Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

Which website? Ticket master has maps now so you can pick exact seats really easy.

MLB. They don't use ticketmaster. Ticketmaster must be the only direct ticket vendor that has something like that. The venues I go to are usually ticketed by AXS and their site is dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
RE: Brake Flashing

On motorcycles, you are taught to flash the brakes because the human eye is drawn to a flashing light more quickly than a solid one

Replace "brake" with "break" as you see fit

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Thin Privilege posted:

I don't mean tapping it with the speed like the blinkers on your car, I mean pressing the brake pedal for like 10 sec then releasing it for a second then pressing it again and braking normally. There's a ton of snow and rain and lovely roads here, also my car is lovely and my old car was too, so it's necessary unless I want my brakes to lock up. So it becomes a habit so I do it even if it's nice out.

Yeah, I was talking about the former. That's why I said it looked like he had his hazards on but they looked like they were having a stroke. This is also California and it was not an old lovely car. Hell I drive an old car with no ABS and I manage to brake like a normal person.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Youtube playlists in which the creators of said playlists are lazy and don't put everything in the right chronological order. Instead of A to Z, it's Z to A.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I really love that my keyboard at work has no lights or other visual cues to indicate whether the caps lock is on or not. Makes every password entry into a wacky adventure.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

docbeard posted:

I really love that my keyboard at work has no lights or other visual cues to indicate whether the caps lock is on or not. Makes every password entry into a wacky adventure.

It's incredible how annoying this really is. sTAY STRONG MY FRIEND.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
A few weeks ago I was trying to explain a new piece of software to a co-worker. She turned the caps lock key on by accident (it put an icon on her screen) when typing her password. Rather than turn the caps lock key off before retyping her password, she simply held the shift key the entire time. Given how quickly she adjusted, I suspect this must be a common occurrence for her.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Use SharpKeys or similar to disable caps lock or remap it to function as another ctrl or shift key. After all, how many times in your life have you pressed caps lock intentionally? Probably zero.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my coworker who sits right next to me likes to suck on his water bottle like a nipple and it makes an annoying popping sound when he removes it from his mouth. and he will repeat this motion several times as he takes a few swigs. so every hour or couple of hours I'll hear

fwop...
fwop...
fwop...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Use SharpKeys or similar to disable caps lock or remap it to function as another ctrl or shift key. After all, how many times in your life have you pressed caps lock intentionally? Probably zero.

I DO IT ALL THE TIME ACTUALLY

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh! Eat poo poo adblock for youtube?! Yes, eat all of the poo poo. I thought I had some goddamn malware or virus or some poo poo injecting loving lnk.rus redirects into various urls and things I clicked, but no. It's gently caress you, you garbage rear end extension. The gently caress is this poo poo? Who the gently caress asked you to do that? Eat rear end, all of an rear end, cram all that rear end into your chuckhole. You know how many scans and poo poo I had to sit through to clean out my laptop?? I even reinstalled loving chrome.

gently caress.

So hey by the way if you see your url bar briefly turn into lnkr.us, it's not tumblr's new redirect prgram or a malware thing. It's an extension.

I don't know if there's a good/similar replacement for adblock for youtube, sorry.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Wedemeyer posted:

I don't know if there's a good/similar replacement for adblock for youtube, sorry.
uBlock Origin

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Restaurants/etc with only one toilet in the mens washrooms. I suffer from not-quite-IBS at random times, and that mean that if Bad Things start to go down, I'm gonna have to sit there for a while, which means I'm hogging the toilet for anyone else.

I'm particularly cognizant of it, because I've regularly been the dude waiting for someone to get done, and it's unpleasant as hell.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Restaurants/etc with only one toilet in the mens washrooms. I suffer from not-quite-IBS at random times, and that mean that if Bad Things start to go down, I'm gonna have to sit there for a while, which means I'm hogging the toilet for anyone else.

I'm particularly cognizant of it, because I've regularly been the dude waiting for someone to get done, and it's unpleasant as hell.

Sup, fellow dude with GI problems. I have been through both sides of this too many times.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I do a lot of CAD drafting so I use caps lock more often than not actually.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

poo poo in the urinal as a means of protest. Alternatively ignore the shame and talk to a member of staff about your predicament and beg to be allowed to poo poo elsewhere, like if they don't want to let you into the women's restroom maybe there's a staff toilet you could use.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I do a lot of CAD drafting so I use caps lock more often than not actually.

It's often much harder on the keyboard than on the drafter.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
gently caress certain kinds of gendered bathrooms in general. At work, it's like, I think we can all deal with using the same toilet. Don't get fussy when I come out of the one-holer arbitrarily marked as male. There's not even a urinal in there.

At bars and pubs, I really feel like it should be a free for all. I don't care if it means people potentially are boning in stalls. Nothing worse than waiting for drunk ladies to fuss around in there, although I appreciate the efficiency of 2-3 girl friends going in the stall together. Most guys are just having a piss, so make a smaller urinal only room and open up the stalls for all.

I was once dragged to a concert in a big arena and during intermission they had a uniformed old broad stationed in there to yell at us and knock on doors if we took to long. I loved it. When I retire that's what I want to do because seriously, what are most of you doing in there? Shits and pads and tampons, unless something is going haywire, shouldn't add that much to your time. I pooped once and changed my deal record time three minutes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

Oh! Eat poo poo adblock for youtube?! Yes, eat all of the poo poo. I thought I had some goddamn malware or virus or some poo poo injecting loving lnk.rus redirects into various urls and things I clicked, but no. It's gently caress you, you garbage rear end extension. The gently caress is this poo poo? Who the gently caress asked you to do that? Eat rear end, all of an rear end, cram all that rear end into your chuckhole. You know how many scans and poo poo I had to sit through to clean out my laptop?? I even reinstalled loving chrome.

gently caress.

So hey by the way if you see your url bar briefly turn into lnkr.us, it's not tumblr's new redirect prgram or a malware thing. It's an extension.

I've never had problems with adblock plus

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Digirat posted:

IIRC it got bought out by someone willing to let advertisers pay to not get blocked. So the original dev made uBlock and then that got bought out or compromised or something so he made uBlock Origin. From what I've heard, anyway.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

AlphaKretin posted:

IIRC it got bought out by someone willing to let advertisers pay to not get blocked. So the original dev made uBlock and then that got bought out or compromised or something so he made uBlock Origin. From what I've heard, anyway.

That's pretty awesome for that guy, TBH.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Yknow what I don't like? How the front third of any Walmart smells like Subway. I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but around here, they put a Subway right there in front of the check stands. From day one, even the "nice" (i.e. new and clean) Walmart has the overpoweringly artificial stench of hyper-concentrated hydroxyfreshbreadoline or whatever godawful chemical cocktail they pump into the HVAC to make it smell like that. Can't stand that poo poo.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
One of the Walmarts in town (God help us, there are three) actually put the Subway at the back.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Video game sequels that are called the same thing as the first game of the series, eg. Mortal Kombat, Sim City, Doom, Tomb Raider, etc.

walrusman posted:

Yknow what I don't like? How the front third of any Walmart smells like Subway. I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but around here, they put a Subway right there in front of the check stands. From day one, even the "nice" (i.e. new and clean) Walmart has the overpoweringly artificial stench of hyper-concentrated hydroxyfreshbreadoline or whatever godawful chemical cocktail they pump into the HVAC to make it smell like that. Can't stand that poo poo.
What is that Subway smell anyway? I'm not a fan of Subway anyway, but that smell is really unappetising to me.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It's supposed to be the smell of fresh bread baking, but they isolated most of the component chemicals of actual bread in the lab and now they probably synthesize it by the tankerful and pump it into the air ducts. I am now reading an article in which their chief of bread operations or whatever swears they don't pipe it in, but it's just too consistent and fake-smelling to be genuine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Why is Windows still such a goddamn pain in the arse about updates? Every program wants to interrupt me to install updates and half of them still want me to restart my computer when they're done. And half of them don't even have self-updaters, you have to go to a website and download an install file. How is any of this still a thing?

I run Linux Mint on my main computer. All updates handled by one central update program. Nothing gets interrupted, you don't even have to close the program that's being updated. Never need to restart. What the gently caress is wrong with Windows?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's different where I live but man I love the smell.

Definitely fake af though.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
People with bad morning breath who don't brush their teeth and then get on the bus yawning all over the place so I have to hold my breath just to avoid smelling rotten coffee and bile and literal garbage smell.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

walrusman posted:

It's supposed to be the smell of fresh bread baking, but they isolated most of the component chemicals of actual bread in the lab and now they probably synthesize it by the tankerful and pump it into the air ducts. I am now reading an article in which their chief of bread operations or whatever swears they don't pipe it in, but it's just too consistent and fake-smelling to be genuine.

They definitely don't pipe it in, but don't assume that the bread smelling like that is an accident. The joint is supposed to scream "we bake fresh bread all day every fuckin' day!" to the customers, and smelling like freshly-baked bread is just a part of that. Ever wonder why the ovens and proofers are up front, right behind the counter, rather than off in the back somewhere? It's so the customer can see and smell fresh bread. It's a big part of the image they're going for.

Digirat posted:

I dropped it last year when I noticed ads start seeping in and YouTube started playing ads mid-video.

So far, uBlock hasn't pulled any shenanigans, but I won't be surprised when the same thing happens soon and I have to switch to uBlock Origin. Which I will have to delete in a few months when it gets bought out or stolen, and install the next thing.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I used to work in a building connected to a Subway and the smell leaked through constantly.

I ended up smelling like Subway and could no longer notice it.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

AlphaKretin posted:

There's a checkbox in the filter settings to turn "acceptable ads" off.

Tiggum posted:

Why is Windows still such a goddamn pain in the arse about updates?
I installed a printer today on Windows 10. You still can't re-size the window when selecting a driver so you only see 4 or 5 of them, have fun scrolling. If your driver isn't there, the online Update takes about 15 minutes to load every loving driver it knows. There is no search or select function.
Seriously, just let me type in something like "HP 1320" at least and only show and download drivers containing that. That's not hard.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

They definitely don't pipe it in, but don't assume that the bread smelling like that is an accident. The joint is supposed to scream "we bake fresh bread all day every fuckin' day!" to the customers, and smelling like freshly-baked bread is just a part of that. Ever wonder why the ovens and proofers are up front, right behind the counter, rather than off in the back somewhere? It's so the customer can see and smell fresh bread. It's a big part of the image they're going for.
Subways do not smell like bread though. Bakeries smell fantastic. Even the bread section of a supermarket smells better than a Subway. Subway smells weird.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I live in a small town of 15,000 people. We have SEVEN subways. Madness.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Subway smells like someone barfed on a heater and I refuse to ever eat their food as a result

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

kittenmittons posted:

I live in a small town of 15,000 people. We have SEVEN subways. Madness.

Doesn't Subway have insanely low requirements for their franchisees compared to other chains?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

It's been a long time since I've eaten a subway, like 4-5 years, but I remember their bread being insanely sweet??? Like cake bread???

And yeah the smell is loving awful but somehow it makes me hungry even though I can't eat subway, I don't want to eat subway, what the gently caress brain, stop that

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Whiz Palace posted:

Doesn't Subway have insanely low requirements for their franchisees compared to other chains?

Steps to owning your own Subway franchise:

• have money

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Whiz Palace posted:

They do. It's really dumb, and you end up with like four subways on the same street.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

walrusman posted:

I live near a couple bakeries and can tell anyone for a fact that Subway's "bread smell" is NOT fresh bread smell. Maybe they accidentally isolated the compounds for yeasty, stale bread not fit for croutons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

People who mess up public restrooms are disgusting pieces of human trash. I just went into a single toilet restroom and there was piss splattered all over the seat and a stray pube. :barf: Ladies restroom too. I don't know how you manage such a feat. How hard is it to sit down, do your business, wipe, flush, and leave?!