Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I can recall someone flipping town then flipping scum later but never the other way around.

Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I could see it as a way to get a cop murdered for getting a scum result.

I'd make the scum have to use it as a night action though so they'd have to predict when they will get lynched. Passively would seem as too big a screw you to the cop for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Plainsville had Death Millers and Reverse Death Millers, either of whom could be revealed properly post-flip by the miller cops.

Amoeba where is my Plainsville 3?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
New Role: The one true miller

Upon lynch the player absconds from the game with no flip, votes reset and the game continues as if the player never actually existed, any actions targetting them fail as they are just a figment of our imagination

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We haven't had a CYOR in a while.

Someone should do that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Someone should do that.

I've got just the plan

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Someone should do that.

CYOR Something Awful Dot Com Forums Mafia

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
5 different battlenet accounts and I'm still not in overwatch beta.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Asiina posted:

The answer to this must be yes, but I can't recall am example.

*Adds to list of unusual roles to play with... eventually.*

Scum Framer (?) - During the night, you may target a player. If / when that player flips, they will be revealed as the opposite alignment. Effect wears off after one game day. May only use once per game.*

MOD NOTE: Probably should only use only in an open set-up.

Alternatively:

Scum Framer - During the night, you may alter your death flip as desired. If you die the following game day, your custom flip will be revealed to the town. Effect wears off after one game day. May only be used once.

Asiina posted:

Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I could see it as a way to get a cop murdered for getting a scum result.

I'd make the scum have to use it as a night action though so they'd have to predict when they will get lynched. Passively would seem as too big a screw you to the cop for no reason.

Yeah. I like this. I think this kind of role has a lot of potential. I can't imagine making it passive though.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 9, 2016

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Plainsville had Death Millers and Reverse Death Millers, either of whom could be revealed properly post-flip by the miller cops.

Amoeba where is my Plainsville 3?

It's coming out after Half-Life 3.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

*Adds to list of unusual roles to play with... eventually.*

Scum Framer (?) - During the night, you may target a player. If / when that player flips, they will be revealed as the opposite alignment. Effect wears off after one game day. May only use once per game.*

MOD NOTE: Probably should only use only in an open set-up.

Alternatively:

Scum Framer - During the night, you may alter your death flip as desired. If you die the following game day, your custom flip will be revealed to the town. Effect wears off after one game day. May only be used once.

Yeah. I like this. I think this kind of role has a lot of potential. I can't imagine making it passive though.

Framer is already a role that exists. It's when scum make someone investigate as scum. It's kind of a hail mary ability since you have to predict the cop. I gave it to a scum team once when they all had PRs and could either use their own power or do the NK, and I figured that most of the time the framer would do the NK since it was a situational role at best. Instead they had their rolecop do the NK and tried to frame every night.

I prefer it as a role to messing with the NK. Any public information given by the mod should never be questioned. I feel like once that happens the system falls apart.

Private information being messed with I'm still pretty uncomfortable with, but there are a few common enough conventions (miller, godfather, ninja, etc) that I'm okay with some of them.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

5 different battlenet accounts and I'm still not in overwatch beta.

i just got my invite

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JakeP posted:

i just got my invite

Dear Lord

I'm even on a friends and family list

: /

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

JakeP posted:

New Role: The one true miller

Upon lynch the player absconds from the game with no flip, votes reset and the game continues as if the player never actually existed, any actions targetting them fail as they are just a figment of our imagination
Wasn't Taste that in a game once?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Indeed, but it was predicated on a no lynch because I am a cliche

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What game was that, again?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maybe this one

http://votefinder.org/game/my-marvellous-mr

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it was that one.

That was a good game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm kicking around a setup for some point down the road where town needs some extra firepower, but a couple of the usual roles aren't going to be very helpful because of some of the extant elements. I don't want to talk to much about those since I still want to run the game as a closed setup in the future.

What do people think are some roles that are outside of the basic stuff but are still pretty low-bullshit?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like rolecop and flavourcop. I had a mysterycop once in a flavour heavy game where they got a cryptic message about role, flavour, or alignment, but I had to make sure the player who got that knew the flavour really well (<3 u KB).

You can always have multiple trackers, so it's good to double up sometimes.

Bodyguard is good and can be used alongside a regular doctor.

Also don't forget a JOAT where if you want to give something really useful like a roleblocker or redirector, but don't want it to be relevant the whole game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hypercharger is usually a pretty soft role to add in.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Odd/even split on regular roles helps too

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
What do people think is the number of games one Kashuno can run at a time before he gets exhausted?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Three, then he starts putting in the wrong flips from other games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like how Kash went from ohno too much mafia I need to take a break to running two games at once.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

What do people think is the number of games one Kashuno can run at a time before he gets exhausted?

This is my max right now. In just over 2 weeks I'm leaving and won't be around to play or host.

When I come back I will be hosting a large game and playing none

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I have sold my soul for ow access

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I like how Kash went from ohno too much mafia I need to take a break to running two games at once.

Running games is so much less effort for me than playing. Also CYOR requires almost no setup so it's basically just posting it and letting you guys destroy it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Flavor cops are great because they can be either powerful or weak depending on how you tweak the setup. For example, in my Scooby Doo game, I had a real cop, a flavor cop and a naive cop in the game. The real cop is the #1 cop, the flavor cop could only confirm 5 players (the Mystery Inc team) and the naive cop was nothing but a decoy although there was a chance he could have found a framed townie if the scum team had used the 1xFrame ability I game them. And all you really need to do to make a flavor cop have some effect is just create 3-4 meaningless 'factions' in the game for them to investigate.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Whoever owns votefinder should update it to use https so that the images show up when using https on the forums

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if the guy that owns it even goes on the forums anymore I haven't seen him in a while :(

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's a cursed diamond. Highly valuable, but once you acquire it you come to an untimely end.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM is still posting in other threads, just not here.

It's okay, we didn't need him anyway!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my favorite is vampire where you bite some dude and they have to talk in spoilers

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

my favorite is vampire where you bite some dude and they have to talk in spoilers

That was a really good role.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How does that even work?

Keane is scum because Snape kills Dumbledore. I'm the cop and got a town result on Ecco, and a Ghost result on Bruce Willis.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is anyone around to answer a quick rules question? I just randomly PMed Asiina but if someone is actually here to answer that would be cool too!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

that was a great game lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Is anyone around to answer a quick rules question? I just randomly PMed Asiina but if someone is actually here to answer that would be cool too!

hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

that was a great game lol

It got abandoned and I had to stop it, which was a shame. It was a lot of fun.