Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hmm the US brought prosperity and freedom to BILLIONS of people around the world?

Maybe you're not so bad after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The US gave us Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan, so there's that at least.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

Hmm the US brought prosperity and freedom to BILLIONS of people around the world?

Maybe you're not so bad after all.

We actually keep a running tab on it!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Chomp8645 posted:

We actually keep a running tab on it!

Honestly there is nothing wrong with being proud of your success on that sort of scale.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

BigglesSWE posted:

The US gave us Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan, so there's that at least.

Both awful.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Scarf posted:

Both awful.

Objectively wrong statement.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Both awful.

Wtf

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
to be fair I didn't think anyone outside of America liked Bruce Springsteen. But also Scarf is American, and therefore incorrect about him.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I just had a friend share a clickbait site with a picture of a dog with half its face missing, allegedly due to maggots eating it away whilst the poor dog was still alive. :gonk:

Why would you shareeee that what makes you think anyone would want to see it

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Henchman of Santa posted:

to be fair I didn't think anyone outside of America liked Bruce Springsteen

Hell, for the longest time I didn't think anyone inside America liked Springsteen. Figured he was just somebody we had to tolerate.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have no strong feelings about Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan. Come at me.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

to be fair I didn't think anyone outside of America liked Bruce Springsteen. But also Scarf is American, and therefore incorrect about him.

Here's the thing about both of them... They wrote great songs, but holy poo poo do I hate to hear them perform them.

Other people perform their songs so much better than they do.

See also, Neil Young.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

Here's the thing about both of them... They wrote great songs, but holy poo poo do I hate to hear them perform them.

Other people perform their songs so much better than they do.

See also, Neil Young.

I'm regretting rooting for Clemson over Bama now

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This troper doesn't care for football (which this troper humorously calls "sportsball") or Bob Dylan (which this troper likes to call "songsman")

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Some people really have a bug up their asses about Beyonce:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I'm regretting rooting for Clemson over Bama now
Objective proof:

When I Paint my Masterpiece (Dylan singing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQ69w8NmxI
When I Paint my Masterpiece (Levon Helm singing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq2e7DPhyHg

Atlantic City (Springsteen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-LIEr43_wk
Atlantic City (The Band): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eZwpHtcK4

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If you're thinking about listening to Bruce Springsteen, you should probably listen to early Tom Waits instead. He has the whole washed-up drunken regret thing locked, and does a lot of fun, inventive stuff besides. I suppose Tom Waits' butt on an album cover probably wouldn't sell as many records, though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

budgieinspector posted:

Some people really have a bug up their asses about Beyonce:

Did they want Beyonce to also sing the anthem? I'm so confused

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

If you're thinking about listening to Bruce Springsteen, you should probably listen to early Tom Waits instead. He has the whole washed-up drunken regret thing locked, and does a lot of fun, inventive stuff besides. I suppose Tom Waits' butt on an album cover probably wouldn't sell as many records, though.

People who don't like Springsteen's voice are going to loving loath Waits'

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
How can anyone hate Springsball, with all the good he's done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NinSGaFDXM

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I'd actually argue that Bruce has his most devoted fanbase in Europe nowadays. Though I saw him play in Newark a week ago and the Jersey crowd was on fire. But that's his homestate...

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Who What Now posted:

I have no strong feelings about Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan. Come at me.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Your rape-baby might grow up to be in the Military, so stop being so loving selfish.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

BobbyK posted:

This troper doesn't care for football (which this troper humorously calls "sportsball") or Bob Dylan (which this troper likes to call "songsman")

The Great Spectacle Theory - Basics

"The great director" (a woman might call him God, Karma, man) sets up some plot twists, woman needs to deal with those twists as the plot progresses. If she is succesful, during the final, she receives prize for hardship of her existance (wedding, sex, child, a romantic dinner).

A woman looks for problems that would enrich her play and put her in a spotlight. Also she can't be an antagonist of her own show. An antagonist never wins in fairy tails. A hint that she is a bad person, is the worst twist of them all.

In this concept, the purpouse of a man is to become a great director, who holds strict control over woman's feelings. When he wants, she smiles, when he wants, she cries. He is doing it for her well being, because a woman who feels nothing, might as well be dead.

Lessons?

You can describe male - female dynamics by putting them in mould of the stage play.

From woman's perspective there is no Alpha/Beta/Gamma[...] Men, there are those who give tingles, and those who don't.

Every woman is a drama queen who needs plot twist (an adrenaline spike) to feel alive.

Breaking laws, mocking rituals, redefining symbols, can give woman tingles.

Cloud woman's logic with feelings, aquire sex (I bet that's why some communities hate on PUA)

TRP is a buffet, take what you like and leave the rest

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:v:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SpliffClavin posted:

Your rape-baby might grow up to be in the Military, so stop being so loving selfish.

It's cute when men think they have an equal voice when it comes to pregnancy and babies conceived through rape. Especially when he doesn't even exist when it happens.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

But that's a woman posting that?

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Kay Kessler posted:

Yes, a born-again Christian from my previous job.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The baby would not have existed during the rape, only post-rape, so the baby is not a victim

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kay Kessler posted:

It looks like the initial macro was not created by the Facebook lady and was about the man in the photograph.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Did they want Beyonce to also sing the anthem? I'm so confused

Well, we all know what happened when she sang it at the inauguration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI1kq6CA_38

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Fried Watermelon posted:

The baby would not have existed during the rape, only post-rape, so the baby is not a victim

The lifetime of the mother being reminded of the fact that she was raped every time she sees him is why she was a distant mother so while he wasn't there for the rape it was a constant factor in his formative years.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if he ever found an outlet for the anger he must have stored up.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Birb Katter posted:

The lifetime of the mother being reminded of the fact that she was raped every time she sees him is why she was a distant mother so while he wasn't there for the rape it was a constant factor in his formative years.

Adoption into a loving family really is the best case here

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Pregnancy Life is temporary. Death is permanent.

What a standup guy, willing to ruin someone else's life for his own.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Rape is cool when it results in a free baby and not like, debilitating illness or death.

By the way in like 12 states, convicted rapists can sue for parental rights of the products of their rapes. You could have to see your aggressor every other weekend for 18 years. Just another reason to be anti-choice.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Eponine posted:

Rape is cool when it results in a free baby and not like, debilitating illness or death.

By the way in like 12 states, convicted rapists can sue for parental rights of the products of their rapes. You could have to see your aggressor every other weekend for 18 years. Just another reason to be anti-choice.

if you are a little boy that was raped by a woman, you might have to pay child support!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
You don't kill one victim to make another feel better - a macro in post 9/11 murica

Random Words
Jan 21, 2015
I'm just sharing the picture in this case because I've seen it posted five times on my Facebook and really, do you want to see the comments on this?

Also take a moment to appreciate the way it's cut off on either side. That just adds to it, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Bruce Springsteen you say.

Unrelated idiocy:

I love checking my other messages and reading about how I'm a latte-drinking woolen sweater wearing lefty in a café or the University, then him threating me with violence.