Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Please do not make fun of Pat, he's able to kill a yak from 200 yards away with mind bullets.

Pat Stares at Goats, the hit-comedy of the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

I guess.

Edit: Sorry if I'm cranky, but yeah, yesterday got a few thousand dollars stolen from my account, which is why I couldn't be on the podcast yesterday as I had to go to bank to sort it all out, not that anyone probably missed me.

Jesus, that sucks, how does that even happen? You manage to get that sorted out?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honesty I think the only problem with solo LPs is that often times you have the one person thinking that they should be constantly talking. Watch one of Super Great Friend's LPs (Deadly Premonition or Spy Fiction) because he has a knack for allowing the game to actually breathe if that makes any sense. Or as an other example Kay Plays Dark Souls is good because she only talks to convey what she is currently thinking. She isn't trying only to be an entertainer.

It just takes practice.

Sorry to see you in a foul mood, I hope you get everything sorted out. I can't imagine how much of a pain that is, worst I've had to deal with was having to replace a debit card I left in an ATM drunk and that was a huge pain in the rear end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The podcast was bad just like every podcast without you matt

Woolie had nothing on news to even talk about

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

I guess.

Edit: Sorry if I'm cranky, but yeah, yesterday got a few thousand dollars stolen from my account, which is why I couldn't be on the podcast yesterday as I had to go to bank to sort it all out, not that anyone probably missed me.
Could be worse, man. These days you've got a good bit of security in place to protect you in these situations with your bank account. When my mom had her identity stolen, the guy made off with a quarter million dollars and she was financially hosed forever, we're STILL suffering due to it nearly two decades later.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Hope you get that thing sorted out Matt. That really sucks. Peace

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Could be worse, man. These days you've got a good bit of security in place to protect you in these situations with your bank account. When my mom had her identity stolen, the guy made off with a quarter million dollars and she was financially hosed forever, we're STILL suffering due to it nearly two decades later.

Wait, holy gently caress, 250k gone just like that? Jesus fuckin' Christ.

I'll assume credit card fraud on Matt's case, that also sucks but hopefully it's relatively painless to get it sorted out. Does Canada do the chip thing on their cards?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hope things get better for you soon, Matt. And for what it's worth, I look forward to your solo LPs the most.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I'm a lawyer and I remember reading about cases where scumbags would impersonate other people and got loving mortgages placed on people's homes. Changed huge parts entire land title system because of it.

People can just be loving dicks.

Dias posted:

I'll assume credit card fraud on Matt's case, that also sucks but hopefully it's relatively painless to get it sorted out. Does Canada do the chip thing on their cards?

yeah most up here do. Having a pin on a credit card should be mandatory IMO.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

whoops double post

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

Be aware that there are incredible lengths thieves will go to get your money. In this case it was date her for a year and a half before vanishing with a quarter million charged to her cards and taken out of her bank account/savings/whatever he could take that wasn't nailed down that he had access to. Nowadays there's a lot more countermeasures in place to stop that sort of thing but back then, nooooope

It was a dude who spent his entire life being a parasite on others. Hadn't worked a day in his life. Specifically, he preyed on battered women, mom was his twelfth victim. He had a child that he specifically raised to be an accomplice. Purestrain psychopath.

Monaghan posted:

Yeah I'm a lawyer and I remember reading about cases where scumbags would impersonate other people and got loving mortgages placed on people's homes. Changed huge parts entire land title system because of it.

People can just be loving dicks.
That was part of it, not a mortgage per se, but definitely some huge purchases that nowadays nobody would even dream of accepting without signatures and like three different confirmations.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 9, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Monaghan posted:

I remember finding it very weird that people didn't use PIN numbers back when I was an exchange student in Illinois, wasn't sure if it was a North America thing.

Captain Invictus posted:

Be aware that there are incredible lengths thieves will go to get your money. In this case it was date her for a year and a half before vanishing with a quarter million charged to her cards and taken out of her bank account/savings/whatever he could take that wasn't nailed down that he had access to. Nowadays there's a lot more countermeasures in place to stop that sort of thing but back then, nooooope

It was a dude who spent his entire life being a parasite on others. Hadn't worked a day in his life. Specifically, he preyed on battered women, mom was his twelfth victim. He had a child that he specifically raised to be an accomplice. Purestrain psychopath.

That was part of it, not a mortgage per se, but definitely some huge purchases that nowadays nobody would even dream of accepting without signatures and like three different confirmations.

Wow, that's some 100%, top-shelf, movie-rear end bullshit, man. I can't even fathom how evil or detached you'd have to be to pull that off.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
US Credit cards are finally getting the chip. No pin though for some of them/a lot of them they just have the chip.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Monaghan posted:

Where is it not mandatory? I live in the US and every card I've used came with a randomly generated PIN that you had to use.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Neo_Crimson posted:

Where is it not mandatory? I live in the US and every card I've used came with a randomly generated PIN that you had to use.

I'm in florida and my credit card has no pin at all. Chip came about a four or five months ago. My debit card has a pin but that's a debit card and it's linked to my bank account.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I literally got a new AMEX with the chip like a month ago. I don't think it's really widespread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, same.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh. Alright. Not sure what this means. What's a jumping off point? I thought testing a game for 6 months is a good jumping off point. It's why I did the LP to begin with, and I thought it made it really unique. Not trying to jump on you, but I literally don't understand the criticism. You can rip the band-aid off and say, "I just prefer Woolie and Pat." which is something I would rather people do, instead of a confusing non-statement.

I didn't mean anything by it man, I just feel like you work better with a partner to fire jokes off of and react to than you do on your own, which is something I feel Pat and Woolie excel at a little better. I even said I really enjoyed the No More Heroes LP because of your insider knowledge and I was one of the first to back you up on twitter about the bloodborne video idea. I don't really have a favorite because everybody has strengths and weaknesses, just because somebody jackoff on the internet thinks Woolie's better at solo commentary than you doesn't make you "bluh worst best friend ever." :colbert:

edit: also hope you can sort out the money problem, man. was wondering what the crymetyme-related issue they mentioned on the podcast was.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 9, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Has Liam done a solo video? I wonder how it would turn out.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Andrast posted:

Has Liam done a solo video? I wonder how it would turn out.

The closest was his super on time top 10, which was pretty good though he repeated himself a lot.

It'd probably be similar to his Outlast stream except with less or perhaps an equal amount of girly screams.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 9, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

The closest was his super on time top 10, which was pretty good though he repeated himself a lot.

Wasn't that the one that was more than double the length of the next longest top 10?

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Phantasium posted:

Wasn't that the one that was more than double the length of the next longest top 10?

I think so, I also vaguely remember it having a slightly lower production value, but went into more detail and compared each game to other similar games in the same genre.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Baal posted:

Please do not make fun of Pat, he's able to kill a yak from 200 yards away with mind bullets.

That's telekinesis, Baal.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Justice Sloth posted:

I think so, I also vaguely remember it having a slightly lower production value, but went into more detail and compared each game to other similar games in the same genre.

Yeah, it was practically a powerpoint presentation but with fewer slides than your average half-assed report. I liked it a lot, though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Matt and pat as wonderboy and young nastyman is a dope analog.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

Hell yes, that is strong.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i guess if i had to compare them to tenacious d, id say matt is jables, pat is the rage kage, liam is superfan lee and woolie is the legendary third band member sasquatch

edit: hard to decide if i should swap pat and woolie........

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 9, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Justice Sloth posted:

That's telekinesis, Baal.

scary ghost dog posted:

I'm glad

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Matt please do more solo LPs because NMH and DKC2 were fun videos to chill out and relax to. :)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

TheRealestMatt posted:

Dang. I hope this all got straightened out.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To be honest I think Matt's solo LP career is more personable in that he tries to engage with the viewer because he cares about No More Heroes. He cares so naturally the caring trickles down to us. Plus it's evident it was a special point in his life I think he says so in the LP. So when you get really personal games that the Zaibatsu genuinely want to show us the best of you feel it more.

I mean don't get me Wrong. I appreciate woolie's reboot LP but at that point that's more a trial woolie created, because he wanted to kill Reboot for himself before the new show does.

Ask for the Pat Stares video? I once had an acid trip where I experienced ego death. That video is basically a summary of my night.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

TheRealestMatt posted:

I guess.

Wow, that blows. I hope the bank doesn't gently caress you around.

I don't want to pry but do you have any indication of who did it or how it happened? Like, do you have any reason to think people specifically targeted you or was it just bad luck? I'd hate to think people would go as far as stealing your loving money because they didn't enjoy some video or whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

Pat can frenzy a shark from a distance of over 12,000 feet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Pat can frenzy a shark from a distance of over 12,000 feet.

That's probably not a very useful skill in his day to day life.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For me Woolie's solo thing is an amusing watch at someone dying inside because a bad canadian cartoon had a bad game, Pat's is an eerie and gentle talk as he sorta does a thing but Matt's are closer to hanging out with a pal telling a story, and NMH I super cared for that story since he lead the testing on that game and had so much to talk about it, but for DKC2 as earnest as the LP was I didn't keep with it because Donkey Kong is a good fun platformer, so for me it's nowhere near as fun to watch as it is to simply play it, like i'd probably have a rough time keeping up with the crew if they did a full LP of a Mario game since i'd just go and play it instead.

I think this is also why Matt's streaming works so well, he's super engaging and having viewers to engage with makes it even better. Plus Zach's there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

That's probably not a very useful skill in his day to day life.

Dude, sharks are loving calm as gently caress, freaking out your average human is as easy as bringing up their parents having sex to them.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

I guess.

Matt, what's your opinion on Digimon being a knock-off Pokemon?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

Matt, what's your opinion on Digimon being a knock-off Pokemon?

Digimon is better because in that world, the monsters rule.

Also, SFV is now officially living in the database:

http://picosong.com/8Ha9/

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

For me Woolie's solo thing is an amusing watch at someone dying inside because a bad canadian cartoon had a bad game,
uhhh reboot was loving awesome, the hell is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reboot is my rear end