Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007

raditts posted:

There is probably a not insignificant number of people that would be going nostalgia crazy even if Netflix rebooted Small Wonder.

I would watch that or a reboot of Alf long before watching this Full House nonsense.

Lycus posted:

It's possible that we give Netflix too much money, but oh well, more Daredevil's comin'.

When they announce the Cop Rock reboot you'll know we've given them too much money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Netflix should prove their superiority to traditional TV by picking up amazing pilots regular TV passed on. Give us full seasons of Dog Police and Heat Vision and Jack, Netflix!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

smg77 posted:

I would watch that or a reboot of Alf long before watching this Full House nonsense.

Too true, I especially hate it when a show ends on a cliffhanger.

They could finally resolve whether Willie Tanner is a crack addict who fucks homeless dudes or not.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Broad City is back next Wednesday, here's the S3 trailer.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yaaaaaas quuuuuueeeeeeeen.

Imagine I'm not too lazy to find the appropriate gif and pasted it here. Phone postin.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

You guys wanna hear a hotass take from me?

The Last Kingdom is what Vikings tried to be and failed.

Cool! is it streaming anywhere?

EDIT: Since this is the second time I've asked a where is it streaming question, what's the best place you guys to find out whether something is playing on Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Nah, but it's 20 bucks for the season on iTunes/Amazon. 8 hour long episodes so like 10-11 regular American TV episodes.

I don't dislike Vikings but it's just kind of eh to me. Last Kingdom is gripping.

quote:

EDIT: Since this is the second time I've asked a where is it streaming question, what's the best place you guys to find out whether something is playing on Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix?

Yeah I log into the app and check. I think that a site that answers that question would be outstanding, but I don't know of one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

I don't dislike Vikings but it's just kind of eh to me. Last Kingdom is gripping.

Did you see the most recent season.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Shageletic posted:

It's streaming on netflix Canada if the VPN still works.

Can't wait.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

Did you see the most recent season.

No but we don't really have similar TV tastes, do we.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Shageletic posted:

Since this is the second time I've asked a where is it streaming question, what's the best place you guys to find out whether something is playing on Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix?

I use the CaniStreamIt app. It's not 100% reliable and the layout is kind of weird for me, but it's good enough for most things.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

No but we don't really have similar TV tastes, do we.

I don't know?

But the most recent season of Vikings was ridiculously over the top filled with violence. I was kind of lukewarm at best about the show until last season.

I liked Last Kingdom too, I have the rest of it on my DVR to get to.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It was always atrocious.

Indeed. It looks exactly like it did years ago. If you liked it then and don't like that it's you that changed (for the better) not the show.

zoux posted:

You guys wanna hear a hotass take from me?

The Last Kingdom is what Vikings tried to be and failed.

Vikings is great. Last Kingdom was good enough filler between seasons of Vikings.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Last Kingdom has a really strong start and badass ending. The middle 3-4 episodes are completely forgettable.

Why are so many vikings named Ragnar anyway? For a moment I thought they were supposed to be the same guy.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

the triumph election special is loving great

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Is Vinyl going to be a good HBO show or a bad HBO show?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's Terrence Winter and Scorsese again (Boardwalk Empire) so it will probably be kinda good.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I really like Canavale so I have high hopes for Vinyl.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

The Last Kingdom has a really strong start and badass ending. The middle 3-4 episodes are completely forgettable.

Why are so many vikings named Ragnar anyway? For a moment I thought they were supposed to be the same guy.

I'm not that familiar with the Cromwell books, but I think they are supposed to be the same guy (or at least the one in Last Kingdom is related to him or something)

But to answer your question Ragnar Lothbrok is sort of the viking Jesus, it's debated whether or not he actually existed, but Vikings is based almost entirely in legend, intermingled with historical events that are associated with completely different people (like the way he enters Paris by dressing up as a monk). So Vikings is basically historical fantasy, and I think Last Kingdom purports to be more realistic but they still take a number of liberties since the records from that era are very vague at best.

But because the two shows take place close to one another there's some overlap as well. I believe the prince character in Last Kingdom is actually supposed to be the son or grandson of Ęthelwulf from Vikings.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 11, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTzycsqxYJ0

:confuoot:

season will absolutely end with Frank and Claire setting aside their differences to take on the new opponent.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

the triumph election special is loving great

Hooly gently caress. Warning: do not watch this while drinking any liquid, if you value your keyboard.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

season will absolutely end with Frank and Claire setting aside their differences to take on the new opponent.

british houseofcardsman was the villain because he was powerhungry and manipulative but american houseofcardsman is the hero because he is powerhungry and manipulative

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that bugs me about this current story arc in Suits is that the prosecutor is actually right about Mike and everything everyone has done but they made her into a complete crazy person who breaks every rule of law in prosecuting the case.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Last season was the least interesting season but I am still totally ready to see more of this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Something that bugs me about this current story arc in Suits is that the prosecutor is actually right about Mike and everything everyone has done but they made her into a complete crazy person who breaks every rule of law in prosecuting the case.

I guess you kind of have no other choice when you finally go for that with your premise. You can't just have them completely right and lock away your fake lawyer character forever.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

House of Cards needs to go back in time IMO, show Frank back in Congress.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
oh poo poo, Walking Dead and Better Call Saul both come back next week. Good TV times ahoy!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^ drat this is a genius-level troll post (I assume)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
BCS is legitimately dope, even if Walking Dead is kind of bad

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want more Saul in Better Call Saul not Mike.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BUTT posted:

BCS is legitimately dope, even if Walking Dead is kind of bad

The difference in quality between the two shows is what I think the troll was

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I enjoy both shows

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

I want more Saul in Better Call Saul not Mike.
I agree. I'm with Mike stealing away the show once in a while but I swear all the BB fanboys love Mike way too much or something. I do hope Gilligan can surprise me with Mike because at this point I feel like his character is set and literally just jumps along until they can get Gus on screen again and roll his eyes occasionally when Saul gets deep in poo poo and needs an assist.

It's called Better Call Saul for a goddamn reason.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

blue squares posted:

Hooly gently caress. Warning: do not watch this while drinking any liquid, if you value your keyboard.

The bit with the college students was amazing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This Triumph Election Special is loving legendary, oh my god.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

man I just finished season 3 like 4 hours ago talk about appropriate timing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed about Mike in BCS, the episode centred around him was probably one of my least favourite of the season even though it was still really great etc

Lord_Of_Overstock
Sep 26, 2015
I just finished the final season of Mad Men, and what a satisfying ending. I honestly cried at some parts in the final few episodes. I'm not sure what to do right now, and I mean that in the best way.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm not sure I'm ready to forgive Triumph for that... sitcom? If that's what they want to call it. You also needed to stay away from liquid while watching that one, but mainly to avoid temptation of pouring it over yourself and lighting a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah there's like 3 different police departments that want to talk to him.

The Olsen twins chose not to return, apparently. They're not busy, they just don't want to do it. One of them quit acting like 10 years ago too.

They actually run their own clothing line and make more of a fortune from doing that than they ever would in acting. It just seems like they aged out of it and wanted to go on and do their own poo poo, which you can't really blame them for.

Anyway, Mad Dogs is pretty legit, and I'm surprised there's not more discussion about it. It's a lot better than the original one at least, which - as the creator admits - burned through plot in the first series because he didn't think it was ever going to go longer than that.

• Locked thread