Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
On Nukeboat, I think in the building on the A site, does anybody get really bad screen tearing when aiming down the sights over that railing? It's kinda hard to explain, but there's a spot where my entire screen becomes a blurry mess. I haven't seen anybody mentionning that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTmBT6K8e-Q

:allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's criminal how poo poo [3arc] are at playing their own game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

PC got a patch today, and now Hunted is like eye-searingly bright.

Is it like this on consoles?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Yes they redid the lighting to make it brighter.

Crowbar attacks twice as fast as the combat knife. Pay2Win is real :allears: Probably an oversight due to animations.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I played as StayFrosty with some of y'all back in the BLOPS2 days on XBL. I bought BO3 on PC and it turns out I'm the same worthless piece of poo poo at that as I am with every other competitive activity ever. Add me?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Guni posted:

Hey dudes, since the new update on xbone, had anyone noticed that aiming, particularly down the sites seems to be super slow?

Which gun are you using? Apparently Treyarch stealth nerfed the ADS time of a bunch of guns. The Kuda is almost as slow as the Dingo now. :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/4510x5/changes_to_ads_time_or_how_the_kuda_became_the/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah if i put up a server full of the worst bots possible with perma UAV like the guy in this video i could do this with literally any weapon in the game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

It's criminal how poo poo [3arc] are at playing their own game.

wait is that actually treyarch that run with that tag

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A big shoutout to toast for constantly leaving lobbies and loving up whatever class I'm trying to fix.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

SubponticatePoster posted:

I made this to show why I'm constantly hollering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCFuMQKMqZU

This isn't even that bad, it's just some of what I bothered to record. Now imagine that poo poo game after game, night after night. And this was on 4 bar. It gets exponentially worse at 3, which I have frequently.

Holy poo poo. That's bad if it's not dedicated... if it was on dedicated then that is a joke.

I've seen at least twice guys who should have been gotten by a conc somehow take no effect so I think there is a rare bug with tacticals.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stux posted:

yeah if i put up a server full of the worst bots possible with perma UAV like the guy in this video i could do this with literally any weapon in the game

Ok that explains that because even the worst of pubbies at least pull the trigger every now and then.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mill Village posted:

Which gun are you using? Apparently Treyarch stealth nerfed the ADS time of a bunch of guns. The Kuda is almost as slow as the Dingo now. :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/4510x5/changes_to_ads_time_or_how_the_kuda_became_the/

The vesper with quick draw now feels the same speed as it did before without.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
So they nerfed ADS speed, but increased aim stability while using ads?

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
So last night I couldn't connect to an xbox live party (game party worked fine). Every time I did it dropped me from the party chat after a few seconds. Has anyone every had this happen?

I show an open NAT, play on a wired connection, my router has all the correct open ports and the network stats all come back good. I tried playing a couple games and my fps dropped to the point the game was a slideshow. After about an hour I came back and while I still couldn't join party chat I could at least play and use game chat.

It also seems to take about 45-60 seconds to start up and log into xbox live now.

Pretty_Llama fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 10, 2016

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
I miss having contracts. Contracts for cryptokeys would be neat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I miss good maps and dedicated servers.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A big shoutout to toast for constantly leaving lobbies and loving up whatever class I'm trying to fix.

If I do it enough maybe Vandahaar-sama will notice me and fix that dumb "feature."

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I miss good spaw-ahahaha who am I kidding, they spawns have never been good.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Carecat posted:

Holy poo poo. That's bad if it's not dedicated... if it was on dedicated then that is a joke.

I've seen at least twice guys who should have been gotten by a conc somehow take no effect so I think there is a rare bug with tacticals.
Consoles are p2p so quality can vary wildly. I've seen games where nobody has a 4 bar, I don't know how that even happens. And yeah, I've hit people with tacs and had no hitmarker and apparently no effect. Also the night the new maps dropped I was shooting someone with a Brecci and kept getting flak jacket hitmarkers :psyduck:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

So last night I couldn't connect to an xbox live party (game party worked fine). Every time I did it dropped me from the party chat after a few seconds. Has anyone every had this happen?

I show an open NAT, play on a wired connection, my router has all the correct open ports and the network stats all come back good. I tried playing a couple games and my fps dropped to the point the game was a slideshow. After about an hour I came back and while I still couldn't join party chat I could at least play and use game chat.

It also seems to take about 45-60 seconds to start up and log into xbox live now.

get good scrub

That you are able to join the party, then get immediately get dropped is weird. If there was some networking issue, I'd assume you wouldn't even be able to join the party in the first place. That being said, check on port 16000 TCP/UDP if you haven't. I believe that port may be used for party stuff. Also check if your router is filtering Teredo, and if so, try disabling that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I've seen games where nobody has a 4 bar, I don't know how that even happens.

The host is torrenting. :anime:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Consoles are p2p so quality can vary wildly. I've seen games where nobody has a 4 bar, I don't know how that even happens. And yeah, I've hit people with tacs and had no hitmarker and apparently no effect. Also the night the new maps dropped I was shooting someone with a Brecci and kept getting flak jacket hitmarkers :psyduck:

I have no idea of the veracity of it, but I have read somewhere that the 'e' at the end of the version string at the top right of the screen when the scoreboard is up indicates that you are on a dedicated server. That has lined up with my experiences. There was one Ground War game recently where it seemed obvious that Caf was the host as he had 4 bars and everyone else had 3, and during that game there was no 'e' at the end of the version string. Every other time I have looked, I have seen that 'e' and I can't recall ever seeing a host migration despite people leaving games frequently. I'd have to double check, but I think most often on Xbone I end up playing on a dedicated server around St. Louis.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

venutolo posted:

I have no idea of the veracity of it, but I have read somewhere that the 'e' at the end of the version string at the top right of the screen when the scoreboard is up indicates that you are on a dedicated server. That has lined up with my experiences. There was one Ground War game recently where it seemed obvious that Caf was the host as he had 4 bars and everyone else had 3, and during that game there was no 'e' at the end of the version string. Every other time I have looked, I have seen that 'e' and I can't recall ever seeing a host migration despite people leaving games frequently. I'd have to double check, but I think most often on Xbone I end up playing on a dedicated server around St. Louis.

this sounds confirmation bias as hell

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I wish they'd be upfront about this crap. That and put the whole thing on dedis. You're still going to get some relative lag based on location but probably not as bad as some random kid whose entire family is streaming netflix at the same time. I should really dig into my router's settings and see if there's anything I can gently caress with. This is a pretty good CoD title and I like playing but goddamn sometimes I want to punch a chromebook.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I've seen games where nobody has a 4 bar, I don't know how that even happens.

when that happens i assume i or another euro/non-US player got host somehow

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

this sounds confirmation bias as hell

I'm not saying I believe it (regarding the 'e'), but it is something I'm keeping an eye on.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

venutolo posted:

I'm not saying I believe it (regarding the 'e'), but it is something I'm keeping an eye on.

Do you have a spreadsheet?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Hackan Slash posted:

Do you have a spreadsheet?

Nope. Just an HBase database.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Since patch on PC queue times have gone down the toilet randomly and it felt very laggy though I could've just been in bad rooms. Like I lost every gun fight. 95% of the time when I start getting mad I just look at pings and killcams and nod my head.

I played with Xcal but he had an aimbotter on his team so it sucked. He used brecci which made me sad.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

venutolo posted:

Nope. Just an HBase database.

i only have visicalc, will that work?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I keep a mongoDB of the times I've pissed off bees.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I keep a mongoDB of the times I've pissed off bees.

Bees is just pawn in game of life.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Any new numbers from victrix since the update? The AK doesn't feel quite as good as before and the ICR feels better than before? Pump shotgun couldn't 1-shot anybody from the hip anymore unless literally humping them. Also the Manowar with rapid fire was now terrible but without rapid fire was dominant (all different from before). Am I the only one?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Drav posted:

Any new numbers from victrix since the update? The AK doesn't feel quite as good as before and the ICR feels better than before? Pump shotgun couldn't 1-shot anybody from the hip anymore unless literally humping them. Also the Manowar with rapid fire was now terrible but without rapid fire was dominant (all different from before). Am I the only one?

Golded the Man O War last night; zero issues with it. RDS - Long Barrel - Fast Mags. The ICR has been good for a while now, and the KRM has always been garbage since beta- Fuzzo excepted.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

get good scrub

That you are able to join the party, then get immediately get dropped is weird. If there was some networking issue, I'd assume you wouldn't even be able to join the party in the first place. That being said, check on port 16000 TCP/UDP if you haven't. I believe that port may be used for party stuff. Also check if your router is filtering Teredo, and if so, try disabling that.

1v1 me bro

I'll check all that thanks Ven. My router is the old lovely verizon one so I'll try to see if they will give me the new one without paying. They make it nice and difficult to use your own of course.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Golded the Man O War last night; zero issues with it. RDS - Long Barrel - Fast Mags. The ICR has been good for a while now, and the KRM has always been garbage since beta- Fuzzo excepted.

KRM will always be > the loving Argus*

*unless you magically have some sort of fantastic connection or manage to get host, then it can apparently kill you from across the map.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Anyone have experience with Astro A30s? Considering trying a nicer headset since I can't use 3.5mm headset w/elite controller on PS4...

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Magus42 posted:

Anyone have experience with Astro A30s? Considering trying a nicer headset since I can't use 3.5mm headset w/elite controller on PS4...

I have 50s arriving today, if that helps I can report back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Drav posted:

KN (AK?) is significantly better post-patch. It's probably the best non-burst AR.

Deviant posted:

I have 50s arriving today, if that helps I can report back?

A50's are pretty loving good. You'll slowly begin to detest people who are using iPhone earbuds with their DS4's, though. They pick up a ton of background noise which will keep some people on perma-mute.

teknetik fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 10, 2016

• Locked thread