Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it'd be great if i could get out of this rubio no 2nd market now :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Fiorina about to make a speech on cspan.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

a cop posted:

CSPAN announcing that Fiorina has pledged to go on. "She has the money, she has the infrastructure".

Thanks. I was able to dump my shares real quick to finish even.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

watwat posted:

Thanks. I was able to dump my shares real quick to finish even.

It wasn't 100% clear if it was a quote from before the results or after so I hope that I don't gently caress you :ohdear:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Wishing I bought more than 12 shares at 34 cents for Christie - dropout YES

E: I think you have to be careful about election night statements, re: dropping out. Campaigns will quickly do 180s just days after saying something else.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

a cop posted:

It wasn't 100% clear if it was a quote from before the results or after so I hope that I don't gently caress you :ohdear:

Na, looked up some beat writers on twitter and they confirmed that report. Plus I can't get hosed if I don't have shares.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good to hear. I'm up about $110 from tonight. Hope everyone else did well!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Carly up there with her husband? Maybe she is dropping out.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NOPE

http://predictit.org/Contract/2006/Will-Fiorina-drop-out-by-February-12

BUY NO FOR GUARANTEED GAINS!!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

THANK YOU CARLY

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol I just flipped that. Thanks for the tip.

Modest gains for me tonight but I played it safe after my Iowa gangbusters.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
God shes stubborn. Thanks for the free money though.

At this point I've recovered half my losses from Iowa. Feeling pretty good compared to this time last week.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Omi-Polari posted:

lol I just flipped that. Thanks for the tip.

Modest gains for me tonight but I played it safe.

You're the fucker who bought out the mid-60s and made me buy my NOs at 71, huh. You sonuvabitch I only made 20 cents over 350 shares instead of 25!

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone know if Christie will speak to his supporters?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pathetic little tramp posted:

You're the fucker who bought out the mid-60s and made me buy my NOs at 71, huh. You sonuvabitch I only made 20 cents over 350 shares instead of 25!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

*slams down phone*

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

*slams down phone*

Good job dude.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Rubio tanking so hard means I'll be hanging on to my Trump Nom YES shares for the foreseeable future :getin:

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Theres still some people who are keeping the Fiorina drop out market afloat if anyone wants to snag those Nos

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so now i'm worried carly will about-face on tonight's announcement to keep going. what do you guys think?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Abel Wingnut posted:

so now i'm worried carly will about-face on tonight's announcement to keep going. what do you guys think?

While I wouldn't bet the farm on it, I think it's insanely unlikely. She wants to continue at least having a professional career, and "I won't go quietly, you people are the wind in my sails, I won't back down" -> "I'm backing down" 3 days later would be nuts.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sanders NO for president just won't go down. Too many people are wayyyy too sensible.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

While I wouldn't bet the farm on it, I think it's insanely unlikely. She wants to continue at least having a professional career, and "I won't go quietly, you people are the wind in my sails, I won't back down" -> "I'm backing down" 3 days later would be nuts.
Yeah. She very well could but also remember that she's not running to win but as a means of professional advancement. To "sell books" in other words. Some candidates do it for ideological reasons and they'll stick around as long as they can milk it.

But my predictions aren't worth a whole lot.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hope every election can be like tonight. +~$1400

pathetic little tramp posted:

Sanders NO for president just won't go down. Too many people are wayyyy too sensible.

It's probably that it's so far away.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ended up +$800, woulda been like 6k if someone else besides Trump had won, which just looks like a dumb bet with hindsight.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

Ended up +$800, woulda been like 6k if someone else besides Trump had won, which just looks like a dumb bet with hindsight.

How much did you start with?

e: Also, just like with the stock market thread, can you please post what you do after you do it so we all may piggyback. Thanks.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I dumped winnings into Cruz YES in SC because he'll be doing well there in a few days. Great ground game, people somehow like him there, he'll do better than we're expecting.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

I dumped winnings into Cruz YES in SC because he'll be doing well there in a few days. Great ground game, people somehow like him there, he'll do better than we're expecting.

I'm wondering if I should pull out my Trump shares in SC. Bought in at 63 and they're at 72 now. Could definitely be another Iowa situation. Wish there was more recent polling..

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

a cop posted:

I'm wondering if I should pull out my Trump shares in SC. Bought in at 63 and they're at 72 now. Could definitely be another Iowa situation. Wish there was more recent polling..
I don't think that Trump can maintain the support to keep shares in the 70s consistently. I would sell while it's riding a high. If you think he'll win SC, pick the knife back up when it hits the ground and do it again.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
A reminder that Christie said he was going to SC, which is before 2/12...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

I don't think that Trump can maintain the support to keep shares in the 70s consistently. I would sell while it's riding a high. If you think he'll win SC, pick the knife back up when it hits the ground and do it again.

Yeah good point. Gonna try to dump em, and bet the farm on Trump if he polls with a greater than 10% margin in the next few days.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Real Paddy posted:

I agree with you, but wait for his speech.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kudos to the website for being SLIGHTLY easier to use tonight.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

watwat posted:

Theres still some people who are keeping the Fiorina drop out market afloat if anyone wants to snag those Nos

Just nabbed a bunch. I've been busy tonight so thanks for keeping an eye on things for me, guys :D

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fiorina Dropout NO still falling

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

The Real Paddy posted:

To be fair he had to or he wouldn't have gotten half of that 7% tonight. Which let us remember will reward him with 0 delegates and he is guaranteed exclusion from Saturday's debate.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

a cop posted:

Yeah I'm thinking of flipping mine as well

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SC is Trumptown imo. Racist assholes far outweigh Jesus freaks, unlike in Iowa

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I'm thinking of flipping mine as well

I took a look at http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/sc/south_carolina_republican_presidential_primary-4151.html and http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-3350.html and reconsidered. If it was a caucus state I might be worried but nah. It's fuckin' TRUMP all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the safest bet for some good, quick profit is putting money in Carson not dropping out before 2/12, because he ignored NH for a reason, and that reason is South Carolina.

edit: For reference, I put money down on that at 80c/share, and I'm hoping it drops a little more through the night as Carson's results get worse.

• Locked thread