Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Hey I mean, let's just maybe wait a day and make sure this isn't actually a big misunderstanding or what not before we start ringing wedding bells. You know, like how the Annie and Jack thing went down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That, and the last time there was news regarding Janet and him, they seemed to be happy. Going from "Winsbury in a happy relationship" to "Winsbury is single and pining for Annie" is a bit of a disconnect, story wise.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Winsbury and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a Kat/Annie end?

Great, one more boring-rear end straight romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Tom didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the main characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them straight, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Winsbury's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. :) There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about him and yet it's looking increasingly like Annie's going to end up with him.

Because straight people, that's why. God forbid GCC take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that gay poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Tom. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, they'll have a kid, Annie'll die, and Kat'll be there to talk about the kid's adventures in the school or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the parents, always and forever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There it is.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Winsbury and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a Kat/Annie end?

Great, one more boring-rear end straight romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Tom didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the main characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them straight, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Winsbury's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. :) There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about him and yet it's looking increasingly like Annie's going to end up with him.

Because straight people, that's why. God forbid GCC take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that gay poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Tom. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, they'll have a kid, Annie'll die, and Kat'll be there to talk about the kid's adventures in the school or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the parents, always and forever.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Huh, didn't know one cliffhanger panel could ruin a complete comic series, but there you go: the power of the medium!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Uthor posted:

Huh, didn't know one cliffhanger panel could ruin a complete comic series, but there you go: the power of the medium!

are you taking the chibisoma meme seriously

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Acne Rain posted:

are you taking the chibisoma meme seriously

Half? It's hard to tell these days. I spend a lot of time on tumblr, after all.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm surprised, we made it well over 24 hours.

That rant is clearly outdated anyway. We should hold out for the true pairing of Annie x Reynard. If you'll refer to my otherkin tumblr

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's funniest when someone doesn't get it anyway, so thank you for your service

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Iceclaw posted:

That, and the last time there was news regarding Janet and him, they seemed to be happy. Going from "Winsbury in a happy relationship" to "Winsbury is single and pining for Annie" is a bit of a disconnect, story wise.

How long ago WAS it anyway that we last saw overt evidence that Winsbury and Janet are still dating?

It feels like "a long rear end time".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

How long ago WAS it anyway that we last saw overt evidence that Winsbury and Janet are still dating?

In Faraway Morning, a third of the comic ago.

Edit: Hah, imagine if the bonus page was the beginning of the end for them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posts unsourced quotes in the 'poo poo That Didn't Happen' and 'Idiots on Social Media' threads without explaining that they are not his/her actual posts. Perhaps that is what has happened here. Aren't the official forums notorious?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Seriously you kids have no respect for tradition

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Lottery of Babylon posts unsourced quotes in the 'poo poo That Didn't Happen' and 'Idiots on Social Media' threads without explaining that they are not his/her actual posts. Perhaps that is what has happened here. Aren't the official forums notorious?

*shakes head sadly*

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It actually came from inside the thread.

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh good, generic teen romance spotted. Interest shooting through the floor.

Jack is the least interesting male in anything since Sailor Moon. :v:

Start reading from that link.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Enourmo posted:

It actually came from inside the thread.

Even I'd forgotten that.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
From that link to the sleepover comic, and going back to the torn sea (specifically this page) I'm still fairly convinced that Vegeta liking Annie is probably Kat mistaking him talking about Janet (Red hair, jerk dad, stuff like that) with Annie, but who knows! It just seems to me like no one actually bought that Winsbury and Janet were together and they were still trying to act like they weren't in Torn Sea.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

From that link to the sleepover comic, and going back to the torn sea (specifically this page) I'm still fairly convinced that Vegeta liking Annie is probably Kat mistaking him talking about Janet (Red hair, jerk dad, stuff like that) with Annie, but who knows! It just seems to me like no one actually bought that Winsbury and Janet were together and they were still trying to act like they weren't in Torn Sea.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1396

Interestingly, when all the dancing is going on onboard and just before poo poo gets real, Winsbury is...apparently sidling up to Annie, of all places?

It's just one more thing to add to the pile of interesting tidbits from previous pages.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Regy Rusty posted:

It's funniest when someone doesn't get it anyway, so thank you for your service

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Renard and Tony form an unlikely alliance.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
It would be nice to see Llannwellyn McLongname sort of egging Vegeta on to go talk to Annie. One "get on with it, buddy" glance or nudge out of her would fill in the plot hole pretty nicely.

I don't even think Annie's going to know how to feel about this. She's either going to decide that a hundred little things about this that she doesn't appreciate are worth getting enraged over, or she's gonna straight up 404 and mutely wander out of the building.

You know this kind of raises an important question: If Surma was such a live wire compared to Annie why wasn't she constantly setting poo poo on fire on accident?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Annie has been shown to be pining for romance before, and she's a private enough person that she's still hard to predict after all this time.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Wulfolme posted:

You know this kind of raises an important question: If Surma was such a live wire compared to Annie why wasn't she constantly setting poo poo on fire on accident?

She didn't repress her emotions, and she probably didn't lean on the blinker stone as much as Annie.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

maybe it just skips a generation, like male pattern baldness.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
What is Kat's cunning plan?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

Renard is gonna murder a dude.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Eeeee panel 3.

Margo looks quite different from the last time we saw her.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I too would be tightly hugging a giant murderous floof and not give a gently caress.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I love everything about this page :allears:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Reynard is about to murder a child :3:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Reynard is about to murder a child :3:

Renard is about to murder a child again.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

Renard is about to murder a child again.

He murdered one adult. He attempted to murder a child one time.

With Kat calling Renard's shots I don't think he'll get beyond DOOM DADGLARE, but Winsbury's life is still probably about to be in danger.

Good god, do I hope Renard isn't pulling the creepy-rear end Judge Turpin settling for Sweeney Todd's daughter kind of maneuver all these years. That'd be an icky that wouldn't wash out.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

He murdered one adult. He attempted to murder a child one time.

The fellow he killed was wearing a student's jacket, so still a child, even if he was a senior.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

The fellow he killed was wearing a student's jacket, so still a child, even if he was a senior.

Does the court operate as university as well as a school? Maybe some sort of apprentice program? I mean I think they probably need more of an education than what they'd get if they left education at 18 if they wanted to work at the court, which is what a lot of the former students end up doing.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Uthor posted:

Please tell me there are meltdowns over the last two pages, please! :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

Please tell me there are meltdowns over the last two pages, please! :allears:

It's me, I'm melting down

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Last Visible Dog posted:

Why, I don't know WHAT would give you that idea.

Wait, where did you get this from?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Finally, evidence of time travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mommy the future is uncertain Gunnerkrigg is going on a limb for a bit with the plot I'm aware plot excursions like this have been used as a narrative tool in the past by the master storyteller Tom to get the reader to also feel uncertain and things have always been explained in the past once the excursion was over but this is about annies sexuality and sexuality makes me uncomfortable I am a goon.

Uthor posted:

Don't do that.