Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Speaking of Dedicated / Non-Dedicated servers... Didn't COD used to pause the game and move everyone to another player host mid-round if connection to the original host was lost/they quit? Is this just a console thing? On PC I always just get kicked back to the pre-lobby menu with an error telling me I lost connection to the host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

teknetik posted:

KN (AK?) is significantly better post-patch. It's probably the best non-burst AR.

A50's are pretty loving good. You'll slowly begin to detest people who are using iPhone earbuds with their DS4's, though. They pick up a ton of background noise which will keep some people on perma-mute.

I'm trading up from Turtle Beach 500P, so I already have that.

Lookin' at you, PartyVan. :glomp:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

My dog decided to use my Sony gold headset as a chew toy yesterday while I was at the gym. They still work, but I'm highly suspicious of how long they'll last. Appreciate all the headset discussion, as it's pseudo-topical for me right now.

Deviant posted:

I'm trading up from Turtle Beach 500P, so I already have that.

Lookin' at you, PartyVan. :glomp:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble hearing him in-game.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

housefly posted:

Don't have trouble hearing him. Have trouble getting over the fact that his mic feedbacks/pings/whatever constantly

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
Anyone on PSN want to run some Core CTF tonight?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

JaySB posted:

Don't have trouble hearing him. Have trouble getting over the fact that his mic feedbacks/pings/whatever constantly

agreein' w dom in a cod thread, what is the world?

but i still love you partyvan~

housefly posted:

My dog decided to use my Sony gold headset as a chew toy yesterday while I was at the gym. They still work, but I'm highly suspicious of how long they'll last. Appreciate all the headset discussion, as it's pseudo-topical for me right now.

Review of Stealth 500P from Turtle Beach: I liked them but I have a tall as gently caress head.
Review of Astro A50s: Buy the xbone version if you have both consoles. Same headset, same price, xb1 comes with an extra chat adapter cable. Usage review pending. Fit me good at the store.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Marvel released his full stats spreadsheet, so you don't need to guess about random stat poo poo:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k7jVpX782zoAIDGqj61l1Yw5qoPf1QVHpM01mwa-tTI/edit#gid=0

Only caveat it's not updated for the current patch. The PC patch just dropped, so he'll probably update it this week.

No really massive changes, they've slowly nerfed SMG stuff over time to give ARs a slightly better fighting chance. The Vesper recoil nerf after the VMP sprintout/ads/hipfire nerfs means there's no clear insta-gib SMG winner any more. The Kuda and Pharo are both viable because of that, and the Razorback and Weevil were already good if you could use them right (Razorback moreso, the Weevil is mostly a get-triple-and-quads-against-lovely-players gun). The Kuda, Pharo, and Razorback remain strong suppressed candidates. Same story with the KN-44.

The only AR I don't really like right now is the HVK, which is flipped from a month ago where I hated the Dingo. Now I like the Dingo a lot more (use a Dredge). And the ICR is kinda eh when the Razorback is a thing.

The Razorback has the best handling among the SMGs - best sprintout, best ads time.

The only real difference I've noticed since the patch changes in slightly sweatier lobbies against good players is more SMG variety, less 100% Vespers. The Vesper/VMP still get used a lot, but I think some of those are from people who didn't get the memo - they often get wrecked by ARs or medium range subs, where before the Vesper could lol@u and still kill you.

ARs are unchanged though, and a handful of good pubbies have figured out the Dredge is a terrifying murderbeast. So the long range game looks like M8/XR2/Dredge. Also run into a handful of competent Manowar users who were surprisingly good. Occasionally a good Sheiva user, I tend to think of them as snipers who gave up on sniping :v:

The KN is really solid but... I dunno, not the gun for me I think. It is great suppressed, and retains damage well, and has bullshit flinch two shot kills with HighCal, but that left/right recoil just blows, and I find it really inconsistent at a distance. It drives me crazy against good players almost exclusively because of that two hit flinch kill when you ambush them up close. It's meh at a distance, which puts it in an awkward place ttk/rof/range wise.

Otherwise the guns I don't really give a poo poo about seeing in another players hands, good or otherwise are the HVK, ICR, and Weevil. Not a bad list I'd say, they managed to get most of the guns close enough to be worth using.

Uh. Barring the shotguns, where the Brecci is wildly superior to the other options. I guess the Argus has an edge for single target, but the Brecci has the best combination of kill time, range, and multi target capability. The KRM is just too inconsistent, the Haymaker is a worse Brecci and has the distinction of being the slowest killing gun in the game.

Don't care about snipers :v: Never once ran into a sniper where I was like 'oh poo poo, look out, that guy has a sniper!!!'. Anything a good-to-great sniper can do, an average-to-good burst rifle user can do just as well.

Reminder that for burst guns, you want some combination of Recon, Rapid Fire, and/or Grip, they all help get shots on target to improve your odds of a one burst at range, and less frequent three bursts.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

report from most recent patch on ps4: VMP still OP and slays ridiculously easily at all ranges

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stux posted:

report from most recent patch on ps4: VMP still OP and slays ridiculously easily at all ranges

I am absolute garbage with that gun. It should be second only to the Vesper in kill times and better at a distance, but I can't hit the broadside of a loving barn with it. Something about the irons in combination with the recoil pattern.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

victrix posted:

I am absolute garbage with that gun. It should be second only to the Vesper in kill times and better at a distance, but I can't hit the broadside of a loving barn with it. Something about the irons in combination with the recoil pattern.

Ew, irons. ELO or get out.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Stux posted:

i think the pharo and kuda are both better long range. care to weigh in??

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Deviant posted:

Ew, irons. ELO or get out.

Sights on SMGs are for scrubs :smugdog:

My current favorite build remains 6 perks and a gun though. It's auto scaling difficulty! Against lovely players I get to use suppressed Dingos, and against good players I get 3-4 attachment SMGs and ARs!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

dddddouble post

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Does nobody use the P06 on PS4?Or the Shevia? How are burst guns considered good. Well the M8 is fine but the XR sucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok gonna do the VMP master class again here:

afterburner, gung ho and fast hands. fast mags and quickdraw + a third of your choice (laser or long barrel really). play the game like its quake 3 with jet packs. do not touch the ground. in one on one encounters get up in the air. go round every corner in a slide or wall running or flying. if you meet someone head on at range commit to one of three options and learn when to do which: dump 1/2 to a whole mag down range at them while dodging around on/close to the ground, launch yourself into the air and towards them while firing, or retreat and flank. for longer range aiming you have to do what macys called me out on (and i didnt even realise this) and wiggle that poo poo over them left and right/in circles while moving. dont try and line up targets like its an AR, keep moving and rely on increased mobility + the spray pattern. even without the laser the hipfire on the thing is pretty crazy and reliable at a surprising distance (still firmly short range but more than youd expect). unsight and resight to adjust your aim more than a couple of mm to get back on them faster than they will get on you.

like long range really is all about that split second decision. you need to either be already 1/4 way through a mag by the time they fire, closing the distance at speed and in a way which makes you hard to hit or leaving the engagement and looping back around. you live and die on your reaction time and it basically turns it into an arena shooter.

you really have to get into a different mindset if what youve been using is ARs/LMGs or even the other SMGs.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You just described the Brecci, not the VMP

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

victrix posted:

You just described the Brecci, not the VMP

similar playstyle with the caveat that you can actually go for mid to long range kills with the VMP if youre quick/know when its applicable

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VMP is bad please post some good classes, tia.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I am surprised you don't use stock, what with its huge movement buff.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

RBX posted:

Does nobody use the P06 on PS4?Or the Shevia? How are burst guns considered good. Well the M8 is fine but the XR sucks.

There are Shieva users but more players have caught onto the Drakon on PS4, which is easier to use and doesn't require Long Barrel and High Cal.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hackan Slash posted:

I am surprised you don't use stock, what with its huge movement buff.

you dont slow down when ADS if ur not on the floor :ssh:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Stux posted:

you dont slow down when ADS if ur not on the floor :ssh:

when I found out last night that concussions dont really do poo poo when someone is wall running I got Mad As Hell

Guni
Mar 11, 2010

Mill Village posted:

Which gun are you using? Apparently Treyarch stealth nerfed the ADS time of a bunch of guns. The Kuda is almost as slow as the Dingo now. :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/4510x5/changes_to_ads_time_or_how_the_kuda_became_the/

Mill Village posted:

Which gun are you using? Apparently Treyarch stealth nerfed the ADS time of a bunch of guns. The Kuda is almost as slow as the Dingo now. :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/4510x5/changes_to_ads_time_or_how_the_kuda_became_the/

The Kuda :(

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Stux posted:

ok gonna do the VMP master class again here:

afterburner, gung ho and fast hands. fast mags and quickdraw + a third of your choice (laser or long barrel really). play the game like its quake 3 with jet packs. do not touch the ground. in one on one encounters get up in the air. go round every corner in a slide or wall running or flying. if you meet someone head on at range commit to one of three options and learn when to do which: dump 1/2 to a whole mag down range at them while dodging around on/close to the ground, launch yourself into the air and towards them while firing, or retreat and flank. for longer range aiming you have to do what macys called me out on (and i didnt even realise this) and wiggle that poo poo over them left and right/in circles while moving. dont try and line up targets like its an AR, keep moving and rely on increased mobility + the spray pattern. even without the laser the hipfire on the thing is pretty crazy and reliable at a surprising distance (still firmly short range but more than youd expect). unsight and resight to adjust your aim more than a couple of mm to get back on them faster than they will get on you.

like long range really is all about that split second decision. you need to either be already 1/4 way through a mag by the time they fire, closing the distance at speed and in a way which makes you hard to hit or leaving the engagement and looping back around. you live and die on your reaction time and it basically turns it into an arena shooter.

you really have to get into a different mindset if what youve been using is ARs/LMGs or even the other SMGs.

can confirm, is good even with other perks. play like a flying spinning smg deathmachine.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Deviant posted:

I have 50s arriving today, if that helps I can report back?

Sure.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The flow chart is dumb. Proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuYOpsoh-0w

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
Either cha-cha or partyvan asked last night in chat how many slots are in the expanded class set. I can confirm that the expanded class set matches the number of slots unlocked through prestige.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

KING BONG posted:

Either cha-cha or partyvan asked last night in chat how many slots are in the expanded class set. I can confirm that the expanded class set matches the number of slots unlocked through prestige.

It was me and that firms up me purchasing. It will be nice to have different load outs for different game types. From what I understand you can't change to different banks of expanded slots while in a match, just at the beginning. Confirm/deny. Regardless, definitely a purchase after my next (last) prestige.

I seriously cannot believe I've prestiged nine times in this loving game. I've never made it past the second prestige in any call of duty game before.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

housefly posted:

From what I understand you can't change to different banks of expanded slots while in a match, just at the beginning. Confirm/deny.

Deny, sort of - you can't change your class set at all during a match, not even at the beginning.

It uses the class set you last looked at in Create a Class.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah you always have the default set of classes and whichever active set you were on. It seriously owns but man does it suck to set up after a prestige. I bought it a while back and don't regret it one bit. I have classes for pretty much every gun I'm playing in various setups based on whatever game mode were playing.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah you always have the default set of classes and whichever active set you were on. It seriously owns but man does it suck to set up after a prestige. I bought it a while back and don't regret it one bit. I have classes for pretty much every gun I'm playing in various setups based on whatever game mode were playing.

That's why I'm going to hold off until after my 10th prestige. I'm at level 47, so there's little to no reason to buy it now. Also I'm curious if I'll stay so engaged after I hit master prestige.

So what you're saying is that you always get to choose from the default 10 plus whatever 10 you were looking at last in create a class - so 20 to choose from in a given match? Can you name the banks of 10 or just the classes inside them?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

housefly posted:

That's why I'm going to hold off until after my 10th prestige. I'm at level 47, so there's little to no reason to buy it now. Also I'm curious if I'll stay so engaged after I hit master prestige.

So what you're saying is that you always get to choose from the default 10 plus whatever 10 you were looking at last in create a class - so 20 to choose from in a given match? Can you name the banks of 10 or just the classes inside them?

Each group operates as its own separate tab of class setups. You can copy entire tabs, but not individual setups between tabs.
Also, you can name the tabs to make them custom, just like the classes.

e: it is the only thing I regret from the first prestige so far is that I have 10 loving tabs of the default classes now.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 11, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Suggestions, recommendations?

Tempted to shrink the lettering some more, to add a fourth line in parentheses saying 'baka' (fool).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not enough anime eyes.

Or giant anime tits.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
http://www.twitch.tv/mistermacys

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

It must be Christmas, I destroyed two power cores in one night. One more to go!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

thebushcommander posted:

Speaking of Dedicated / Non-Dedicated servers... Didn't COD used to pause the game and move everyone to another player host mid-round if connection to the original host was lost/they quit? Is this just a console thing? On PC I always just get kicked back to the pre-lobby menu with an error telling me I lost connection to the host.
BO3 PC is exclusively dedicated servers (with supposedly a P2P fallback, it won't get used unless you're in like Antarctica or something though)

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I guess he didn't like me jumpshotting?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Mister Macys posted:

Suggestions, recommendations?

Tempted to shrink the lettering some more, to add a fourth line in parentheses saying 'baka' (fool).

you need the anime outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So people are getting mad and calling the new weapons Pay to Win.

I dunno.

• Locked thread