Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

a cop posted:

How much did you start with?

e: Also, just like with the stock market thread, can you please post what you do after you do it so we all may piggyback. Thanks.

I just did what I had posted earlier. Except I also made a little over $100 on Bernie winning a primary and I sold off most of my Kasich 2nd place for a steep loss(better than zero) and bought a couple more shares of Rubio. Most of the money came off betting yes on Trump winning NH at 72 cents and no on everyone else.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 03:58 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrAClassAct
Apr 10, 2012

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP TRUMP

RIP IN PEACE

RIP BANKROLL
RIP IN PEACE

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Aliquid posted:

Fiorina Dropout NO still falling

What the hell??? I wish the Trump shares would resolve so I could dump into this.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Oh man and it's on a Saturday, no less. I really doubt he's losing a 17 point lead in just over a week.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

a cop posted:

What the hell??? I wish the Trump shares would resolve so I could dump into this.

commentators keep thinking she'll pull a rand tomorrow or thursday

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP BANKROLL
RIP IN PEACE

Hey man, nice try :kiddo:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Oh man and it's on a Saturday, no less. I really doubt he's losing a 17 point lead in just over a week.

Careful, the last South Carolina poll is from nearly a month ago. However, it's comparable to where he was at in NH at the time.

Abel Wingnut posted:

commentators keep thinking she'll pull a rand tomorrow or thursday

Hmmmm. I'll put $100 on them being wrong. If some of my shares would resolve!!

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP BANKROLL
RIP IN PEACE

This was me last week in iowa

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP BANKROLL
RIP IN PEACE

Go big or go home; I respect it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Necc0 posted:

Nobody looks to have polled SC in like 2 weeks. Which are two of the most important weeks. Also Cruz has been working the hell out of a ground game. Trump is likely still the favorite, but I'm going to need more polls before I bet on Trump.

Right now I'm in at -$74 risk and I'll probably just leave SC as I have it and focus on the Super Tuesday markets.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP BANKROLL
RIP IN PEACE

i wish i had so much money i could afford to waste it like this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP BANKROLL
RIP IN PEACE

Shoulda sold some of that when things turned south, drat.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Carly is scheduled through Nevada:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=t50aglgv2b9635u11h734lk9io@group.calendar.google.com

Doesn't mean much but still. I think she stays in. She's networked in Nevada (will still lose badly) and also appears to be skipping S.C. for the most part.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Feb 10, 2016

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

YES on Christie dropping out is hovering around 60c, and he got smoked by all the governors. I grabbed a handful of shares.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hell yeah. Fiorina.Dropout.NO allowed me to get out of Hillary.DNOM w/ a $15 loss and transfer it somewhere where I'll almost certainly get a $25 gain. I'd been hoping to get that money out from being tied up for awhile now. Let's go no surprises!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/697257958242193408

Let's do this...

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
ugh, it's freezing again

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
load you piece of poo poo site

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I see failure in his eyes

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
YES up to 95 cents...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HE DROPPIN

CHRISTIE DROPPIN

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I sold at 95. Good luck y'all.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

I agree with you, but wait for his speech.

Thanks for helping me keep an open mind, bought 239 at 65 cents

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good job every body

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is there any way to see the prices cut off in the 'prices' tab?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I got in on carly dropout NO.... this thread better not let me down

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

just made 12 bucks on Christie in 15 minutes h*ll yeah

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Christie says he is "going back to Jersey to decide whether to move forward." He added, "I need to bet a bunch on PredictIt before I decide."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
TRUMP.SCPRMRY16.GOP trading in the low $0.70s. I only see that going up. There won’t be enough consolidation to help anyone else.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

FourLeaf posted:

I got in on carly dropout NO.... this thread better not let me down

Don't bet too much. You never know :ohdear:

But it's pretty drat certain. She has events scheduled and would have to almost immediately go back on her fairly strong word that she was sticking in it.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Yeah after watching that speech, I have no doubt he'll drop if he stays in 6th (which is pretty much guaranteed now). He made it clear that there were big differences between 5th and 6th, and it all comes down to where he ends up - not quoted, but paraphrased, as he was obviously talking about the SC debate. I'm gonna hang on for a bit longer.

Arkane posted:

Christie says he is "going back to Jersey to decide whether to move forward." He added, "I need to bet a bunch on PredictIt before I decide."

lol

Platystemon posted:

TRUMP.SCPRMRY16.GOP trading in the low $0.70s. I only see that going up. There won’t be enough consolidation to help anyone else.

I think cruz only started big advertising after his IA win (based on boosted's posts in the Rep thread), and we've had no polls since then. I definitely think Trump takes it, but I'm buying Cruz in the 20s and waiting for more polls to get in on Trump

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Going to hang up my hat after calling the last five dropouts. I'd have to flip a coin to make the call between Friend Ben and Carly.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Platystemon posted:

There hasn't been any polling in the state for a while. Trump is likely the favorite, but SC is much harder to vote in than NH. Remember that all the Trump supporters who aren't registered voters and Republicans are going to find it much harder to vote from here on in. Most states already reached their registration deadline for the primary and most have closed primaries. South Carolina makes it easier to vote cross party, but ground game is going to count for a lot more starting then.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

Going to hang up my hat after calling the last five dropouts. I'd have to flip a coin to make the call between Friend Ben and Carly.

Do you mean the market for the next candidate to drop out? Because both Ben and Carly NO, in general, are solid bets. Carson is all but certain, Fiorina is almost-certain.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

a cop posted:

Do you mean the market for the next candidate to drop out? Because both Ben and Carly NO, in general, are solid bets. Carson is all but certain, Fiorina is almost-certain.
No particular market, just who'll drop next.

If I'm given a date like they did this time I *might* jump into the ring. Those two are just real hard to read.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

thethreeman posted:

I think cruz only started big advertising after his IA win (based on boosted's posts in the Rep thread), and we've had no polls since then. I definitely think Trump takes it, but I'm buying Cruz in the 20s and waiting for more polls to get in on Trump

Cruz is a real threat, but I still expect PredictIt to overreact.

Have any pollsters made announcements about SC?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Peachstapler posted:

No particular market, just who'll drop next.

If I'm given a date like they did this time I *might* jump into the ring. Those two are just real hard to read.

Yeah I'm confident it'll be Carson or Carly to drop out next but no way they're out before the end of this week.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
If anyone missed out on the Christie dropout market there's a bunch of MM's in the comments section saying how he'll still go onward and won't quit the race, which is causing some instability and dips into the 80s.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

thethreeman posted:

I bought up a lot of Cruz in SC on the idea that he's probably a little undervalued now - but unless he really tightens it up when polling resumes, I'll bail pretty fast and/or flip them for a small profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

OrangeKing posted:

I bought up a lot of Cruz in SC on the idea that he's probably a little undervalued now - but unless he really tightens it up when polling resumes, I'll bail pretty fast and/or flip them for a small profit.
Good move. I plan to do the same with my shares.

Also doing this with Rubio. 7 cents per share? It was 38 only four days ago. Now, will he get back there? Probably not all the way.

• Locked thread