Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Krinkle posted:

That loving sucked.

I wanted to get a screenshot of it but the f3 thing would only take a picture of my back for some reason, after it was clear that nobody could bump me loose and I was a worthless scarecrow pointed the wrong way.

If you're playing the Steam version, hit F9 to get your exact coordinates and then F12 to get a screenshot. You can forward those on to PGI so they can (maybe) investigate.

It's what I did when I reported some weirdness I won't elaborate involving the way Marauders interact with Viridian Bog.

crowbb posted:

This has happened to me several times, always while jump jetting around. I'll get stuck in place like a leg is caught in the scenery. I can hit jump jets but it does nothing and I can't move. It seems like I can rotate much further than usual when this happens but being rooted I am generally not around long.

Does this usually happen on fences? In my experience, fences are the worst. If MWO had random 80-damage mines I'd rather walk on one of those than walk (or god-forbid jump) onto a fence.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

That thread is from last year.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
open up the euro servers and you will get a game alt faster durint the afternoon US times

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
lol, patton posted that atlas/urbie vid on reddit and one of the top comments starts "you've been a piece of poo poo to me online..." :allears:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's what I did when I reported some weirdness I won't elaborate involving the way Marauders interact with Viridian Bog.

If you try to jump from plateau to plateau in bog there are several places where you can get trapped on the geometry if you come up short. Usually it is in the concave creases of the larger hills. Get stuck on one, watch your speed shoot up to 180k while jittering around, the enjoy your armor stripped legs wherever it spits you out

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Willfrey posted:

lol, patton posted that atlas/urbie vid on reddit and one of the top comments starts "you've been a piece of poo poo to me online..." :allears:

Pats pretty chill unless you bring lurms, then he calls you out.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TeeMerk posted:

Pats pretty chill unless you bring lurms, then he calls you out.

Willfrey posted:

I legit don't remember that guy :(

I hope I wasn't too mean.

also, rifleman:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hey Pat I'm gonna go full lurmtard when we play

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hey Pat I'm gonna go full lurmtard when we play

it's cool when goons do it because when pubbies do it they do it wrooooong

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pattonesque posted:

it's cool when goons do it because when pubbies do it they do it wrooooong

We should do lurmocalypse one day

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
10 LRMBoats 2 Lights with TAGs on every hardpoint.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Stringbean posted:

10 LRMBoats 2 Lights with TAGs on every hardpoint.

Needs more Narc

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Only trouble with that is that narc takes up a hardpoint that could instead be more lurms

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Wafflecopper posted:

Only trouble with that is that narc takes up a hardpoint that could instead be more lurms

If only we still had NARC tube LRM20s :rip:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

also, rifleman:

I feel like there should be more rifles in this image

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks for suggesting the Crabs.

I kept two.

27SL, 280XL, 3x Large Pulse

27B, 325XL, 3x ER Large Laser

I like the pulse one better, but the ER larges combined with the raw speed and cooldown/range mods make it a fun peripheral sniper.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
mad respect to the zombie STD 5MPL Crab that EoRaptor used to gut out a 12-10 win on Tourmaline today

both Crabs remaining had I think a combined total of 45% health remaining against a Streak-Shadow Cat with one torso open

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

I feel like there should be more rifles in this image

Look buddy, hes only one man!

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

also, rifleman:

Gonna be a solid hill-humper, lookit them arms. Energy hardpoints too, which I guess keeps it from being just a lighter JagerMech. Wonder how it'll be quirked.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006
Just had a good game in the pirate's bane just being a real piece of poo poo, nice to run into someone from here yoda!

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
hard to call it a good game when it's a 12-0 and their top damage is 283

that there is a stomping

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

DOMDOM posted:

hard to call it a good game when it's a 12-0 and their top damage is 283

that there is a stomping

putting out over 500 damage in a pirates bane is always a good game

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
you can put over 500dmg in any mech when its a roll stomp with no opposition

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

DOMDOM posted:

you can put over 500dmg in any mech when its a roll stomp with no opposition

if that's true it's much more difficult to get it in a 20 ton mech than any other. i don't think it's true either since generally it'd be easier to get high damages (1200+) in a real fight where your teammates are dying, allowing you to have a more captive audience to run up your damage numbers on

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Pattonesque posted:

also, rifleman:

:yum:

It's all I hoped for and more. That spoiler is even radder than that.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
On a 12-0 stomp where 1/2 the enemy team is <100dmg, you are frantically chasing the enemy trying to get shots in before the game ends, completely without fear of retaliation, because they are mostly running for their lives, or standing up and taking it on the chin from vastly superior numbers

didn't you watch the battlemech 90s cartoon?

same thing.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

DOMDOM posted:

On a 12-0 stomp where 1/2 the enemy team is <100dmg, you are frantically chasing the enemy trying to get shots in before the game ends, completely without fear of retaliation, because they are mostly running for their lives, or standing up and taking it on the chin from vastly superior numbers

same thing.

They were actually streaming into our blob that just stood at a ramp in waves of three-four! It was insane.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
haha even worse! but entertaining

look i'm happy for your score man, and have done similar stuff against bad teams, but it's not something to write home about

tell us about the clinchers, when you were down2 mechs and you pulled it out your rear end through some dumb luck and/or excellent play

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

DOMDOM posted:

same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZUeiuMOjt8

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

DOMDOM posted:

haha even worse! but entertaining

look i'm happy for your score man, and have done similar stuff against bad teams, but it's not something to write home about

tell us about the clinchers, when you were down2 mechs and you pulled it out your rear end through some dumb luck and/or excellent play

You must be a blast at parties. Stepping on other people's fun is so cool and edgy.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Supraluminal posted:

You must be a blast at parties. Stepping on other people's fun is so cool and edgy.
yeah man watch me club this baby seal, totally kicked its stupid rear end

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

DOMDOM posted:

yeah man watch me club this baby seal, totally kicked its stupid rear end

that;s literally 99% of matches in the game at this point

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

ZenVulgarity posted:

We should do lurmocalypse one day

When I get back home later this week, I will go NARC+TAG+ECM Commando and light up targets for you guys all day. It'll be glorious to watch the airstrikes come in as they spin around in circles trying to figure out which one of their teammates just tapped them.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Tim Pawlenty posted:

that;s literally 99% of matches in the game at this point

The best part of the entire ss was that yoda was there.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

also, rifleman:

If this was a real rifleman he'd have to shutdown after that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The Rifleman looks Robotech as gently caress. Which it should I guess.

Pity its 65 tons though, I feel that's an awkward size for a heavy.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

DancingShade posted:

The Rifleman looks Robotech as gently caress. Which it should I guess.

Pity its 65 tons though, I feel that's an awkward size for a heavy.

It's 60 tons.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

TeeMerk posted:

The best part of the entire ss was that yoda was there.

It was a game. I tanked with an xl laserboat on terra therma while trying to correct a voice pubbie that it was not a "crucible", but it was indeed a "butthole". I shot 7 times and overheated twice.

Tim distracted the poo poo out of them, so we won. Another "death in a blaze of glory" stolen from yoda... :saddowns:

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
The Rifleman will be make or break depending on the quirks. Given how generous they've been with these other unseen it'll probably be alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Its probably the best 60 tonner though. Better than the dragon and probably better than the quickdraw. And worse than the other 10 heavies. :v:

• Locked thread