Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

More than one thing can be bad hth.

It actually didn't happen that often and this is "feel bads" hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

rabidsquid posted:

It actually didn't happen that often and this is "feel bads" hth

So basically how you felt about your Calciform Pools spec.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Owning such a powerful card is its own reward, actually.

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
Were you raised by invisible stalkers and feel you have to defend their honor?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
When invisible stalker dad hears all these insults about his family wait til you see the look on his face!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I used Wrath of God to answer tooth and nail for two DSC all the time in mirrodin standard too, but it was a real pain when i tried to use it vs affinity and they just welding jar'd their Myr Enforcers!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
How do you regenerate artifact creatures with Weldibg Jar against a Wrath of God?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Star Man posted:

How do you regenerate artifact creatures with Weldibg Jar against a Wrath of God?

I'm pretty sure he's trolling, since you can't do either thing he said.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
goon friends, should I spend money on some boxes of the current set? Y/N?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DigitalMocking posted:

wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a whole set?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

DigitalMocking posted:

Yes, and immediately sell all the Eldrazi for tons of mad profits.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

DigitalMocking posted:

If you are going to draft it, then sure. If you are doing anything other than drafting it, then no. Just buy singles.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Chill la Chill posted:

Yes, and immediately sell all the Eldrazi for tons of mad profits.

I don't think I've ever sold a single card, and doubt I ever will.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shamshel posted:

Were you raised by invisible stalkers and feel you have to defend their honor?

I am Invincible Stalker.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

I am Invincible Stalker.

if you're invincible then how come I can see your posts

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

I am Invincible Stalker.

More like invirile stalker.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ramos posted:

More like invirile stalker.

Yeah I am actually super cute and smell nice so this is accurate.

Zoness posted:

if you're invincible then how come I can see your posts

I dictate them

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Mezzanon posted:

Please bring Garruk Relentless back to standard! I guess probably in Eldritch Moon since I didn't see him in the SOI card.

Still the best flip walker.

pages late but i agree.

garruk relentless is one of my favorite cards ever and it's one of my fav cube cards too, probably right behind armageddon

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

16 decks in that Pro Tour format on MTGO? I understand why they don't just let you pick your deck, but there's no way I have enough knowledge and experience about each deck and its match ups.

This sounds like it's just going to be a festival of misplays.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Invisible Stalker is actually a very problematic card because there might be RL victims of stalking playing the game.

kas posted:

Based on the fantastic baseless/joking speculation for the new set and how the thread's ideas seemed too fun to actually see print in any real set, I have made a Thing for people to shove in their custom cubes or whatever. :)

Echoing that I love the Jace art, and I also love that there's a not-insignificant chance for his ult to win the game by naming and revealing another copy of himself

"IT WAS ME, UGIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
I find it super annoying that people are trying to say Painter's Servant is somehow a magic bullet that will hose Eldrazi decks. It's no more effective than Blood Moon (due to how long it takes to get out), and by the time it does, your opponent could very well have multiple Eldrazi (including a Smasher or Thought-Knot) on the field.

I don't want them to get rid of Eye of Eugene, but it's pretty much the only choice.

Though I am entertained by how the eldrazi are just consuming the format.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Apparently the Uncharted Realms thing that said Kiora planeswalked away was bullshit because she's fairly intimately involved with the "burn the Eldrazi" plan.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Angry Grimace posted:

Apparently the Uncharted Realms thing ... was bullshit

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

JerryLee posted:

Invisible Stalker is actually a very problematic card because there might be RL victims of stalking playing the game.

Echoing that I love the Jace art, and I also love that there's a not-insignificant chance for his ult to win the game by naming and revealing another copy of himself

"IT WAS ME, UGIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

To be fair that is also a valid win condition in Cluedo

anglachel
May 28, 2012

En Fuego posted:

I find it super annoying that people are trying to say Painter's Servant is somehow a magic bullet that will hose Eldrazi decks. It's no more effective than Blood Moon (due to how long it takes to get out), and by the time it does, your opponent could very well have multiple Eldrazi (including a Smasher or Thought-Knot) on the field.

I don't want them to get rid of Eye of Eugene, but it's pretty much the only choice.

Though I am entertained by how the eldrazi are just consuming the format.

Painters servant went from 10 dollars to 35 dollars just because of Eldrazi lololol. I'm sure spending your turn 2 to put a 1/1 into play that shuts off 8 lands in their deck is really worth it, especially when they can just shrug and use Spatial Distortion or Dismember on it. Of if on the Red/Blue variant play something else to just flat out kill and continue on with their gameplan. Or just shrug in general and play the long game with you if they are on Red/Blue.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

anglachel posted:

Painters servant went from 10 dollars to 35 dollars just because of Eldrazi lololol. I'm sure spending your turn 2 to put a 1/1 into play that shuts off 8 lands in their deck is really worth it, especially when they can just shrug and use Spatial Distortion or Dismember on it. Of if on the Red/Blue variant play something else to just flat out kill and continue on with their gameplan. Or just shrug in general and play the long game with you if they are on Red/Blue.

Um it is a 1/3?????

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

anglachel posted:

Painters servant went from 10 dollars to 35 dollars just because of Eldrazi lololol. I'm sure spending your turn 2 to put a 1/1 into play that shuts off 8 lands in their deck is really worth it, especially when they can just shrug and use Spatial Distortion or Dismember on it. Of if on the Red/Blue variant play something else to just flat out kill and continue on with their gameplan.

Painter is still a 1/3.

Also Worship was $20 ($10 now,) people are morons, and this game is terrible.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

anglachel posted:

Excuse me!
It's a 1/3!

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Hey, sorry, weird question: do you guys know Painter's Servant's power and toughness?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

And this game is terrible.
Same and agreed.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Also Worship was $20 ($10 now,) people are morons, and this game is terrible.

I really don't see how the people who are like "um it's a COLLECTIBLE card game :smaug:" cannot perceive the massive shift from the obviously originally intended "you can also collect these cards that you are playing wizards with! :buddy:" to "if, God forbid, you want to begin playing Magic at anything resembling a competitive level, you now have to play an entirely separate and only coincidentally related financial minigame before you can even get into the actual game."

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I hope there's a crash and a bunch of wannabe captains of finance lose their shirts and quit it with this poo poo.

That probably wouldn't be enough though. Maybe this is the new normal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bubbles always pop

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Hey, sorry, weird question: do you guys know Painter's Servant's power and toughness?

Google it you lazy gently caress.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

odiv posted:

I hope there's a crash and a bunch of wannabe captains of finance lose their shirts and quit it with this poo poo.

That probably wouldn't be enough though. Maybe this is the new normal.

I'm sure a number of them already have, in that it's virtually positive that a lot of the relatively dumber bubbles have not paid their instigators anything close to the minimum wage, if they've turned a profit at all. Things like the Seance, Worship and Painter's Servant poo poo.

Unfortunately, there's the bubbles that are also connected to actual playable cards, which are still illegitimate insofar as holy poo poo you're asking $20+ for cardboard, but "legitimate" insofar as they have people who want to play Eldrazi, or whatever, over a barrel, so they can probably move their stock.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

JerryLee posted:

I really don't see how the people who are like "um it's a COLLECTIBLE card game :smaug:" cannot perceive the massive shift from the obviously originally intended "you can also collect these cards that you are playing wizards with! :buddy:" to "if, God forbid, you want to begin playing Magic at anything resembling a competitive level, you now have to play an entirely separate and only coincidentally related financial minigame before you can even get into the actual game."

Yeah but I don't see how you can separate that from what it was intended to be. People are always going to want the powerful cards. I just boy the cards I need and if I can't justify spending $X on that specific card, I don't. I've always kinda had a soft spot for MUD but I'll be dipped if I'm paying $70 for City of Traitors.

I started playing constructed in modern (fully foiled mono-U Faeries :v:) because standard is stupid. Then Bitterblossom got unbanned and suddenly all my $3 foils were $30 so I bought into legacy because modern is terrible. Then I bought into vintage because legacy was starting to suck. It didn't hurt that I already owned 2 Moxes by having traded random stuff for them and that I got my Workshops for $1400 so I didn't have that much to buy. And now WotC has ruined vintage so I give up! I can't wait for them to restrict another card from Shops when Shops is only good in the meta because of another oppressive deck!

tl;dr I got pretty lucky on the #MTGFinance side of things, people are morons, and this game is terrible.

Also seriously, all the people whining about #MTGFinanciers is really getting old. These cards are expensive because people are buying them, not because some guy is hoarding 80 copies in his basement.

Edit:

Attorney at Funk posted:

It's a 1/1, everyone knows that. :cmon:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

DigitalMocking posted:

To just rip them open? God no.
To draft? Go hog wild.
To sit on as an 'investment'? I mean, they'll probably go up eventually, what with expeditions and stuff, but here's more efficient ways to make money on investments.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Excuse me!
It's a 1/3!

Oops reading is important isn't it? So it still dies to every piece of removal in Modern and all the removal Eldrazi would run (even Kolaghans sense it's a Artifact, if somebody wants to do Red/Black Eldrazi to show how special snowflake they are with their broke rear end deck).

JerryLee posted:

Unfortunately, there's the bubbles that are also connected to actual playable cards, which are still illegitimate insofar as holy poo poo you're asking $20+ for cardboard, but "legitimate" insofar as they have people who want to play Eldrazi, or whatever, over a barrel, so they can probably move their stock.

I don't know man, I picked up 3 Eye of Ugins for 3 bucks a pop when I heard murmurs of Eldrazi being hot new deck. I have less than 2 days left and only one of them at 25 bucks. The other 2 have no bids. The market seems to understand a ban is inevitable. It's just if you want to dominate the Grand Prix's or whatever other Tourney's in the short window before Shadows B&R announcement is the reason to get into this deck.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Entropic posted:

To sit on as an 'investment'? I mean, they'll probably go up eventually, what with expeditions and stuff, but here's more efficient ways to make money on investments.
I'm not sure that's true. I don't know any investment that would return what INN sealed boxes have over the last three years ($90 in 2013 would net you $300+ today); sealed magic product (with the huge caveat of "if you can find a buyer/live in a big city for it) is one of the best investments you can make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Entropic posted:

To just rip them open? God no.
To draft? Go hog wild.

Mostly just to rip open. Sounds like buying individuals is the way to go.

• Locked thread