how it all builds to the big money match of Daniel Bryan vs. Mark loving Henry

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Memento posted:

Oh man a miscarriage angle. That'd be so great I'm literally at a loss for words.

Brie should just move past and heal.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rarity posted:

I love how it all builds to the big money match of Daniel Bryan vs. Mark loving Henry

You're right, it should be Snitsky.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
EDIT: dammit, wrong thread again

sorry

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 9, 2016

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The thing where every internet conspiracy gets blamed on Meltzer, even if he reported the exact opposite, is the best.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dario the Wop posted:

One more from Reddit

I feel like Russo would have written something like this but there aren't enough things on poles.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Bad booking is often harder on the booker than the booked.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel like Russo would have written something like this but there aren't enough things on poles.

Russo did write a miscarriage angle with Terri Runnels where it turned out she was lying about being pregnant, because of course he did

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
He also wrote a miscarriage angle for Stacy Keibler. She wasn't lying, but it was later ignored.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Didn't Stacy Keibler's pregnancy end with it being revealed her baby was a bunch of 8x10s of Shawn Stasiak or was that some other nightmarish unrelated angle

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Didn't Stacy Keibler's pregnancy end with it being revealed her baby was a bunch of 8x10s of Shawn Stasiak or was that some other nightmarish unrelated angle

Nah, it was just dropped without any explanation, she was off TV for a couple of months, and then returned under her real name as Stasiak's valet.

Which is probably better than the rumored plans of either Ric Flair or, way worse, Vince Russo being the father of the baby.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I had to google this to make sure I wasn't totally insane, here's one random recap that mentions it

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/2001032m.htm

If I had imagined a segment like that it would definitely have been time to off myself, so this is a relief

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Reminder that before they changed it, Stacy's gimmick was Miss Handcock.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
https://twitter.com/RIPWRESTLING/status/696843938519478273

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Russo did write a miscarriage angle with Terri Runnels where it turned out she was lying about being pregnant, because of course he did

This does not surprise me.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RIP Bryan, went upstairs to become a farm.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I love any mention of that pairing because it reminds me of Dave and Bryan debating for weeks if being paired with someone as lovely as Shawn Stasiak would ruin her career.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MassRafTer posted:

I love any mention of that pairing because it reminds me of Dave and Bryan debating for weeks if being paired with someone as lovely as Shawn Stasiak would ruin her career.

That is a pretty impressive thing to overcome. I like to think that Stasiak had a bunch of other managers and/or tag team partners who we've simply completely forgotten due to his overwhelming shittiness

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That is a pretty impressive thing to overcome. I like to think that Stasiak had a bunch of other managers and/or tag team partners who we've simply completely forgotten due to his overwhelming shittiness

He was just a piece of MEAT

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shawn Stasiak running into stuff and falling down owned though.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
nothing owned about Shawn Stasiak

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It made me so angry when Bam Bam Bigelow lost to Stasiak on the last Nitro. Bigelow was like 400 pounds and could barely move, he was back to the worst shape in his career and he was still 10x more interesting the Stasiak ever was.

On top of that, one of the stipulations was that if Stasiak lost, Bigelow was going to tattoo him. So he was never going to win the match anyway.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

sticklefifer posted:

Shawn Stasiak running into stuff and falling down owned though.

This did own though.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

syzpid posted:

On top of that, one of the stipulations was that if Stasiak lost, Bigelow was going to tattoo him. So he was never going to win the match anyway.

OSW Review gave that match so much rightful poo poo.

"If Bam Bam wins, he gets to tattoo Stasiak. If Stasiak wins, he gets to win."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Kyle Williamson • 34 minutes ago

I know ppl are down about ratings, ok that can be a hurt piece, but this is not time to crap on impact, for there consistent show they been airing on TV,
The one thing that drew me in the 90s was wrestling show where they tried different thing, not all was successful but he'll they gave it a go.
If I was TNA I would take the show to the ppl and not wait for the ppl to come to them, time to stand and take the fight to everyone not the WWE, Everyone, tell Dixie let's break some rules let's do stuff the company wish they thought of let not break the Internet, let's break professional wrestling.

My new favourite Rusev promo. BREAK THE INTERNET. BREAK WRESTLING! TNA CRUSH!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Counterpoint: The off the air segment of Raw with The Rock where Shawn proclaims he hates pie, but loves strudel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Lots of talk on Mecca about "rebranding" today. Nom talks about some of the difficulties of the same.

Yes, TNA was #1 on the hit list when NXT was created. They stole the X from the X Division. Oh, Nom :allears: