Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
The text says that Magiana was made by human hands over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, as it knows Magiana's secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I feel like something is missing from that crest shaped area.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cerony posted:

The text says that Magiana was made by human hands over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, as it knows Magiana's secret.

Is the secret hidden inside the pokeball skirt?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Cerony posted:

The long awaited evolution of Electrode.

I hope we get Mega Electrode soon and it's just a giant disembodied grin

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I like it but also it looks a lot like Diancie

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

majormonotone posted:

It's Klink with a pokeball dress

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Have we done a nature vs. technology theme yet? Calling it now that Gen VII is in PokeBritain or PokeGermany

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Please no more Steel/Fairy. It's the most common second type for Fairy, and I'm sick of Poison bring poo poo on.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

Have we done a nature vs. technology theme yet? Calling it now that Gen VII is in PokeBritain or PokeGermany

Black and White specifically was more urban or rural based on the version you got.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Bee posted:

Please no more Steel/Fairy. It's the most common second type for Fairy, and I'm sick of Poison bring poo poo on.

This is nonsense, there's only two Steel Fairies so far. Fairy/Psychic is the most common.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
poke-uk would make sense what with detective pikachu being a thing that's coming out

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I wanna see the haggis Pokemon

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dehry posted:

Black and White specifically was more urban or rural based on the version you got.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Opelucid/Black City and White Forest. That wasn't really a central theme of the game though, I don't recall any big N speeches about it

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

poke-uk would make sense what with detective pikachu being a thing that's coming out

That takes place in Pokemon Boston though I thought

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Uhhh....

???

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

majormonotone posted:

Steampunk Diancie

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Uhhh....

???

Am I supposed to know who this is?

...maybe, Guilty Gear???

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think it's an anime Strawberry Shortcake.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You can't blame Guilty Gear's art style for being easily recognizable. Yes, that's Elphet, a new character in Guilty Gear Xrd.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Darth TNT posted:

Steel fairy or Electric Fairy?

I'm betting Steel Fairy.

It's definitely Steel and Fairy is a safe bet as well.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Uhhh....

???

Nomura! Wait, no those are chains not zippers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
After almost collecting every Pokémon, I only needed Volcanion to have a full Pokédex.

So, naturally, they reveal the first of, like, 200 more Pokémon before Volcanion comes out just to rub in the fact that I'll never catch them all. :negative:

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
O_O Steampunk Pokemon in PokeUK is a thing I need immediately.

My burning question is: will they finally give us a griffin pokemon??

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

After almost collecting every Pokémon, I only needed Volcanion to have a full Pokédex.

So, naturally, they reveal the first of, like, 200 more Pokémon before Volcanion comes out just to rub in the fact that I'll never catch them all. :negative:

Mind you, completing the Living Dex is probably the easiest it's been since Gen II, especially as this year every Mythical except for Diancie and Hoopa is being distributed.

What are the biggest stumbling blocks to the Living Dex anyway? The Legendary birds, I take it?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

less laughter posted:

This is nonsense, there's only two Steel Fairies so far. Fairy/Psychic is the most common.

I wasn't counting Gardevoir's pre evolutions, but even then it turns out Mr. Mime's fairy too now. Huh. Shows how much I forgot him.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

majormonotone posted:

Maybe its that kid that wanted Diancie had a great great grandpapa that also wanted one so he made a robo Diancie when he couldn't find one.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

TinTower posted:

What are the biggest stumbling blocks to the Living Dex anyway? The Legendary birds, I take it?

Since I'm doing this right now the biggest stumbling block is using level 100 blisseys to grind for evolutions. It takes like 20+ minutes of mashing B to get through all of the level up notifications, and you need to pay at least a little attention due to the "Hey would you like to learn this move?" prompts.

I should probably just mash A instead, and learn every move in spot #1. :sigh:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Dunban posted:

They're already revealing a Gen 7 Pokemon? Hmm..

fake edit: I just checked, Munchlax was revealed 28 months before Diamond and Pearl were released in Japan, so it doesn't necessarily mean that a Gen 7 game is imminent.

Reminder: Ho-Oh was revealed less than a month into Gen 1.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SilverSupernova posted:

Reminder: Ho-Oh was revealed less than a month into Gen 1.

Three weeks before Red and Blue came out in the US, even.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TinTower posted:

Mind you, completing the Living Dex is probably the easiest it's been since Gen II, especially as this year every Mythical except for Diancie and Hoopa is being distributed.

They were a little annoying, since it took three playthroughs of X to get them, but not so bad. The main difficulty is getting people to trade you Legendaries. :argh:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I vaguely remember Masuda hinting that the next generation would take place in England, but I might be misremembering/confusing it with something else.

E:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They were a little annoying, since it took three playthroughs of X to get them, but not so bad. The main difficulty is getting people to trade you Legendaries. :argh:
Before OR/AS, I got most of the legendaries I was missing by trading Cherubis. :shobon:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nth Doctor posted:

Since I'm doing this right now the biggest stumbling block is using level 100 blisseys to grind for evolutions. It takes like 20+ minutes of mashing B to get through all of the level up notifications, and you need to pay at least a little attention due to the "Hey would you like to learn this move?" prompts.

I should probably just mash A instead, and learn every move in spot #1. :sigh:

I'm OMW to completing a pokedex right now as well. Just got under 100 left, and it's mostly trade evolutions, stone evolutions and version exclusives that aren't in Omega Ruby now for me. The big stumbling block I am finding is stuff like Porygon which needs to be traded with a specific item which is consumed on trade. :(

Also, where are you fighting level 100 Blissey's? I have 4 trainers in my secret base with 3x Level 50 Blisseys but I didn't think I could get to fight level 100 ones instead, that would be awesome.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm OMW to completing a pokedex right now as well. Just got under 100 left, and it's mostly trade evolutions, stone evolutions and version exclusives that aren't in Omega Ruby now for me. The big stumbling block I am finding is stuff like Porygon which needs to be traded with a specific item which is consumed on trade. :(

Also, where are you fighting level 100 Blissey's? I have 4 trainers in my secret base with 3x Level 50 Blisseys but I didn't think I could get to fight level 100 ones instead, that would be awesome.

You can get a device that breaks the level 50 cap on secret bases when it's activated. Other people might already have it in their bases, check around and see if you can use it for their Blisseys. But for trainers in your own base, you need your own device. I forget exactly where it's located, unfortunately.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
...BB-8?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

It's definitely Steel and Fairy is a safe bet as well.

Just like Zekrom being predicted as Dark/Flying was a safe bet right

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pentaro posted:

Before OR/AS, I got most of the legendaries I was missing by trading Cherubis. :shobon:

Usually I had to trade Shinies to get people to give me Legendaries. :(

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

less laughter posted:

Is the secret hidden inside the pokeball skirt?

The secret is what generation it's from.

This is a super unexpected reveal and I applaud Pokemon's marketing for just leading us on at this point. There's a genuine reason for a Gen 7 vs Gen 6.5 debate now.

Magiana resembles Diancie quite a bit. It could be another Luvdisc/Alomomola situation but since Carbink has a link to Diancie as well, it's safe to imagine this concept of humans creating a clockwork knockoff of Diancie.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shneak posted:

The secret is what generation it's from.

This is a super unexpected reveal and I applaud Pokemon's marketing for just leading us on at this point. There's a genuine reason for a Gen 7 vs Gen 6.5 debate now.

Magiana resembles Diancie quite a bit. It could be another Luvdisc/Alomomola situation but since Carbink has a link to Diancie as well, it's safe to imagine this concept of humans creating a clockwork knockoff of Diancie.

Zoroark (gen V) had its movie in gen IV, so this could be the same case of a next-gen mascot mon having its titular movie (it's called Volcanion and the Exquisite Magiana) in the current gen.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If Volcanion is pursuing it, do you think there could be a type relationship between it and Magiana?

Steel is weak to Fire; what's strong against Water? I'm going with Electric. It's Magnemite-chan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Would it be possible that gen 6.5 IS just Steam Poke-England? England and France are already heavily involved with eachother's histories and the English yanked cultural practices from them constantly. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a more involved Black-->Black 2 setup.

• Locked thread