Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

seizure later posted:

rengar is also hot garbage right now, lane rengar especially. really looking at your team comp a victory would have been way more surprising.

ding ding ding

don't pick rengar, folks, especially if it's against quinn top (who then first builds that new AD assassin item)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
No one on your team built a whisper item, enemy Kindred pressed R.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is a cool spreadsheet showing runes/masteries/item builds for a bunch of Korean challenger/master players who main specific champions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19E0fe0f0s5vpNEm032kPn-79kY3KIvsTWeJXi1mDPhs/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ap rengar is still good ac tually

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Are there prizes for reaching gold other then the border? I seem to remember something a few seasons back but I was never serious enough to bother.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
a skin and a ward icon and a summoner icon

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Are there prizes for reaching gold other then the border? I seem to remember something a few seasons back but I was never serious enough to bother.

Gold is literally the only tier that matters other than the dumb border, as it gets a skin reward every season.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Mash posted:

Gold is literally the only tier that matters other than the dumb border, as it gets a skin reward every season.

So what you're saying is if I'm still godawful near the end of the year I should buy boosting to gold? What skins have been given away? What is this seasons?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

The Mash posted:

I need help coming up with a new one-trick-pony summoner name. Ideally, it should combine my love of Fiora and of Kanye West somehow.

It doesn't meet your ideal requirements, but BALLSONYOURJHIN.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So what you're saying is if I'm still godawful near the end of the year I should buy boosting to gold? What skins have been given away? What is this seasons?

They don't announce them till later, but so far it's been Jarvan/Janna/Elise/Morg/Sivir.

In low gold at the beginning of each new season you'll see a bunch of victorious champs losing games as people try out their skins.

e: I think there's a Fiora/Kanye/Faker reference in Blood on the Leaves somewhere, but idk what it is.

e2: No More Parties in Top Lane

foutre fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 10, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
ahahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xin....... is good

fishception fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 10, 2016

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I'd hesitate to draw any conclusions from that game, although I'm sure Xin is good.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

The best Kanye song is that one I jumped out of a helicopter to before shooting up a drug runner's pool party.

I'm pretty sure I actually fist pumped to that when I played it. Best intro to a game ever.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Won't be able to play the new patch until tomorrow but I'm guessing the bans should be xin, talon and zed at the moment? Looks like graves got dumpstered pretty hard, I've barely seen the frog since last patch and rango is poo poo again.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

Won't be able to play the new patch until tomorrow but I'm guessing the bans should be xin, talon and zed at the moment? Looks like graves got dumpstered pretty hard, I've barely seen the frog since last patch and rango is poo poo again.

Depends on what elo you're in, but in a vacuum sure those aren't bad bans.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can't wait for the win % numbers and to see ryze at 30% and talon at 60% like I suspect.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
psa: pick lulu if the other team gets talon or zed or xin

always pick lulu but doubly so now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Can't wait for the win % numbers and to see ryze at 30% and talon at 60% like I suspect.

I agree, I think Talon is going to be incredibly good on this patch.

e: pro-tip: talon is better than Zed in the hands of almost every sub-diamond player and maybe even better at the highest elos. I'm not sure why he's not picked more often as it is, but duskblade will put him over the edge.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 10, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Mash posted:

I need help coming up with a new one-trick-pony summoner name. Ideally, it should combine my love of Fiora and of Kanye West somehow.

All of the Fights
Bound 2 Fiora
Duelist in a New Dress
Diamonds From Fiora Leone
Duel Slow (Homie)
Fiora Business
Fiora's In the House (Watch Your Spouse)
(Top Lane) Blame Game

Every time you talk to your teammates in solo queue it's always... bittersweet poetry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35c8IW0vsSE

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Mash posted:

Ima Let You Finish But Fiora

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So has anyone tried out the change to Cow's combo? I figure it should be simple enough but I can just imagine Riot loving it up and making the combo impossible to do at all or something.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
so here's a question

does sated devourer on its proc cause the mark from duskblade to happen twice

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I mean unless the cooldown is totally broken, no, it won't. But we're talking about Riot so... probably?

Since everyone is going to play assassins this patch and sunfire cape got buffed... play top lane Nautilus. It's hilarious.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

K8.0 posted:

I mean unless the cooldown is totally broken, no, it won't. But we're talking about Riot so... probably?

that would be completely horrendous, two procs of it going off, jesus christ

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

What I'm wondering is whether Shaco clone gets its own proc.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Oh poo poo it does http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/5TfEHFY3-does-shaco-clone-proc-duskblade

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Time to play a normal as Shaco as soon as I get home from work in a couple hours.

I love how often this game patches because of the constant balance swings and (unintended) bullshit that goes with it. Keeps it fresh for me to always have things to abuse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hahaha what the gently caress Riot.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

That's incredibly gross.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

And I thought Rengar was bad. That's just horrifying.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
riot-chan....
-_-

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Oh, if only anyone could have seen this ridiculously overpowered assassin item coming, and recognized the sheer stupidity of putting it in the game

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

hahahahaha holy poo poo

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Now to put Yorick ult on the Shaco...

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
Alright goons, what would you suggest for a build and skill order for Xin if I was to try and play him in lane? Triforce, Duskblade, rageblade, and maw all seem really good but I feel like there needs to be an AS and maybe tanky item in there somewhere early.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/retiring-dominion

quote:

We’re permanently disabling Dominion and removing the Crystal Scar from custom games on Monday, February 22..

Radiantweasel posted:

Alright goons, what would you suggest for a build and skill order for Xin if I was to try and play him in lane? Triforce, Duskblade, rageblade, and maw all seem really good but I feel like there needs to be an AS and maybe tanky item in there somewhere early.

I don't think you need duskblade. I would say triforce + rageblade + tank is what you want, but maybe I'm discounting the strength of the new item.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm shocked!

... that anyone was still playing Dominion.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
RIP 7-min Dominion Co-op v AI FWOTD.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

slydingdoor posted:

Now to put Yorick ult on the Shaco...

Okay seriously this would be a great troll comp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I'm going to miss Dominion. There was a long period of time that I played it exclusively. RIP Skarner, you can never go home again.

• Locked thread