Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This has been the only time when I've realized how tedious it is to farm vials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

so I beat all the dlcs and talked to vendrick and got his blessing... soooooo he cured the undead curse right? So there's no reason to have a Dark Souls 3? DS3 is confirmed to be fanfiction?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SciFiDownBeat posted:

so I beat all the dlcs and talked to vendrick and got his blessing... soooooo he cured the undead curse right? So there's no reason to have a Dark Souls 3? DS3 is confirmed to be fanfiction?

i think it's sort of the opposite, you can't break the cycle, and whatever vendrick wrecked his country trying to do only works if you wear a specific crown. so it's basically useless. it's the recurring theme of the series that you can't beat nature (the curse, the dying of the fire, humanity's brutality), and people who try are fools. i think that's what aldia says? it's been a while since i've played.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

This has been the only time when I've realized how tedious it is to farm vials

its perhaps my only complaint about bloodborne. and maybe the huge dudes not being a lot of fun to fight

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the blood vial farming is one of the only complaints you can legitimately have about bloodborne and even that got kinda fixed when they changed the max stored vials from 99 to 600

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
once you get to defiled dungeons you can basically run through a whole root version and have enough echoes to buy 300 vials at a time, but yeah, it's more tedious than it should be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My strat was stacking the echoes boosting tunes and running through the top of the nightmare of mensis for 100k echoes each run

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I'd go to margo's middle loft section where the three pigs are. You can get tons of echoes in a few minutes there.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new amana shrine is a lot more interesting but impossible to just run through and skip everything now when youre frustrated

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

small hendren posted:

I'd go to margo's middle loft section where the three pigs are. You can get tons of echoes in a few minutes there.

Always make the pigs and the shadows fight :bloodborne::hellyeah:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killing the singing ladies and the swamp bloodclaw things both produce smooth stones..makes u think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need more smooth stones to try and roll for a faint stone early but I don't think it's gonna happen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i keep posting here instead of in the other thread sorry

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysVD6_xhvIs
Thats pretty clever lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the sheer amount of stuff you can do in these games w/ some imagination is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Xp0bZP0Us

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ive finally 100%ed bloodborne on ng and ng++++ including dlc and got my damage number above 1000 unbuffed. ive done a million coops on every boss and invaded everyones world twice. ive beaten the game and i still cant stop playing it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

scary ghost dog posted:

ive finally 100%ed bloodborne on ng and ng++++ including dlc and got my damage number above 1000 unbuffed. ive done a million coops on every boss and invaded everyones world twice. ive beaten the game and i still cant stop playing it

My man :beerpal:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im doing a beast claw build any pointers?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Rock the augur for parries.

R2 combo is strong. Running R2 has huge hit boxes. Jumping R2 is really nice too. I never used jumping attacks before my claw run.

Don't bother with the temp beast transform runes. They literally only add like +50 for a couple minutes. A waste. Run stamina and hp IMO. Maybe double stamina.

The L2 scream doesn't have as much knock back as the beast roar but it does build the meter a little. You can hit multiple enemies at once or use it on their bodies. Idk if it reflects projectiles like the beast roar does.

Claws can be buffed.

I found out that the cursed -60 weapon durability gems don't really stack and/or it doesn't matter. Wearing one or two -60 durability just means your weapon goes down by 1 durability EVERY swing. Can be useful for bosses if most of your gems suck or have bad combos (like -beast or something for beast bosses)

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 11, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

im doing a beast claw build any pointers?

im doing one at the moment, but its a no parry run. playing unlocked is nice since you move fast. i actually think the jumping attack isnt very good, you have to really land on the enemy to do full damage with it, but its nice for killing birds and snakes and stuff. i havent used the l2 yet, maybe i will use it for ebrietas or micolash or something.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

same and then when the DLC came out i played it and then again in NG+ and im itching for another run with a new char. bloodborne is so good

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I killed rom after about 10 tries. Feels good but I've heard the game gets even harder at this point

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

same

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Pookum posted:

I killed rom after about 10 tries. Feels good but I've heard the game gets even harder at this point

If you've made it past Rom you should be able to take on anything after him, ability-wise. There aren't many new techniques to learn after that.

10 tries on Rom though... What killed you?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Th spiders and the arcane bolts are what killed me, fursonally

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
check out this little detail i just noticed:

if you kill an enemy and splatter their blood all over the ground, if the blood lands on a message then the messengers will have little blood stains on their hats

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
The blood physics and splatters in general are really freaking cool in BB. Killed some enemy with a swing from left to right and there was a huge splatter on the wall. Could bring CSI in there and they could tell what weapon, at what speed and in which direction I swung.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

im doing one at the moment, but its a no parry run. playing unlocked is nice since you move fast. i actually think the jumping attack isnt very good, you have to really land on the enemy to do full damage with it, but its nice for killing birds and snakes and stuff. i havent used the l2 yet, maybe i will use it for ebrietas or micolash or something.

jumping attack is awesome for closing minor distances

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

jumping attack is awesome for closing minor distances

well, most jumping attacks are. but the beast claws version isnt very good in my opinion. plus your roll travels further anyway.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

I.N.R.I posted:

well, most jumping attacks are. but the beast claws version isnt very good in my opinion. plus your roll travels further anyway.

agree with this but it does look badass though

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If you aren't hitting stuff with flaming beast claws I'm smdh

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tryin to play sotfs after 300 hours of bloodborne and holy poo poo this game is boring. Even without armor and a shield

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

If you aren't hitting stuff with flaming beast claws I'm smdh

i like bolt paper, u look like paarl.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Foxhound posted:

If you've made it past Rom you should be able to take on anything after him, ability-wise. There aren't many new techniques to learn after that.

10 tries on Rom though... What killed you?

Mostly dodging away from bolts and into spiders. At first I was trying to kill all the spiders which is why I died so much.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Pookum posted:

Mostly dodging away from bolts and into spiders. At first I was trying to kill all the spiders which is why I died so much.

Rom was surprisingly hard for me the first few times because of this, the rock spiders do a lot of damage when they fall on you

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
After having no problem with Logarius in my 1st playthru, I've now died to him 20+ times in a row on my new character

But when I get home tonight, I'm going to kill him

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what was your build/main wep when you beat him the first time versus now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Rom was surprisingly hard for me the first few times because of this, the rock spiders do a lot of damage when they fall on you

The spiders can like block you or have high defense from the front. If you get behind them they are really easy to kill. Of course as I learned you don't need to kill a single one.