Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Vermin Supreme has more raw votes than Huck, Santorum, or Gilmore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sounds like Christie is done. Thanks for the kamikaze attack!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Brannock posted:

You COULD interpret it that way, but the actual interpretation is that Trump was implying that if the economy was in good shape people wouldn't be flocking to his rallies. They're coming to him because they know they're being hosed over

Don't intentionally spread misinterpretations

"Don't intentionally spread misinterpretations" is a much better way to put that famous post of mine, "you have to read all of the words in a sentence, then interpret what they mean, then synthesize the concept being conveyed by those words" or however the hell I posted it several months ago.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
You know, I kind of like Kasich, as a person. That, combined with him being the most liberal Republican candidate, makes him the anti-Cruz.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Delta-Wye posted:

With 60% of precincts reporting in, is it conceivable that Cruz (11.7%), Bush (11.2%), or Rubio (10.7%) may slip below the viability threshold?

brb im going to go say a lil' prayer

Rubio could :pray:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I can't wait when the Establishment is forced to rally around Trump because they hate Cruz so god drat much.

:getin:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The moment you'll all been waiting for, betting market report: Rubio and Trump have switched places for the third time in about a month. Rubio is dangerously close to joining the losers' lane with Cruz and JEB, both of whom are approximately tied and doing better than they were pre-Iowa.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Baloogan posted:

they are all loving CYLONS

I don't buy it. The Cylons had a plan.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

KaptainKrunk posted:

I can't wait when the Establishment is forced to rally around Trump because they hate Cruz so god drat much.

:getin:

I'm not American, but if I were I would literally rather suck Donald Trump's yuuuge penis and vote for him, than vote for Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is the only candidate I literally wish ill toward on a personal level.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

uncurable mlady posted:

So far what I'm most surprised about is Trump hitting the polling numbers. I said it yesterday, but in recent memory the NH winner underperforms their polling. Either the LV screen is good - which lends more credence to other Trump polls - or Trump supporters tend to be very attached to the candidate. Both could be true simultaneously.

Yup, I found that interesting too. But if you look at the RCP average you'll see that the poll average under Trump was all over the place and not predictive of the results. This tells me that Trump's support might be able to be measured in primaries (sample of one) but nobody else's is.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

Yup, I found that interesting too. But if you look at the RCP average you'll see that the poll average under Trump was all over the place and not predictive of the results. This tells me that Trump's support might be able to be measured in primaries (sample of one) but nobody else's is.

It tells me one thing. TRUMP

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
So far it looks like Trump will get about 110% of his RCP poll average.

We now have solid evidence that the caucus format was what hurt Trump in Iowa, not an inability to get his support out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
So what has this confirmed about doondle tromp?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I just talked to my folks, who were down in the US for holiday, and they honestly thought that, based on the bleeping on networks, Trump and/or Trump's supporter called Cruz a oval office, rear end in a top hat or fucker. When I told them it was actually "pussy", my Dad told my Mum, by way of yelling across the room, and she laughed.

Honestly, if y'all pussies are too pussy to hear "pussy" without feeling offended, Trump is the president you deserve.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Boosted_C5 posted:

So far it looks like Trump will get about 110% of his RCP poll average.

We now have solid evidence that the caucus format was what hurt Trump in Iowa, not an inability to get his support out.

Sample size of 2. I think the MoE of that is around 68.59%

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

So what has this confirmed about doondle tromp?

List of 2016 GOP POTUS candidates who finished 1st or 2nd in Iowa and NH:

1. Donald Trump

List of GOP nominees for POTUS post WWII who did not finish 1st or 2nd in Iowa and NH:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

PT6A posted:

I just talked to my folks, who were down in the US for holiday, and they honestly thought that, based on the bleeping on networks, Trump and/or Trump's supporter called Cruz a oval office, rear end in a top hat or fucker. When I told them it was actually "pussy", my Dad told my Mum, by way of yelling across the room, and she laughed.

Honestly, if y'all pussies are too pussy to hear "pussy" without feeling offended, Trump is the president you deserve.

Maybe it's stronger in the US than it is in Canada? I wouldn't use it around mixed company I wasn't familiar with, and dropping that in a professional situation would generally be seriously discouraged. It's not the worst of words, but the misogynistic implications can make it sticky and especially aren't exactly appropriate for someone running for public office.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

PT6A posted:

yes, I'm sure the posters on something awful are taking offense to Cruz being called a pussy

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

if the primaries continue to be trump, cruz and a rotating spot for the empty suits i will be happppppy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zelder posted:

yes, I'm sure the posters on something awful are taking offense to Cruz being called a pussy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think even people who vote for Cruz will concede that he objectively looks like a huge bitch

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

dropping that in a professional situation would generally be seriously discouraged.

not where I work

:v:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

So Grows The Trump

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

nachos posted:

Sounds like Christie is done. Thanks for the kamikaze attack!

yep

https://twitter.com/AP/status/697261389774200832

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
(doubleposting bad, SWTOR patcher worse)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

So Grows The Trump

You cannot comprehend the true form of Trump's campaign!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

So Grows The Trump

What an all-mighty idiot!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"I feel y...u...g...e"

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Trump is the tenth joker card

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

for those who don't get it, this was their front page headline after Iowa

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

This

This candidate

HE WAS MADE FOR ME

TRUMP!

*slithers down the hole*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Cruz campaign dropped this hot ad just in time for Trump's big win!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onUaRyvfv1A

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
I wonder if Santorum regrets endorsing Rubio now.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Mitt Romney posted:

I wonder if Santorum regrets endorsing Rubio now.

Of all of Rick Santorums regrets, I'm sure that is a small one.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PT6A posted:

Zelder posted:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Which is another reason I'm not tossing probations around without firing off a few warning shots. Seriously, if Trump supporters want to celebrate their vulgar talking yam of a candidate actually accomplishing something for once that's fine, I just don't want the stupid meme crap getting more normalized than it already is.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Jeb and Cruz stand toe to toe, hammering each other with their swords. Jeb! sinks to one knee, his sword hand upraised in a desperate defense. Their thralls lie dead around them. Trump marches on

Yudo
May 15, 2003

In terms of entertainment value, the republican SC contest is going to be a delight. Ladies and gentleman, stock up on Dew, Doritos and personal lubricant: it's gonna be a fun bloodletting.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

The fools! They've just handed Trump the Jugaloo vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Ted Cruz is a pussy and probably molests his daughter, peace

• Locked thread