Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

cigarillos like black and milds mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i was reading about crow languages ability for displacement and found this paragraph which made me laugh, for some reason

Honeybees use the waggle dance to communicate the location of a patch of flowers suitable for foraging. The degree of displacement in this example remains limited when compared to human language. A bee can only communicate the location of the most recent food source it has visited. It cannot communicate an idea about a food source at a specific point in the past, nor can it speculate about food sources in the future.[2] In addition, displacement in the waggle dance is restricted by the language's lack of creativity and productivity. The bees can express direction and distance, but it has been experimentally determined that they lack a sign for "above".

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i forgot it was called the waggle dance

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Even in the chat thread, F.O.E.

Thanks, I have that stuck in my head now :mad:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Gintama is so freakin good right now

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Gintama is so freakin good right now

I gotta catch up on it

And

All anime

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

So just an advance notice, I guess we'll be watching The Idolm@sters: Cinderella Girls anime tomorrow February 10, at 1:00pm PST // 4:00pm EST // 9:00pm GMT, which isn't the most ideal of times for Americans on a weekday but shrug lmao.

I forget where the goon group left off but I think it was the third episode

Reminder that we'll be simulwatching some anime on synchtube in three hours!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

El Burbo posted:

a monster lady with big hands is holding a barrel

looks pretty clear to me

the designs look cool but at the same time they kinda look...idk, blobby?? melty?? idk how to describe it, it makes it hard to tell what exactly is going on with their designs sometimes

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

been debating getting back into ffxiv once 3.2 hits ever since pat from best friends play talked about getting back in, especially since as he explained 3.2 is going to be the catch up patch so i won't have to grind bullshit as hard.

My highest class is still 33 so I'm very far from the point where I need to gear up for raids, but I'm glad that they're removing some of the grind with 3.2. I read up on the 3.1 stuff and it seemed a little ridiculous in terms of grind requirements.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

i know whats up because im smart
              /

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
http://i.imgur.com/2CKxxlC.webm

airi from erased is cute, and strong, and cool, and is my friend

and i hope satoru loving kicks the murderer's rear end!!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lemon Curdistan posted:

My highest class is still 33 so I'm very far from the point where I need to gear up for raids, but I'm glad that they're removing some of the grind with 3.2. I read up on the 3.1 stuff and it seemed a little ridiculous in terms of grind requirements.

completely irrelevant, but I just decided to check the lodestone page for my character and a character named Futaba Anzu was the most recent one to make a blog entry on the community wall.

they're a potato, but i think given the circumstances it's a fitting race for the character

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

that's how FF14 works, every other patch adds either a grind or a catchup

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

low t sjw manlet who vapes and wears a fedora here too

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Ooo, we're posting more of the Abyssal Fleet?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
"My... town? Hmph, don't make me laugh. Who gives a drat about this crap town... I'm crap too." —Rico on the crappiness of Nortune, Kislev

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Attn. Droyer, I finished Firewatch and there's no horror at all it's just a mystery sort of thing (and barely even that).

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

low t sjw manlet who vapes and wears a fedora here too

Greetings :dukedog:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Attn. Droyer, I finished Firewatch and there's no horror at all it's just a mystery sort of thing (and barely even that).

Thanks. I ended up watching the whole thing on youtube though anyway lol. The ending wasn't great

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

i forgot it was called the waggle dance

:yosbutt:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Droyer posted:

Thanks. I ended up watching the whole thing on youtube though anyway lol. The ending wasn't great

Yeah, I don't even know what to think of it right now, except it being a whole lot of nothing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

playstation send me an email advertising crunchyroll (specifically, gintama on crunchyroll)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Jarogue posted:

"The Colonel', they modeled a new pokemon after your favorite Guilty Gear character

Are brides with rabbit ears just a trope I'm unaware of?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

praise allah

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's not my character, just a random video from Youtube. I did in fact go with a Tomo-ish hairdo on mine.

Wait, you can buy new hairstyles at the Golden Saucer?

Ponytail and afro. New dances now as well.

Are you guys on Excalibur too? I haven't been playing much lately, but maybe we need an ADTRW linkshell.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

a kitten posted:

Are you guys on Excalibur too? I haven't been playing much lately, but maybe we need an ADTRW linkshell.

i am, technically, though i haven't played in ages

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

the designs look cool but at the same time they kinda look...idk, blobby?? melty?? idk how to describe it, it makes it hard to tell what exactly is going on with their designs sometimes

the good shipgirl designs tend to suffer from being samey and the bad shipgirl designs from being busy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

I want to be in the anime linkshell, even though I've barely played the game at all since HW came out lmao

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sharkopath posted:

im as smart as a crow

K. Flaps posted:

But do you smoke?

hi

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it only took me a couple of weeks, but i finished reading verdant lord. pretty happy with the ending with the exception of 1 small fact, oh well, good series

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

And that's why Wo-class is still the best Abyssal Fleet design, because she looks very human while also being alien and otherworldly. She has a very clean and effective appearance.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the actual final chapter is kinda weird though, cause the ending isn't really rushed, it gets there at a good pace and ends at a logical place but then the whole epilogue feels like it got about half the pages it needed. apparently the magazine went under, but it must have been really sudden. like it deserves another epilogue chapter

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Were the robots good?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Sorry Corals posted:

the good shipgirl designs tend to suffer from being samey and the bad shipgirl designs from being busy

why do all these sailor uniforms look the same?!?

I hate this meme

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a kitten posted:

Yeah, if I get back I'd be down for some ADTRW linkshelling too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Droyer posted:

Were the robots good?

yeah pretty decent, done by a gundam designer too. not a lot of variety though, theres like 2-3 types? don't read it for the robots, but they're a nice bonus for a mech lover

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

yeah pretty deece, done by a gundam designer too. not a lot of variety though, theres like 2-3 types? don't read it for the robots, but they're a nice bonus for a mech lover

cool, I might take a look at it when i'm less tired

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sorry Corals posted:

my biggest problem with the design that i was reminded of today when i saw the new akizuki class was that a lot of ships in the same class end up looking the same without anything to really visually differentiate them from each other. which makes sense because theyre sister ships, sure, but then i look at tatsuta and tenryuu, who are also sister ships, but are visually distinct from each other while also sharing common design elements to link them to each other.

(also their portrait art is fairly badly drawn, but that's beside the point.)

same with yamato and musashi

so when i see two who just look the same its just boring and lazy to me.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Hatsuzuki's turrets are gloomy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
xenogears, was a fun gme

• Locked thread