Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Batteries? The gently caress are those? Book him, Alfie!
To join people who are saying how they got this ID wrong, I thought it would be a single candle wouldn't last that long.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Special guest start Ernest Borgnine as Mary Worth in the second panel.

Rex Morgan MD

Through the crack in the door, a little girl watches, her face blank until slowly a creepy smile forms.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

That Web is a cad, I say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smets
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze has nothing to do with angels.

It also has nothing to do with proofreading.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Not a bug. Pay up!

Ia, Ia, Yog-Sothoth! :haw:

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuu

quote:

I read this exact same joke in the bad webcomics thread like a week ago.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

When you graduated, student loan debt was like $2000, you cock.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kavak posted:

Ia, Ia, Yog-Sothoth! :haw:

Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness it hurts

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Through the crack in the door, a little girl watches, her face blank until slowly a creepy smile forms.

Rex is hinting that he wants to suck on some titty! GO REX!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which Pete loses nerd cred.

gently caress you, Pete, you've got a complete set of Marvel Legends and you know it.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Usually when I add a ".jpg" to the end of the URL string for Imgur, it links directly to the comic - that isn't working anymore - anyone else?

Outbusts of Everett True

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Fritzi Ritz

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Total eye-strain-o-vision here, but "Chunkworthy," "Prune Peddler," and "Lady Remington" got me.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I was using some old newspapers to pack things up, and came across this Luann, which I didn't remember seeing here, so I thought I'd share it.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Slammy posted:

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

So, the main character is Gay and her friend is Smack. The cartoonist is a time traveler from the future just messing with us, right?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Darthemed posted:

I was using some old newspapers to pack things up, and came across this Luann, which I didn't remember seeing here, so I thought I'd share it.

What a profoundly ugly building.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

The tile roof makes me think "Mexican restaurant."

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Green Intern posted:

The art isn't great but I'm visualizing the building as intending to look like this:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Shoes

'
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Darthemed posted:

Didn't all the money come from TJ's insurance fraud anyway

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Mary did not expect to have to justify her terrible analogy.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

Dustin

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
:allears:
This is some Vaudeville level humor and I love it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I made a Bad Decision Comix.

Pooch Café

Poncho is definitely one of those people who leaves his facebook signed on in public and then claims to have been hacked.

Ballard Street

There's no way he's making it to the wall. It's at least five feet away.

Lost Side of Suburbia

I like the detail that the aylosium blade's curves have been mostly consistently drawn until now. It's writhing like a snake.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Wait.

Her mid-life crisis fantasy is circus clown?

What?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait.

Her mid-life crisis fantasy is circus clown?

What?

This is not me defending a Luann strip, but I think they are each imagining what the other might have chosen.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County is taking the week off. Berke's filling with The Great Bloom County Snake Massacre, if anyone's interested.

Peanuts (February 10, 1969)

Funky Winkerawcrapit'sthisshitagain

Triflin' rear end Cheatin' rear end Crankshaft

Hope he blows up the bowling alley.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 24-25, 1928)

Thimble Theater, in which a mutant sailor starts considering possibilities. (August 28, 1929)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are the characters in Funky Winkerbean complaining about a female character being popular and getting more merchandise?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

The MSJ posted:

Are the characters in Funky Winkerbean complaining about a female character being popular and getting more merchandise?

It really is an alternate universe, isn't it?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

https://youtu.be/RALtqFPyvQk

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The MSJ posted:

Possibly being bothered by the fact that sex sells and since Boobies McGee signed on there is an upswing in collectable action figures being designed.

So yes, the are doing what you said.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I worked as an artist for NECA. That's not how action figures are designed. They don't just give it to whoever to do some doodles. :argh:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerawcrapit'sthisshitagain

Are these the same two people in both panels? If so, then how old are they now and in what year did they create the original Starbuck comic?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (September 24-25, 1928)

Based on past strips, that dorg's getting put in a sack and drowned in the creek, isn't he? :smith:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Are these the same two people in both panels? If so, then how old are they now and in what year did they create the original Starbuck comic?
Nope, they're using their imaginations to project themselves into yesteryear.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

No, It's a fantasy where the comics-creating guys imagine what it must have been like to work on comics back in the Golden Age.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so other people made the original Starbucks Jones?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Alterian posted:

I worked as an artist for NECA. That's not how action figures are designed. They don't just give it to whoever to do some doodles. :argh:

So how many Aliens did you have to draw?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Anora posted:

So how many Aliens did you have to draw?

I worked only on WizKids stuff and making on like stores and turning games into video games. I sat next to people working on the action figures or similar type stuff. Nothing was ever hand drawn. Why bother? You can just work from photos or already created images directly from the source. Things would be scuplted in zbrush and sent off to a 3d printer and then off to China for the actual toy creation. A lot of neat things did pass through our office including the portal gun and some of the larger figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Captain Midnight: 1943

Little Norway isn't just the place where the norwegian mob hangs out in Canada, after the fall of Norway the government in exile says "We should keep training fighter pilots" and for whatever reason they picked somewhere in Canada to do it. Ironically, instead of being part of the Royal Norwegian Airforce, they ended up just serving with the RAF, which makes me ask why they sent them to Canada in the first place. But I don't know i'm not a military buff or a historian or any kind of geographic expert.

• Locked thread