Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Joementum posted:

Silver lining for Rubio: he'll probably hit the 10% viability threshold and earn a couple delegates.

a half hour or so ago i started copying and pasting into an excel spreadsheet that did the math on that and he's been slowly increasing his raw vote margin over 10% from the mid 800s to the low 900s. so he's pretty certain to get his two delegates

nobody's close to getting rounded to a different number i dont think. jeb's at 2.57/23 of the vote, cruz 2.64. rubio's at 2.41. only 27% of the vote left to be counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
So out of NH we got...

Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Jeb!

Possibly Fiorina, and Carson.

Looks like Christie is dropping out.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Montasque posted:

Christie is dropping out tomorrow.

Yep. He showed up, killed Rubio, and is now dropping out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRh9rzqvdI

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

So out of NH we got...

Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Jeb!

Possibly Fiorina, and Carson.

Looks like Christie is dropping out.

Jeb! may still drop out if he can't sneak in above Cruz.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I really don't believe Hillary will be able to get Republicans to work with her the way they did in the 90s. I just see another 4 to 8 years of deadlock if she's our nominee.

At least with Bernie there's a chance for a Democratic majority.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

Christie is dropping out tomorrow.

Yep. He showed up, killed Rubio, and is now dropping out.

Maybe he held some kind of weird grudge over Rubio making it further in the VP process in 2012 than he did.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah, now he's only slightly morbidly obese, rather than extremely morbidly obese.

Poor Christie, had the Al Roker surgery and couldn't event get skinny.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Before Fiorna drops out people need to remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2wgHwYC-ZE

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i assume carson stays in, and fiorina may actually drop out but it won't really matter

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

a cop posted:

He isn't going to win by 20%.

Not a Step posted:

51.3% of precincts reporting, 60.8% Sanders, 38% Clinton.

a cop posted:

She's getting schlonged.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

I think Jeb! is at least going to try to compete in SC

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'll be fine with Fiorna dropping out but I hope everyone else stays in the race.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

If Vermont is so close to New Hampshire, why aren't we getting as much snow this year? Hmmmmm?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

(It's because Al Gore is fat.)

Joementum is drunk on heady topper and cherry garcia. Today is a good day :)

Feb 24, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

I think Jeb! is at least going to try to compete in SC

I don't see why Jeb! would drop out before super tuesday, or even a few months after that.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Frackie Robinson posted:

People keep saying America is looking for another Hitler like it's a bad thing. I mean, the way it ended kind of obscures the fact that Germany had a pretty nice run with the guy.

hahahahahahaha

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/697239337889562624

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Mitt Romney posted:

Maybe he held some kind of weird grudge over Rubio making it further in the VP process in 2012 than he did.

Or, maybe he legitimately believes Rubio is an empty suit baby back bench bitch, which he objectively is.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Joementum posted:

Silver lining for Rubio: he'll probably hit the 10% viability threshold and earn a couple delegates.

Pretty bad night all around for him though, right?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Shifty Pony posted:

It's going to be awhile before he gets rotated up to the "Not Trump" position again.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

there's no way Jeb drops out

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I wonder if it would be possible to pay a radio station to just yell "Jeb!" between every song 24 hours a day.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there's no way Jeb drops out

Sunk cost fallacy.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shifty Pony posted:

he's probably done.

but if they have to wrap back around again or he performs really well somewhere, well, hell, let me tell you about the comeback kid!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A couple of thoughts at the end of the night:

Bernie Sanders winning by over 20% is not a fluke because he's from a neighboring state. This is still the Clinton campaign's race to lose, and they won't lose, but if they and their supporters ignore this result and pretend it was purely caused by the demographics of the state, they're missing a massive opportunity. It is not, and should not be, difficult to say that a program like single payer healthcare is the long term goal and we get there by pushing for change on the existing programs, as an example.

Nothing much has changed on the Republican side except that a bit of life has been breathed into the Jeb! campaign. This isn't a huge problem for the Republicans as now the contest between him and Rubio gets sorted out next week in South Carolina, rather than tonight. The winner between the two of them, from that state, will do battle with Cruz and Trump on Super Tuesday and beyond.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Where are you guys getting your raw vote numbers?

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/ seems behind.

Also Fox has Cruz up at 12 vs 11 for Jeb! and they are reporting 76% of the vote in.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I doubt his position relative to Cruz is a big deal. They're not competing for the same votes, he did better than Rubio, Kasich has nowhere to go in the south. Plus Jeb! gets to deploy W in South Carolina.

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Montasque posted:

Where are you guys getting your raw vote numbers?

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/ seems behind.

Also Fox has Cruz up at 12 vs 11 for Jeb! and they are reporting 76% of the vote in.

Politico has 77.3% reporting http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/new-hampshire

Vermin Supreme, currently in fourth place!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Or, maybe he legitimately believes Rubio is an empty suit baby back bench bitch, which he objectively is.

The only other person I've heard say or write 'back bench' this entire election is Jeb Bush.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Xojil-P6o

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

at the DNC after a dead tie the nominee will be decided with a game of HORSE. Obama will ref

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Ego-bot posted:

I doubt his position relative to Cruz is a big deal. They're not competing for the same votes, he did better than Rubio, Kasich has nowhere to go in the south. Plus Jeb! gets to deploy W in South Carolina.

I am more just honestly blown away that Kasich got 2nd place tonight.

What a loving weird election.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Mu Cow posted:

Politico has 77.3% reporting http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/new-hampshire

Vermin Supreme, currently in fourth place!

Thank you, much better.

LETS GO JEB!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I really don't believe Hillary will be able to get Republicans to work with her the way they did in the 90s. I just see another 4 to 8 years of deadlock if she's our nominee.

At least with Bernie there's a chance for a Democratic majority.

Bernie isn't going to win by margins so much higher than Clinton that he actually flips the House. The House will remain Republican and either Bernie or Hillary are going to have to deal with 4-8 years of unyielding gridlock, just like Obama. The changes the do make will be regulatory and through appointments such as the Supreme Court. Maybe in 2022 or 2024 a Democratic president can once again work with a Democratic congress.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

Bernie Sanders winning by over 20% is not a fluke because he's from a neighboring state. This is still the Clinton campaign's race to lose, and they won't lose, but if they and their supporters ignore this result and pretend it was purely caused by the demographics of the state, they're missing a massive opportunity. It is not, and should not be, difficult to say that a program like single payer healthcare is the long term goal and we get there by pushing for change on the existing programs, as an example.

Nothing much has changed on the Republican side except that a bit of life has been breathed into the Jeb! campaign. This isn't a huge problem for the Republicans as now the contest between him and Rubio gets sorted out next week in South Carolina, rather than tonight. The winner between the two of them, from that state, will do battle with Cruz and Trump on Super Tuesday and beyond.

Joe -- I recognize Buchanan and everything else. It's really jarring that donald trump has won a primary, right?

Feb 24, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

I am more just honestly blown away that Kasich got 2nd place tonight.

What a loving weird election.

His victory speech really spoke to the fact that he never should have won 2nd place.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
If a time machine just showed up beside me, I'd be so excited to travel back 9 months and tell past me all about this. I'd forget to write down lottery numbers and sports outcomes and stock trends. Past me would be to confused and suprised to care about that. Trump winning a primary would be a bigger deal to me than time travel being possible.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Schnorkles posted:

Donald Trump has won a primary.

Pat Buchanan won a primary too, I guess. So did Steve Forbes.

It really doesn't help.

Which stage is denial because you are going through it.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Rocks posted:

Joementum is drunk on heady topper and cherry garcia. Today is a good day :)

heady topper loving owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Rubio briefly looked legit upset in his speech talking about how he hosed up the debate. I get the sense that the robot dudes bothered him on a personal level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Hillary Clinton is fundamentally incapable of winning over the youth vote. She and her surrogates are too condescending and untrustworthy. Young whites are not a captive demographic who have no choice but to vote democratic and could weather a Republican president. Whether blacks are shackled to the Clintons remains to be seen. Hopefully class identity trumps racial identity.

• Locked thread