Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gearhead posted:

The symbol that looks like three arrows curled around a dot at the bottom of your inventory window is your Transmute window. This allows you to combine things outside of normal crafts. This is where you create gemstones out of gem fragments that aren't diamonds, where you create outfits from cloth and where you turn various salvaged dusts into gems to feed to your weapons and accessories past a certain point.

The element/gem conversions cost soulstones and aren't worth it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Unguided posted:

The element/gem conversions cost soulstones and aren't worth it right now.

It costs a lot of money to feed blue weapons to siren level weapons and ends up being more than if you just crafted the elements and bought the soulstones. Purple weapons give a tiny bit more but costs 2 soulstones per feed and is not worth it. Crafting an element package only takes 30 powders, you get 5 powders for each purple weapon you salvage, along with 15 soulstones and 1.5 gold. Not to mention when I was crafting the element package, I got 4 elder dragon elements from a single element pack along with 3 regular elements. The elder elements sells for around 4g each. I assume they give massive amounts of exp but I already managed to max out my weapon before I needed it.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Velveteen posted:

It costs a lot of money to feed blue weapons to siren level weapons and ends up being more than if you just crafted the elements and bought the soulstones. Purple weapons give a tiny bit more but costs 2 soulstones per feed and is not worth it. Crafting an element package only takes 30 powders, you get 5 powders for each purple weapon you salvage, along with 15 soulstones and 1.5 gold. Not to mention when I was crafting the element package, I got 4 elder dragon elements from a single element pack along with 3 regular elements. The elder elements sells for around 4g each. I assume they give massive amounts of exp but I already managed to max out my weapon before I needed it.

From what i saw elder dragon elements give less then the ones you transmute, but can be sold.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I guess it's good pvp scales the weapons up because it sounds like I'm going to spend my whole life wretched and poor

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am beginning to wonder if Dura's outfit is even a possible drop.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

chumbler posted:

At least it doesn't cost $1000 to get.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

chumbler posted:

You're in 'luck'. several of the droppable outfits get a pass in the cash shop, and I think bandit queen is one of em

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Man, I have a hard time justifying a purchase of a tenth that for something I know I'm getting years of work out of or need to spend money on lest I not be able to get into work/continue breathing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Karistar posted:

That coat is making more money than Wildstar at this point.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Karistar posted:

Jesus christ.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

chumbler posted:

Jesus christ.

I've told people that the reason we don't have gold bullshit weapons in NA F2P games that get anywhere is that people will pay out the NOSE for pretty costumes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Karistar posted:

I bought the 11-box pack and didn't get it, which sucked since I really wanted the costume...

..now I don't feel so bad anymore.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

chumbler posted:

I got it!

On my Summoner. :v:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Are you guys ready to FIGHT THIS DUDE AND STEAL HIS HAT FOR YOUR OWN USE TOMMOROW?

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Though there hasn't been any official news on the Pirate Soul being available for NA anytime soon yet, is it a good time to start thinking of raising another Hongmoon weapon to break it for the Pirate Soul, or will there be other Souls that are better?

Crit is always good to me, but if Pirate Souls will only be limited to those that had a Siren/Pirate weapon at the time when the evolution path change happens, I want to know if it's worth grinding all that gold up for it.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Is the NA Mushin Blue clan still Good Jobbu?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Karistar posted:

Though there hasn't been any official news on the Pirate Soul being available for NA anytime soon yet, is it a good time to start thinking of raising another Hongmoon weapon to break it for the Pirate Soul, or will there be other Souls that are better?

Crit is always good to me, but if Pirate Souls will only be limited to those that had a Siren/Pirate weapon at the time when the evolution path change happens, I want to know if it's worth grinding all that gold up for it.

I've heard that we may not be getting Pirate Soul since Taiwan and Japan did not have it and most of our changes seem to be based off of their version, compared to Korea and China. Another hint toward this is the fact that our Mushins Tower SS is not a crit set much like TW/JP, whereas KR/CN's is.

I think it's just best to hold off until the 50 patch rolls around and see what they say.

Ataxerxes posted:

Is the NA Mushin Blue clan still Good Jobbu?

Yes, tends to be full a lot of the time though unless Quiz has recently purged inactives.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

HapiMerchant posted:

Are you guys ready to FIGHT THIS DUDE AND STEAL HIS HAT FOR YOUR OWN USE TOMMOROW?

Hot drat, yes. Time to get back on the level grind!

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
How is the clan on Jiwan? I've been 45 for a while just too lazy to get a invite.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

Holy poo poo I may have to make a BM Now

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

teknologik posted:

How is the clan on Jiwan? I've been 45 for a while just too lazy to get a invite.

It's a bit quiet, but we've got a lot of people heading towards 45. Currently there's only 4 of us 45s, and we aren't always on at the same times. Hopefully we'll get a good grip soon and we can start doing poo poo together.

EDIT: Also I totally thought the new stuff was today, probably because I'm so used to new game things launching on Tuesdays.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 9, 2016

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I only just now got sufficiently geared to do Poh 6-man :negative:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

HapiMerchant posted:

getting a raiden hat has been my goal this entire time, I don't know if I'll keep playing if I get it

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's been awhile since I've done a f2p mmo, plus my last MMO was FFXIV, which didn't even allow you to talk about dps parsing in game. It's hilarious if you go into that thread and the goons are convinced that you should be allowed to call out people for low dps because they haven't seen the kind of poo poo people will do if they're allowed to.

Ehhhhhh. I mean my bare minimum for class competence is "Can we complete it without the repair bill getting out of hand", but I've definitely removed people who were complete dead weight when we were missing enrage timers etc. Usually it's glaringly obvious who the problem is because bad players tend to die early, but in a few games I've run into players who were mechanically sound (i.e. didn't stand in red/fire) that were completely unwilling to learn a rotation/proper spec and they were causing us to just wipe over and over again.

I don't like, inspect gear or anything like that, but if a boss requires say 7k sustained dps to beat his enrage timer, and myself and another dps dude are each bringing 2.5 and your bringing one, yeah your probably going to be asked to sit. Not because I'm being a dick, but just because you aren't where you really need to be for the content.

Unguided posted:

That coat is making more money than Wildstar at this point.

That projected earnings report sucked the wind right out of Wildstars sails. Literally the next day there was a noticeable decrease in people doing things. Prior to that it wasn't unusual for there to be 2-3 world boss groups chaining world bosses spinning at any time. I logged in last night and only saw one during primetime.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 9, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Notes are up for tomorrow's patch.

Most notably:

Awakened Siren and higher weapons now have a chance to restore 100% Focus, up from 70%.
Awakened Siren and higher weapons now increase skill damage.

:eyepop:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

cathead posted:

Most notably:

Awakened Siren and higher weapons now have a chance to restore 100% Focus, up from 70%.

What sort of gear is required for the 4 man to get HM skills? How much lovely grinding am I going to have to do?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Boy, I sure hope Lightning Draw (4) Tier 5 is real good.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

It's nice how it took me less than 2 hours to get exactly the look I wanted for my character. Starting clothes fit the ronin look just fine, and the first sword I found was a katana that I used to transmog my hongmoon sword. My wandering samurai look is more or less complete

It's weird playing an MMORPG that doesn't immediately make me want to die. The only thing that's bugging me is how flamboyant every piece of gear is, but I guess that's just the aesthetic

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

cathead posted:

Most notably:

:gizz::gizz:
This is going to make my fire KFM so goddamn hilarious. Just a 2 minute long custom combo at this point :getin:

also:

quote:

User Interface

The Martial Tome UI has been overhauled and now includes additional filtering and sorting options.

THANK GOD! I love this game's combat to bits, but the Skill trees could show how they work a bit more transparently. Let us hope.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Zest posted:

THANK GOD! I love this game's combat to bits, but the Skill trees could show how they work a bit more transparently. Let us hope.

It's going to function more like bnstree.com does now where you have "tags" for the different effects on your skills (like stun, daze, defense penetration, etc.) that you can search/sort by. It's pretty neat.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I tried PvP and holy poo poo I am so bad. I'm that guy that everyone hopes to get matched up against because things like pressing buttons and combos I thought I had perfectly memorized go out the window when there's a real person across from you.

In my two matches I don't think I got my opponent below 60% health. If I'm ever going to get good at this I'm going to be dying a lot first. But I will say this: It was interesting enough even in losing where I think I'll keep trying. My 2nd match was against another assassin and I got to see some cool combos used on me.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
It's pretty challenging. I've been seriously discouraged from engaging in PvP because, even though I'm decent enough at PvE I feel like I spend about half of my time losing track of where I have my hand placed and wrestling with my controls as a result even there. My few attempts at fighting other players have... not gone well.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Looking to start up this MMO with a buddy. If we are NY what server would be best to join with openings in the goon guild?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

I tried PvP and holy poo poo I am so bad. I'm that guy that everyone hopes to get matched up against because things like pressing buttons and combos I thought I had perfectly memorized go out the window when there's a real person across from you.

In my two matches I don't think I got my opponent below 60% health. If I'm ever going to get good at this I'm going to be dying a lot first. But I will say this: It was interesting enough even in losing where I think I'll keep trying. My 2nd match was against another assassin and I got to see some cool combos used on me.

Haven't PvPed in this game but generally making "plans" is typically a bad idea in fighting games and stuff. Practice combos and stuff for sure, but generally it's better to go into a match with a completely clear mind so that you can react faster and so on. Combos and the like should come out of muscle memory. In the words of the great warrior poet Mike Tyson, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Herux posted:

Looking to start up this MMO with a buddy. If we are NY what server would be best to join with openings in the goon guild?
I believe all US servers are in the same Texan data center, so check the servers with goon guilds in the OP and go with whatever.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
From what I've heard, once the level 50 patch hits, we will be unable to upgrade to siren anymore and it upgrades to a new weapon line at the new area but those with siren can continue to upgrade to pirate and skip ahead directly to level 50 making it much cheaper than jumping through a hundred more upgrades. I've also heard there might not be pirate souls to break down your weapon into. So those thinking of sitting out the siren line and upgrading accessories instead should consider upgrading past profane! Patch probably won't be here for months though.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Velveteen posted:

From what I've heard, once the level 50 patch hits, we will be unable to upgrade to siren anymore and it upgrades to a new weapon line at the new area but those with siren can continue to upgrade to pirate and skip ahead directly to level 50 making it much cheaper than jumping through a hundred more upgrades. I've also heard there might not be pirate souls to break down your weapon into. So those thinking of sitting out the siren line and upgrading accessories instead should consider upgrading past profane! Patch probably won't be here for months though.

I would take this with a large grain of salt, it is very likely that they change progression in our version, since we will be getting 50 patch soon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Given that there is a male version of the black minidress with angel wings, I hope for equality's sake that they add a male counterpart for the dress shirt costumes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Should I try this game even when I have no plans to PvP and if yes can someone quickly summarize the PvE for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I am going to try and form a group for regularly clearing the 4man dungeons with goons on the EU server, since the dungeon finder is a giant dice roll. Hit me up ingame or on slack if you would be interested to join!

• Locked thread