Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hcreight posted:

That episode was loving fantastic, and almost makes up for all of this season's bullshit.

This opinion is negated if we don't get to see Mayor Snart.

I was kind of hoping Cisco would stop like 2 minutes later mid conversation and say "You all did hear them say Mayor Snart right?". Seemed like a total Cisco thing to do.

I wonder how Velocity 8 is going to fail so they can get to 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
That Legionnaire ring, holy poo poo. loving nuts.

Thought it was maybe a Lantern ring at first, which would be crazy, went back and checked and... honestly Legion is even crazier, given this show's history of making good on its promises.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 10, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hahah Elon Musk without the RBF.

Cisco!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Evil Cisco was the best and you just know Cisco has an amazing nickname for him that we will learn next week.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought that was Van Dyke Oliver shooting an arrow, but:

Looks like a black guy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Looks like a black guy?

Black Archer!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Looks like a black guy?

Walter Steele returns

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Earth 2 Barry is such a weenie. How did Iris ever fall for that?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ooooh, that's probably Connor Hawke. They cast him for an upcoming LoT episode, supposedly..

Figures I had to go out for dinner on the night of the best episode of the season. Best moment was...probably?...Barry and Cisco meeting Earth-2 Deathstorm.

That said, I still zoned out through the Caitlin/Jay stuff. :v:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Watched the episode and I have to agree with whoever said Candice and Grant have great chemistry. (http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/blind-item-10-496.html#comment-3587195)

The Killer Frost scenes were AWFUL. Danielle wasn't selling anything but that Iris?? An Iris not bound by lovely plot devices and with Candice's bit of weight acting behind her was so amazing.

Also I can officially state that Candice Patton is the most beautiful girl in the flarrow universe by far. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Are you nuts, Killer Frost is the best Panabaker has been all season long. Though that isn't saying much when the writers have given Caitlin literally nothing to do but make dreamy eyes at Jay.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Evil Cisco was the best and you just know Cisco has an amazing nickname for him that we will learn next week.

He nicknamed himself. "Reverb."

Also :zoomed: again

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Are you nuts, Killer Frost is the best Panabaker has been all season long. Though that isn't saying much when the writers have given Caitlin literally nothing to do but make dreamy eyes at Jay.

This is a joke right? Scotty taking into a computer mouse was more interesting and believable than when Panabaker forced the word "breacher" out of her mouth.

In fact all the acting in The Voyage Home was Shakespearian compared to how Danielle regurgited her dialogue this episode. I mean clearly its a low bar, but drat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

He nicknamed himself. "Reverb."

Also :zoomed: again

I mean an insulting nickname.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Koalas March posted:

This is a joke right? Scotty taking into a computer mouse was more interesting and believable than when Panabaker forced the word "breacher" out of her mouth.

In fact all the acting in The Voyage Home was Shakespearian compared to how Danielle regurgited her dialogue this episode. I mean clearly its a low bar, but drat.
I'm not calling her acting stellar, but again she has done just about nothing else this whole season because the writers have no clue what they want out of her until they made her evil on Earth-2. So yeah I would say that her being Killer Frost is literally the best thing she has gotten to do all season long, because she has practically done nothing else other than be the token female in STAR Labs. And that's a major fault on the writing considering her and Cisco were on equal levels in screen time throughout most of Season 1.

Anyway if you don't like her then bad news - she's clearly in the previews for the next episode and will be the unexpected source that will lead them to where Zoom is keeping Barry and Jesse.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Pretty good episode, although the "Barry excitedly says exactly what he's looking at" when he switched with himself went on for like 3-4 jokes too long. Also add Iris-2 to the list of women whose lives have gotten worse thanks solely to having met Barry. Cisco continues to be the best though, that guy carries more goofy lines/situations than anyone else on both Flash and Arrow and manages to actually be funny and charming instead of cringey and awkward.

I forget but did they establish that Zoom was loving up Earth-2 before Barry opened the breaches, or did he start appearing after? Because if it's the latter then Jay's revelation about how he lost his speed kind of makes Hunter Zolomon the obvious choice for Zoom unless they just pull something completely out of the blue like making it Barry-2's dad or handwave Jay's excuse away as "I just totally fooled you and your blood samples because speedforce!".

e: Err wait, now that I think about it Jay was fighting Zoom when the first breach popped open, right? That's why his helmet flew through? But if Zoom didn't actually steal his speed and he just lost it from the drugs, then why/how was he fighting Zoom when the breach opened?

VDay fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 10, 2016

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That was a great episode. I've been waiting for Earth-2 since it was first mentioned

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

VDay posted:

e: Err wait, now that I think about it Jay was fighting Zoom when the first breach popped open, right? That's why his helmet flew through? But if Zoom didn't actually steal his speed and he just lost it from the drugs, then why/how was he fighting Zoom when the breach opened?

I think Zoom really did steal his speed, it's just that the resulting illness was caused by his abuse of Velocity-6. Like, if Barry were to have his speed stolen he wouldn't suffer the same sickness, because his speed hasn't been artificially enhanced beyond the "natural" level.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

So Earth 2 Iris' watch detects that Barry is metahuman but she figures its on the fritz. They go to Jitterbug to see Joe sing and NOBODIES watch gives off a metahuman detection alert because of Barry but when Killer Frost and Deathstorm show up their watches suddenly start working. Got it.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Blackchamber posted:

So Earth 2 Iris' watch detects that Barry is metahuman but she figures its on the fritz. They go to Jitterbug to see Joe sing and NOBODIES watch gives off a metahuman detection alert because of Barry but when Killer Frost and Deathstorm show up their watches suddenly start working. Got it.

something something SPEEDFORCE

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

For some reason, I had E2 Cisco dead-to-rights as the unwilling other half of Deathstorm. I guess I'm glad that was wrong.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Blackchamber posted:

Those watches only detect Earth-2 metas which is why Cisco also didn't set it off and when she was kissing Barry it really was on the fritz and was acting up because it kind of sort of detected that maybe something's up with Barry.

TV/comic book science is pretty easy.

Also Wells' watch only worked on Earth-1 Cisco that one time because he has the 6S and everyone else on Earth-2 are only wearing the consumer-grade 5G models.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VDay posted:

I can't wait for the reveal that Zoom is Jay's Tyler Durden.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rarity posted:

"Where Is My Speedforce"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Rarity posted:

Well poo poo now I'm going to be sad when this isn't the case.

On a serious note though can it even be anyone besides Jay or Zolomon at this point? Like who's even left that's still a candidate? Wally-2? Barry-2's dad? Outside of something completely out of left field like Eddie-2. Hope they got something good planned but either way I'm looking forward to more Zoom-focused episodes. He's such a cool-looking villain and seems legitimately intimidating, it's a shame he's just been off doing, uh...mystery bad guy stuff? this whole time.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I still think the most significant/revealing thing re: Zoom's identity is E2 Wells saying he had something to do with Zoom's creation way back when, unless I'm mis-remembering that. Though you'd think he'd elaborate, but nahhhh.

Wait I think I've got it! The person in the grave on Arrow is Zoom!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The person in the grave is Earth 2 Joe!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Koalas March posted:

Also I can officially state that Candice Patton is the most beautiful girl in the flarrow universe by far. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Nyssa al Ghul disagrees :colbert:

Zoom is Earth-3 Barry. Wells accidentally breached the worlds while doing all the science and he trapped a powerful speedster in his world. It's why he feels guilt and why none of the other obvious candidates are available. Jay was fighting Zoom and Zolomon had no way to get to Earth-2 other than some supreme SPEEDFORCE bullshit.

Who am I kidding? It's probably Zolomon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felicity's mum disagrees :catbert:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zoom is Wally's children, one is standing on the other's shoulders inside the suit.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Here's a gif I found online of the entire Earth-1 to Earth-2 travelling sequence: https://gfycat.com/FantasticDirectBrontosaurus

Looks like the order is - Alternate Green Arrow (maybe Connor Hawke?), Flash from the old TV show, Supergirl, Grodd, Jonah Hex and the Legion of Superheroes ring.

Fantastic episode all around, probably my favorite of the season so far.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One of Wells's flashbacks has a news report on the TV in the background commenting on how Robert Queen has been publicly revealed as Earth-2's Green Arrow (after his son died in the wreck of his yacht and he spent five years stranded on Lian Yu); since he's older, maybe he needed to recruit other Arrows as well.

Anyway, I think they might have benefitted from going to Earth-2 sooner in the season. Maybe even going back and forth between them (though I imagine that might not be feasible from a production standpoint). You know, like in Fringe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zolomon is on Earth 1, Zoom is from Earth 2.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That portal sequence and phone though. The Flash has amazing nods and allusions. I'm glad Jay got to be cool for a few seconds. I like Zoom's "Show up, whip all rear end, leave" gimmick. He doesn't need long monologues.

One day these shows will care about secret identities. Today is not that day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think an important thing that wasn't really dwelled upon is that Earth-2 has been having people from other worlds show up. Like the Zoom crew knew were specifically hunting down "breachers."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Lol,

Bruce
Hal
Diana

Not sure if I've got the joke right but

Batman
Green Lantern and
Wonder Woman?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Diana is Wonder Woman's actual name (whether she's Zeus' daughter, or a statue given life) and Hal Jordan is the first modern Green Lantern. Second overall.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
And they have Eddie instead of My Cousin, The Red-Blue Blur.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

VDay posted:

On a serious note though can it even be anyone besides Jay or Zolomon at this point? Like who's even left that's still a candidate? Wally-2? Barry-2's dad? Outside of something completely out of left field like Eddie-2. Hope they got something good planned but either way I'm looking forward to more Zoom-focused episodes. He's such a cool-looking villain and seems legitimately intimidating, it's a shame he's just been off doing, uh...mystery bad guy stuff? this whole time.

Jay is stuck on Earth 1 right now so it'd be pretty hard for it to be him. Unless they missed a breach I guess.

Eddie-2 seems like a fair bet, since we haven't heard anything about him.

muscles like this? posted:

I think an important thing that wasn't really dwelled upon is that Earth-2 has been having people from other worlds show up. Like the Zoom crew knew were specifically hunting down "breachers."

I think that was probably just Zoom figuring out the breaches are closing and saying "hey keep an eye out for anyone weird, they're probably from Earth-1".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Earth-2 seems to be good for the ratings - last night pulled in a season high, and ranks 3rd overall after the first two episodes of the series.

• Locked thread