Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arkane posted:

Not yet.

Someone inside the campaign is talking to reporters. They all exploded simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Trump's momentum from NH and large lead polling from the 27th of last month made me put just about all my money into him. I don't think Cruz will be able to close a gap that big in that short of time. Still, a little anxious about it. I probably should have hedged a bit with Cruz.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Why am I still able to buy Christie dropout shares at .97?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

nachos posted:

Why am I still able to buy Christie dropout shares at .97?

Because technically he hasn't dropped out yet and could withhold his announcement to Saturday

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
loving commenters always kill my action. Blight on humanity.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oh hey all 2000 of my Christie dropout Yes shares went at 98c, nice.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I got back into that market during the dips maxing out at an average of 85 cents. Thanks for the free money, PredictIt. Twice.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I sold my fiorina no shares at 90c and put everything into carson.no :ssh:

sorry if anyone gets hosed..

e: And thanks to whoever sold me 150 shares of carson.no at 84c while I was asleep.

Trash Trick has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Feb 10, 2016

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Just bought 300 shares of Christie No to Dropout, hoping for a technicality like he's not announcing until the 13th. C'moooooooon technicality!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

Just bought 300 shares of Christie No to Dropout, hoping for a technicality like he's not announcing until the 13th. C'moooooooon technicality!

quote:

On or before February 12, 2016, Chris Christie shall publicly announce the suspension or termination of his candidacy or of his active campaigning for president or for the Republican nomination for president in the 2016 election, and shall implement and maintain such suspension or termination for a period of at least five days without resumption of campaigning or announcing plans to resume such candidacy. Qualifying announcements may be made verbally or in writing by the candidate, the candidate’s campaign committee, or an authorized representative of such committee. Such announcement need not be accompanied by filing of a termination report or any other documents with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

Sounds like a solid YES but I wish you luck on your lottery ticket.

Also, man, the last few weeks have been great. Thanks everyone in this thread for explaining how the real trick is riding expectation waves. I've been making small incremental gains like crazy and am now up 36% over my initial investment, and that's after some early losses.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Well my Hillary Nevada Noes sold for as much as 43c. drat, it's been a strong few days!

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Vox Nihili posted:

Well my Hillary Nevada Noes sold for as much as 43c. drat, it's been a strong few days!

Oh poo poo. How much did you buy them at? I take it the sharp increase in price was due to Bernie's win in NH?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

UnoriginalMind posted:

Oh poo poo. How much did you buy them at? I take it the sharp increase in price was due to Bernie's win in NH?

23c average. The price has bounced around a lot. I think it's back below 40c now. Nevada is a huge question mark so no one really understands what's going on and the slightest wind could blow the market over.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

There are still shares at 99 cents for Trump winning NH. 69 thousand have traded already today, so even if those available go now, its probable you will get filled if you want to buy some. 1% return for a days work is still decent.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Vox Nihili posted:

23c average. The price has bounced around a lot. I think it's back below 40c now. Nevada is a huge question mark so no one really understands what's going on and the slightest wind could blow the market over.

That's why I've been staying away from it for the time being. I might jump in a week before on the 20th, but there's practically nothing out there in terms of data. Good trade, though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Christie officially dropped out. RIP $9.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

a cop posted:

Oh well! I like doing one longshot a month. I'm also a little happy after I lost 100 on Kasich and made it all back playing with fallout.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

UnoriginalMind posted:

That's why I've been staying away from it for the time being. I might jump in a week before on the 20th, but there's practically nothing out there in terms of data. Good trade, though.

For what it's worth (not much) Hillary won NV in '08.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Necc0 posted:

For what it's worth (not much) Hillary won NV in '08.

I'm fairly confident she'll be the winner. If the shares are about where they are now on the 20th, I might jump in. I figure polling is going to skew her into the 70-80 range.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Crossposting from Rep thread.

I bought up a bunch of Cruz in SC, GA, AL, and OK. I feel like 3rd place in NH was a clear win for his narrative/base, but his name has been completely drowned out on news the last week due to the establishment cluster

Between that creating a lack of attention to his outperformance, and the amount of money he's putting into the traditional ground game stuff across the entire south, I'm a (sad, sad) believer in the Cruz missile

Conventional wisdom says ground game scales better than Trump's rallies once you get into geographically larger states, and once you reach super tuesday, when so many votes happen at the same time across the country. This is very risky given he's not cheap anywhere, but I feel like at least a handful of these have a chance of hitting

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

a cop posted:

Oh well! I like doing one longshot a month. I'm also a little happy after I lost 100 on Kasich and made it all back playing with fallout.

He has still not officially dropped out.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

Ah ok yeah, I was posting in regards to headlines saying "Christie drops out" but I guess I can't find an official quote. Hm.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
It's happening later this afternoon y'all. He needed time to field the best possible deals from the other campaigns. :)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Arkane posted:

Well we'll see if he doesn't make the official announcement for a while then; I've got 9 bucks essentially in a furnace already so no big whoop.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
There is a man in the comments with 600 shares of Hillary NO in SC. Good way to lose eighty dollars, I guess?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Well we'll see if he doesn't make the official announcement for a while then; I've got 9 bucks essentially in a furnace already so no big whoop.

I put my last 30 available cents in :toot:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

UnoriginalMind posted:

There is a man in the comments with 600 shares of Hillary NO in SC. Good way to lose eighty dollars, I guess?
This is just my position on that contest but yes, great way to lose your money. SC is not Bernie friendly.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Motherfucking Carly

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Made quite a lot on that Carly contract

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
CARRRRRRRLYYYYYYY

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm sorry to anyone who died :ohdear:

What a piece of poo poo though! "we will move forward" *drops out the next day*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

a cop posted:

I'm sorry to anyone who died :ohdear:

rip my cash

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmaooo carly broke up with america via text

i dodged that bullet and earned 15%

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Here's hoping Chris Christie waits a couple days before announcing he's out.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Ah gently caress. Lost eighty dollars.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Establishment needs to consolidate and she's still eating too much of the pie. Not shocked.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

That was a cool $50 buying carly shares on that news break. Thanks twitter!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
God damnit. Carson don't you gently caress me too.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Necc0 posted:

God damnit. Carson don't you gently caress me too.

I would absolutely bet the farm on Carson. SC has a bunch of religious dudes and like I said, if anything he'll want to gently caress over Cruz by siphoning as many votes as possible. He's very friendly with Trump and straight up called Cruz a two faced piece of poo poo after the 'Carson is dropping out' fiasco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Realllllly hope none of you invested hundreds of dollars in Fiorina staying in. I know I stayed off that wagon.

Missed the profit, though. 11 minutes late. Hope some of you got in on that feeding frenzy.

• Locked thread