Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NV is a super-young state, is it not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

count it!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Donald Trump has won a primary and now he's in a great position to win South Carolina. Jesus Christ is this actually happening?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bernie shoots hoop better than me. :mrwhite:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

fishmech posted:

I'm impressed how Rubio is managing to be jusssst high enough in the vote to get a delegate.

Really that is all there is to watch for, keep him down boys so another delegate goes to Trump!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump has won a primary and now he's in a great position to win South Carolina. Jesus Christ is this actually happening?

welcome to the ultimate battle for the soul of america

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
MSNBC/CNN/fox aren't talking about Bernie at all. How'd he do with the various age groups of women?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump has won a primary.

Pat Buchanan won a primary too, I guess. So did Steve Forbes.

It really doesn't help.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump is currently winning it by 19%

How?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
JEB! is now 0.1% behind cruz, a mere 200 votes with 37% of the precincts left to count (including Salem)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mastershakeman posted:

MSNBC/CNN/fox aren't talking about Bernie at all. How'd he do with the various age groups of women?

Bernie won women 53-47esh, but was buoyed by his performance in the 18-34 group where he won it like 90-10.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If Vermont is so close to New Hampshire, why aren't we getting as much snow this year? Hmmmmm?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

(It's because Al Gore is fat.)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Montasque posted:

How?

New Hampshire residents really hate the black people who don't live in New Hampshire.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

Maybe they'll grow tired of Clinton camp treating them like their votes are locked in already, like they're a joke. "Better luck next time, we've got the blacks! Got ya! "

Or maybe we just legit like Clinton.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Last year in South Carolina it was just Mitt, Newt, Rick and Ron.

This year we have Donald, John, Ted, Jeb, Marco, Carly and Ben. And I guess Jim "No Car Tax" Gilmore.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

L
A
T
E
R
S

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The rare Trump/Carly undecided voter on CSPAN

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

How?

forums poster Mitt Romney please come and explain this because I like your opinions and agree with you like 95% of the time tia.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Goetta posted:

This guy is a trip. Carly, so worldly.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Wait people are shocked that Trump is winning by double digits?.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

going by this

Joementum posted:

REPUBLICAN PROCESS

23 National Convention delegates are to be bound proportionally to presidential contenders based on the primary vote statewide [RSA 659:93].

A 10% threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be allocated National Convention delegates.

Allocate delegates based on the 23 × candidate's vote ÷ total statewide vote. Round to the nearest whole number.

Any delegate positions that remain open are awarded to the candidate with the highest statewide vote total.
im pretty sure trump gets 8 delegates for his % then the 3 extra for people who voted for candidates below the 10% threshold, kasich gets 4, cruz and bush 3, and rubio 2

jeb's only at like 2.56/23 of the total vote but i doubt he'll get rounded down

rubio continues to be 800something voters above 10% of the electorate so he probably will not get cut off

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Feb 10, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Christie is dropping out tomorrow.

Yep. He showed up, killed Rubio, and is now dropping out.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Jeb! just jumped over Cruz. :getin:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Montasque posted:

Christie is dropping out tomorrow.

best friends forever

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Aliquid posted:

NV is a super-young state, is it not?

Sorta, but the white people trend older there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

marioinblack posted:

Jeb! just jumped over Cruz. :getin:

god dammit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Montasque posted:

I have faith that the party will find a way to prevent it. Still holding out hope for Jeb! personally.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Rachel Maddow is scared to death of President Donald Trump.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mulva posted:

Or maybe we just legit like Clinton.

Hmm... Unlikely

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Goetta posted:

I thought he raised a good point about the need to vote for the candidate who will get "government out" and return us to "our roots".

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

fishmech posted:

Sorta, but the white people trend older there.

My recollection of Nevada is that basically the republican party is old white people + rich white people and the democratic party is primarily hispanic and centered in and around las vegas and reno.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Interestingly, nonwhite voters in NH (what few there were) were almost split, 52-48 for Clinton

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Brannock posted:

Not at the same rate, and they flatlined during the Bush years (i.e., the post-dotcom years). There was a spike when Obama was first elected but not much since then.

I don't disagree that the 90s were a Time of Plenty, man. I grew up during the 90s, despite my parents being a trucker and a waitress, they were pretty good times all around. Where I disagree is the thought that we (and especially my generation) aren't being hosed over today, especially post-2008-crash. I contend that this is the real reason why Trump/Bernie is having such enormous support today, not wishy-washy social issues nonsense.

I'm pretty neutral between the Bern and Hillary but I don't really see the need by Bern supporters to poo poo on the only two presidents that somewhat tried to hold the line against a plutocracy. Yeah, okay, they weren't Karl Marx and things could have been improved. But given the context of a divided government in a system with lots of checks and balances, making GBS threads on them just gives even more ammo to the Republicans for no real reason.

If there was one reason I would vote against the Bern it would be if he disowns the limited attempts at progressivism that came at great cost to the last two democratic presidents.

mr whistler has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Feb 10, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
People keep saying America is looking for another Hitler like it's a bad thing. I mean, the way it ended kind of obscures the fact that Germany had a pretty nice run with the guy.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Yoshifan823 posted:

Rachel Maddow is scared to death of President Donald Trump.

We all are.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Somehow he looks even more like Fat Bastard than normal in that shot.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Somehow he looks even more like Fat Bastard than normal in that shot.

He's lost a bunch of weight since that picture.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Silver lining for Rubio: he'll probably hit the 10% viability threshold and earn a couple delegates.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

He's lost a bunch of weight since that picture.

Yeah, now he's only slightly morbidly obese, rather than extremely morbidly obese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The primary upside of Rubio continuing would be awesome pictures of robots following him around

• Locked thread