Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/02/05/f35-still-dogged-with-deficiencies-pentagon-report.html

quote:

It also revealed that one version of the stealth fighter made for the Marine Corps found "deficiencies and limited combat capability."
And an Air Force variant had "inherited deficiencies," the report states, noting that the issues could delay the Air Force F-35's release date past the scheduled year-end deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol:

Raise your hand if you didn't call that at least 5 years ago.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
So, Commander said the Check Flight CC is moving to Stan/Eval and that he wants to move me to Check Flight CC.

I asked if he was asking or telling me, he said asking. I said TBNT... some small talk and as I was leaving tonight he said they were going to leave me where I was.

Career suicide complete (esp coz Major's PRF due in a few months) but man I am loving life as a line IP.

It's a very weird vibe between me and the commander right now... The best way I can describe it is the squadron is like a super devout religious group and one person (me) discovers atheism. Nobody really knows what to do.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're going to get non-vol'd as Chief of Command Post or something

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Naw, I'm in this position originally because I specifically told the OSS Commander I did not want to work for him, and it set off a spiral of events.

Basically, I'm telling leadership "no I don't want to do that" and none of them are sure what to do with me. I also just got back from a deployment and am on the summer VML so they can't really send me anywhere either.

Of course, leadership could make me take a job, but they will get the biggest ROAD officer imaginable.

I am also largely motivated by the fact that nothing they can do affects my pay.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

With luck you get orders.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
pffft I'm getting out of my commitment almost 2 years early. Get on my level, noob.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Congrats on IVSP, you get your ATP? If you're still overseas, you get a 6 month extension on the ATP written (if you took it.)

xaarman fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 6, 2016

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Godholio posted:

With luck you get orders.

My functional said a high chance of Offutt AFB with a slight chance of Randolph. It's AETC so placement on the VML nearly guarantees moving.

Rekinom posted:

pffft I'm getting out of my commitment almost 2 years early. Get on my level, noob.

Congrats on IVSP, you get your ATP? If you're still overseas, you get a 6 month extension on the written (if you took it.)

xaarman fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 6, 2016

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
:ducksiren: PILOT SHORTAGE :ducksiren:

Speaking of shortages take a look at the SRB listing that just came out, it's loving hilarious. Literally almost every mx AFSC is on there. For Crew Chiefs it's every single AFSC, skill level, and zone (except Zone E), with multipliers pretty much 3 and 4 across the board. Same thing with Fighter and RPA AFSCs (both CC and Specs), with a couple exceptions Zone A/B/C for everyone and all multipliers either 3 or 4.

loving lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Talked to some AWACS dudes yesterday at work. Was kind of glad to hear that things are going EXACTLY as I predicted around 2010/2011. I should start a 1-900 fortune telling business.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Talked to some AWACS dudes yesterday at work. Was kind of glad to hear that things are going EXACTLY as I predicted around 2010/2011. I should start a 1-900 fortune telling business.
Oh, you predicted AWACS would be a poo poo-show in five years? How prescient of you. :jerkbag:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Yeah for your next trick please tell us where the MQ-1/-9 enterprise will be in 5 years

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

Yeah for your next trick please tell us where the MQ-1/-9 enterprise will be in 5 years
Flesh slaves to the sentient overmind.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

Oh, you predicted AWACS would be a poo poo-show in five years? How prescient of you. :jerkbag:

Well, it was a shitshow back then. But they got a couple of 4-stars to tweak the deployment commitments, and theyre trying to manage flight hours via CMR/NCMR/UQ, dual-qualling certain crew positions, etc.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Show us your spreadsheets

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Even personnel is on the SRB roster :unsmith:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Command Post is the same, lol. Not suprising that Zone E is zero though. There's a million ancient SNCOs in this career field that are dead set on retiring in a functional position

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

My AFSC is 60% manned, so we mostly can't crosstrain out. We don't have an SRB. And then leadership wonders why every non-braindead troop gets out to work as a an AFETS GS.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Arc Light posted:

My AFSC is 60% manned, so we mostly can't crosstrain out. We don't have an SRB. And then leadership wonders why every non-braindead troop gets out to work as a an AFETS GS.

Some sort of backshop?

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

My functional said a high chance of Offutt AFB with a slight chance of Randolph. It's AETC so placement on the VML nearly guarantees moving.

Congrats on IVSP, you get your ATP? If you're still overseas, you get a 6 month extension on the written (if you took it.)

Getting it soon, but my biggest concern is getting my CC to play ball and do everything in his power so that I get denied continuation. It's about a 75k payout on the line.

Rekinom fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 6, 2016

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Two weeks down in OTS. I miss coffee and beer.

Surprisingly I don't miss tobacco at all, so I guess this is good for something.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Arc Light posted:

My leadership is very concerned about retention and asks me daily what I would need to see changed to get me to re-enlist, since I'll actually sit there and tell them what's wrong.

Every SSgt and SrA is getting out here within a year. They're loving terrified.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

smertrioslol posted:

My leadership is very concerned about retention and asks me daily what I would need to see changed to get me to re-enlist, since I'll actually sit there and tell them what's wrong.

Every SSgt and SrA is getting out here within a year. They're loving terrified.

This is happening in my old unit, and probably helped contribute to the 1N4B 5x srb multiplier.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

pkells posted:

Two weeks down in OTS. I miss coffee and beer.

Surprisingly I don't miss tobacco at all, so I guess this is good for something.

The Goldhawks still around?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Has anyone figured out what a Hoya is yet?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

iyaayas01 posted:

Some sort of backshop?

Just one of the lamer comm jobs. Two years left on my enlistment. Might re-up if I can get to a tactical unit like JCU/JCSE, otherwise I'll gently caress off to college on the GI Bill.

Nice of the Air Force to pay for all of my commercial certs, though. Sure will be handy getting a better job afterward.

Edit: yeah, "backshop" is exactly the right word, actually.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Arc Light posted:

Just one of the lamer comm jobs. Two years left on my enlistment. Might re-up if I can get to a tactical unit like JCU/JCSE, otherwise I'll gently caress off to college on the GI Bill.

Nice of the Air Force to pay for all of my commercial certs, though. Sure will be handy getting a better job afterward.

Edit: yeah, "backshop" is exactly the right word, actually.

Ah, I heard AFETS and I thought mx

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

iyaayas01 posted:

Ah, I heard AFETS and I thought mx

Easy mistake to make. For whatever reason, AFETS does comm, too. I don't want to jump ship for it just yet, because I'm hoping the AF might still send me someplace cool. On the comm side, the AFETS seniority determines location, so the dudes who've been around forever get the cool assignments, and the new guys get Barksdale.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Helldump Immunity. posted:

The Goldhawks still around?

If so, they can't be any lazier than your group.

Fuckers couldn't even be bothered to paint your own mascot back.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
We also got all our common area stuff stolen. I don't think we ever bothered to get it back :effort:

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Air Force is dumb as poo poo y'all

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Helldump Immunity. posted:

We also got all our common area stuff stolen. I don't think we ever bothered to get it back :effort:

Yeah, one squadron stole everybody's stuff. We got ours back but I'm not sure how.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Jaysus posted:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Great news! Air Force continues to demonstrate it doesn't get this whole "social media" thing.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/air-force-warns-airmen-against-talking-politics-on-social-media-1.392973

Jaysus posted:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Just paste that Facebook disclaimer that says nobody can copy your postltgjaesdiojfva;jsdjfjkjbvhahsdf fhdh hahahaha

just call Trump a oval office

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I had an excellent Air Force day

Passed a PT test

Called a NCO gay on facebook

Ate a large pizza and pan of brownies followed by a sixer of Alaskan Amber

Didn't go and do my actual job at all

I hope the rest of you have the same

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Softface posted:

Passed a PT test

:downs:7

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Softface posted:

Passed a PT test

In Anchorage? I forget where I'd order pizza from. There was a few decent delivery spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Softface posted:

Passed a PT test

I'm getting a 5 day weekend this week due to MSgt testing on Wensday, not a bad start to a two day work week.

• Locked thread