Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

fiorina staying in per c-span

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Joementum posted:

I was going with Mitt and Obama, but JFK is a fair call too! :v:

Did Lieberman ever win anything?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:rip: Jeb!

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Kasich ran the Huntsman strategy and wound up with less votes, he should drop out.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Joementum posted:

We go play hoop.

L
A
T
E
R
S

Bernie doesn't believe in 3 point lines, equality for all shots.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Youth Decay posted:

Nope.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Youth Decay posted:

Does a three way tie for third in New Hampshire count?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Trump - 33.9%
Gilmore - 24
Kasich - 16.3%
Cruz - 11.8%
Bush - 11.5%
Rubio - 10.5%

19.5% Precincts Reporting

Oil! has issued a correction as of 02:55 on Feb 10, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is this the maximum chaos victory because it feels like it is

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Youth Decay posted:

He Never Scored

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hillary rally has no TVs

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/697236421862535168

look out stephen curry

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

pathetic little tramp posted:

What's hilarious is Trump just absolutely destroyed the entire Republican field, leaving all of the worthless fools to wither and die on the side of the road.... and the media narrative is going to be about Kasich's rise.

Seeing Trump destroy GWB up until SC is going to be the greatest TV of all time.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

rubio needs to drop below 10% for maximum chaos imo but this is about as close as it gets.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Very close. The only way it could get any better would be if Rubio dips below 10% and Christie manages to sneak up to 10%.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

She's going to totally turn this tide, just you wait! America is ready for a strong, independent job murderer.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

A lot is going to depend on how the logjam at 11% in the GOP race sorts itself out when the other 80% of precincts come in.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Dear God,

Please let Chris Christie beat Marco Rubio so that Rubio has to endure the humiliation of getting trounced at the debate and at the polls.

Amen.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Perhaps Sanders has a chance of securing the black vote after all!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

literally just there to attack hillary

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

BUG JUG posted:

rubio needs to drop below 10% for maximum chaos imo but this is about as close as it gets.

It's a great day to be alive.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mitt Romney posted:

Seeing Trump destroy GWB up until SC is going to be the greatest TV of all time.

:agreed:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Polls close at 7/8PM ET.... yeah, right. Here's what I know about Merrimack from being a resident for 6 years, and following the discussion in a local Facebook group both leading up to and during the polling today.

Let me tell you about Merrimack. Not long ago, we had three polling locations across the town. Running three polling locations costs money, and if there's one thing Merrimack hates, it's spending money on anything.

I am not 100% certain on all these details, but this is the consensus gathered from Facebook posts in our local group, some being from the election moderator. I want to start by saying I give a lot of credit to the people who run the elections here, because they get poo poo on no matter what they do.

Merrimack used to have three locations. During times of heavy turnout, these locations couldn't handle the traffic (auto or foot). There was only once place in town that can handle the amount of traffic coming through. After complaints about poor setups for polling, the town condensed to the one location in 2012, becoming the single largest polling location in the country. We have since been dethroned by Portland, ME.

In 2012, voting was a clusterfuck. There was traffic, and there were lines. People complained, but one location is easier to solve problems at than three. Looking back at 2012 given what happened today, the traffic wasn't that bad, but the voting lines were far worse. The saving grace of the auto traffic was that it made the voting lines short!

About a month ago, the traffic plan for today was circulated. Entry was through two streets: McElwain (the main entrance), and Robinson (the entrance few used). I was able to use Robinson to get in at about 9:30 AM in just a few minutes of traffic. Exit from the polls would be by O'Gara, using both lanes. It turns out the exit traffic didn't matter!

Merrimack lacks a downtown, so everything is very spread out, mostly along the Daniel Webster Highway (US Rt 3), running parallel to the Everett Turnpike. The entry into the polls (McElwain) is off another important route in the town: Baboosic Lake Road. This road is a major road connecting large swaths of residential to the DW Highway, and importantly, it is one of only a few points to cross over or under the Everett Turnpike. This means you have three sources of traffic funneling into these entrances. Compounding this, the exit traffic was also onto Baboosic Lake Road, with most traffic heading to the DW Highway, meaning you had a stretch from exit to entrance that nearly every vehicle needs to pass through.

So, that's the explanation for the typical traffic clusterfuck, a la 2012. You've got a lot of people, and overlapping paths, and all funneling into one route, and one parking lot. This brings us to the source of all this god damned traffic today: The parking lot. What I mentioned earlier about all the traffic flowing through one road segment. That is true of the entire one way stretch past the high school, but with the advantage of being one way. All bets were off at the parking lot. You have everyone coming into the parking lot, and everyone leaving, and there just aren't enough routes through to alleviate the choke point.

In the morning, when I voted, the parking lot was nearly empty, and there was one person directing traffic. When I returned with my wife at 7:30, the parking lot was more full, but still had room. There was, at that point, a whole team of people directing traffic down different lanes, etc. It turns out that letting everyone find their own way results in better load balancing than one guy trying to direct traffic.

There is lots of talk locally (and it has been going on all day) about things we can do as a town to solve the traffic problem. My understanding is that there isn't money in the town budget to run the 5 or so wards to distribute the load enough to work in the smaller locations spread around the town, so the one location is what we'll have then, too (unless something major changes, which I suppose it could because of today's issues). The other part of that is a lack of manpower to run 5 locations. Merrimack as a town talks a lot about politics, but does not follow through (i.e. lots of complaining about how things are run, but no one every opposing incumbents locally), so not so many people willing to help, but lots willing to complain.

No one outside of Merrimack and the surrounding towns will care about this clusterfuck in a week, and no one will care about the inevitable clusterfuck in November.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

What's hilarious is Trump just absolutely destroyed the entire Republican field, leaving all of the worthless fools to wither and die on the side of the road.... and the media narrative is going to be about Kasich's rise.

Nah trump won by enough he can't be ignored. He's going to double the second place vote.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Oh good, three more months of Jeb!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trump wins in line with his poll numbers? Check
Kasich, the least viable candidate going into the rest of the campaign, wins? Check.
Cruz beating both Jeb and Rubio? Check.
Rubio managing to keep his head above the water and get some delegates, thereby ensuring that he sticks this thing out for at least a little while, further dividing Establishment money? Check.

RIP Krispy Kreme though.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

a cop posted:

He isn't going to win by 20%.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

If you aren't voting for Hillary you're a god drat misogynist.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress Cruz is at 3rd

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Gilmore has now doubled his Iowa vote total. Here he is rockin' the Bean boots.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

There's still 80% left to report.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Oh good, three more months of Jeb!

Isn't that what the groundhog predicted?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I would loving kill to watch a Sanders/Obama pick up game at the white house court

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Cruz now beating Jeb and Marco :getin:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
jesus this primary didn't even tease me it just grabbed my dick and finished me off

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Nah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Logikv9 posted:

jesus this primary didn't even tease me it just grabbed my dick and finished me off

yeah it was pretty good

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I just realized Jed Bartlet's father is a commentator on MSNBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I m an, these results were kind of expected, right?

• Locked thread