Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

TheTofuShop posted:

Is Han good? He was the first place I put my arena points (because he's Han), but I haven't been spending them on him since. I like his bluff ability but I don't seem to trigger it often.

Kind of. His turn manipulation skills are arguably better than Poe. His only real weakness was his speed but that will get offset by Ackbar's leadership.

Zotix posted:

So the free energy is 45 energy. Don't go too crazzzzy there.

Also, since you can get Vader shards from the shard shop, does anything think actually trying to max Vader is a good idea?

I'm not sure if they've reversed it but Vader's 6* and onwards are suppose to be nerfed since some people found a way to abuse the achievements and farm his shards to 7*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
45 energy for the midday refills but they can't throw us a 30 energy cantina refill for one of them?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

CubsWoo posted:

45 energy for the midday refills but they can't throw us a 30 energy cantina refill for one of them?

Hey hey beggars can't be choosers, I'm very happy we're getting basically a full energy refill a day now.

Back to Arena, I like how there are tons of teams in my top 50 who randomly threw a Poe in to try and stop attacks. Regular Sid/Lumi/Phasma,Daka or Kylo/ Poe teams don't scare anyone guys

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

oops wrong forum posted:

Hey hey beggars can't be choosers, I'm very happy we're getting basically a full energy refill a day now.

Back to Arena, I like how there are tons of teams in my top 50 who randomly threw a Poe in to try and stop attacks. Regular Sid/Lumi/Phasma,Daka or Kylo/ Poe teams don't scare anyone guys

If I wasn't grinding to try to get a 5* Jedi team to get the shards for Yoda I'd put a properly geared 4* Poe on my final Arena team of the day just to discourage people who might see the portrait and move on.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

CubsWoo posted:

If I wasn't grinding to try to get a 5* Jedi team to get the shards for Yoda I'd put a properly geared 4* Poe on my final Arena team of the day just to discourage people who might see the portrait and move on.

If anything I think a *4 Poe would bring attacks on, a lot of people just don't fully understand what he does and just use him whenever and would try to attack you seeing the low stars. A 4* g8 Poe is like 85% as good as a 7*, he just can't take a lot of punishment but still has the same effect.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

25% HP steal on Greedo is doing amazing things for my GW clears

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

I'm hanging out in the 40's right now with a 6-star Poe on my team. I'm ~3k power under everyone around me. No one is stepping to.

I can't wait until I've got a 7-star Qui-gon driving this bus.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
When you use the "Find" option on gear you need and then do the level it will show you how man you have/need for that piece of gear when you get it. That's possibly the best part of this update.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jibo posted:

When you use the "Find" option on gear you need and then do the level it will show you how man you have/need for that piece of gear when you get it. That's possibly the best part of this update.
No, that's Lumi's new stance.

Also that happens for shards you're searching for.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

LMAO they broke QGJ in the update and his speed bonus is giving way more than intended. Supposed to be fixed tomorrow but if you wanna have some fun running things over with QGJ-led Jedi for the next few hours have at it!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Huh, is it just me or is Asajjs health steal healing through heal-block? :pirate:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

All health steal goes through heal block. Not sure if it's intended or not with this companies track record.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Genosian Soldier's assist call ability is now a 3-turn cooldown when you used to be able to use it every other turn.

edit: It appears to be a fluctuating bug. If you enter a fight and see a 3 turn cooldown, leave and try a different fight (Arena, GW, or Dark). If it goes back to 2 turn cooldown you should be good.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 10, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Funny arena thing I've noticed after patch, there's no one near me, above rank 40, with Poe in their team after I got pumped down 20 ranks. Everyone that Ran Poe that I noted before patch are now top ranked while people I had noted as not running Poe are near my rating :ms:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is the 100 crystals a day for 21 days for $11 the best way to throw some money at this game? Or do "limited" crystal offers roll through every once in a while?

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
So, I started playing a week ago and the game doesn't seem too terrible for f2p aside from a dozen currencies. The hard part is getting new characters.

If you have room, you can add my ally code 248-324-365

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
For those wanting to farm Jedi:

e: I found this on Reddit

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Malgrin posted:

For those wanting to farm Jedi:

e: I found this on Reddit

I'm new to this game but there are 2 hard modes that farm lumi at the very least.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yeah, I think Barris and lumi are mixed up for hard modes, although I could be wrong and there might be barris hard modes, none are coming to mind at the moment.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Fenris13 posted:

Yeah, I think Barris and lumi are mixed up for hard modes, although I could be wrong and there might be barris hard modes, none are coming to mind at the moment.
She has 2 in DS 5. Lumi actually has 3.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Telex posted:

I'm new to this game but there are 2 hard modes that farm lumi at the very least.

Don't use them, though, just farm her from GW and spend the hard timers on Jedi Consular or Barris.

I think the list most people will eventually flesh out is:

Lumi
Barris
QGJ
Eeth Koth
JC/Mace

You can basically farm all of these at the same time (Please add another Jedi to GW, you fuckers!)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 10, 2016

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Well, I saw this in today's arena.. Must say that being able to see the other persons team helps, and for this particular case funny. Thanks for the easy rank up!(Check the far right group).

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Wow, having a level 60 support buddy removes a progress wall, thanks the three of you that added me.
Even though im level 38, I should be trying to get those female jedi and consular? I'm pretty happy with ranking up my Chewie, he's a furry brick wall now, but I need to unlock more characters.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:L posted:

Well, I saw this in today's arena.. Must say that being able to see the other persons team helps, and for this particular case funny. Thanks for the easy rank up!(Check the far right group).

I wonder if he's tanking for the GW ease... it doesn't work that way, buddy.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Party Meiser posted:

Wow, having a level 60 support buddy removes a progress wall, thanks the three of you that added me.
Even though im level 38, I should be trying to get those female jedi and consular? I'm pretty happy with ranking up my Chewie, he's a furry brick wall now, but I need to unlock more characters.

I just saw that I had an extra ally spot. Enjoy the extra heroes.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

EDIT: Okay, here's the official word: The March 15th was a typo and WAS NOT INTENTIONAL
The Yoda event will run for a week and will disappear. It will come back at LEAST once a month

That's from one of the Dev's. It really seems like the leadership on this dev team has no organization. They are also claiming they couldn't have caught the multiplicative speed bug without the community's help.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

EDIT: Okay, here's the official word: The March 15th was a typo and WAS NOT INTENTIONAL
The Yoda event will run for a week and will disappear. It will come back at LEAST once a month

That's from one of the Dev's. It really seems like the leadership on this dev team has no organization. They are also claiming they couldn't have caught the multiplicative speed bug without the community's help.

Well, that's what happens when you don't have a real test team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"QA? What the gently caress is that?" - Some dipshit at EA, probably.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

To be fair, the dev team itself appear to be a bunch of passionate* guys that actually play their game when they have time and come across as pretty nice in their communication with the (not entirely great) fanbase, it's just that they are under EA** for everything that has to do with the F2P/P2P design and QA parts.

*=!Great at balancing, but hey

**I'm uncertain if the men in matching black suits, goatees and weird skin patterns on their abnormally long necks are actually employed by the devs or by EA.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 10, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Is Yoda going to be awesome enough to waste arena tokens on Koth, that is the question....

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

If I have Luma at 7* , JC and Ashoka at 5*, and QGJ at 2*. Will I even be able to start the challenge?

I'm 10 shards away from unlocking JKG and 45 shards from Eeth Koth, but I really don't want to devote arena stuff towards him.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Don't use them, though, just farm her from GW and spend the hard timers on Jedi Consular or Barris.

I think the list most people will eventually flesh out is:

Lumi
Barris
QGJ
Eeth Koth
JC/Mace

You can basically farm all of these at the same time (Please add another Jedi to GW, you fuckers!)
Eh, it's 2 of JC/Mace/Barriss.

I'm skipping Yoda, going to keep an option open on Nightsisters, who are just as easy as Jedi (Arena, GW, Cantina Credits, 2 Cantina Battles although Acolyte has 0 hard missions) with an eye to Rebels and hoping for Scoundrels to get a non-Whale, non-Cantina Credit alternative to Mob Enforcer. FO and Resistance are both GW/CC/CB/2 Hard Mode but Resistance Trooper, Rey, FOTP are all decent on their own merits (and I'm coming around on FO Stormtrooper if swgohcantina is correct that his basic attack is 50% more damage than Fives's), and I guess Shard Shop will help convert GW credits I don't otherwise want... at an 800:1 shard ratio. Just 264,000 GW shards to fully upgrade the shop-exclusive character!

Sith require Darth Maul and Vader, Empire requires Tarkin or Vader (and Veers, ugh), not enough Clones, Jawas, Ewoks, Tuskens, Geonosians, or Droids. If Jedi are repeating monthly I'm guessing it'll be Jedi, First Order, Resistance, and Nightsister on rotation for a while? Or will there not be an event except one week per month?

And finally, server maintenance in the hour leading up to my prize allocation... I'm going to get stuck in 51-100 again I just know it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

SpclKen posted:

If I have Luma at 7* , JC and Ashoka at 5*, and QGJ at 2*. Will I even be able to start the challenge?

I'm 10 shards away from unlocking JKG and 45 shards from Eeth Koth, but I really don't want to devote arena stuff towards him.
Cantina Credits are more precious than Arena credits for now unless you really, really love droids. And Eeth won't be terrible now that you can choose to include him based on the enemy's composition.

edit: meet Rex

kaschei fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 10, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Man, so hard to win in arena these days, despite my team over 27.5k in power. No matter what lineup I try, their Poe goes first and then their team wipes out mine. Not sure what to even do. I wish we were able to practice. There's not much counter to Poe's turn reduction/taunt unless you out-speed him (or do the same and go first). I just pick on teams w/o a Poe and get easy wins in order to finish in top 5. Thank goodness for that one Poe-less team!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
HAHA, someone tried to snipe me out of top 50 today.

Eat poo poo, I beat your rear end with less than a minute remaining.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
Tried this game last night. Actually thought it was really fun. I guess i have underestimated mobile games. It has a good bit of depth.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Chilichimp posted:

"QA? What the gently caress is that?" - Some dipshit at EA, probably.
That's every mobile game. No need for QA, they will just poo poo out Galaxy of Heroes 2

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can anyone tell my why sometimes I don't get offense up when dispelling an enemy buff with QGJ? poo poo just cost me an arena match. It doesn't say there's a chance to get offense up. I definitely dispelled the buff, just didn't get offense up.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zotix posted:

Can anyone tell my why sometimes I don't get offense up when dispelling an enemy buff with QGJ? poo poo just cost me an arena match. It doesn't say there's a chance to get offense up. I definitely dispelled the buff, just didn't get offense up.

If you kill the enemy, then you don't get credit for dispelling the buff. Also if it's advantage the initial hit can remove it before the buff removal triggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So they ninja nerfed Poe's speed from 143 to 142. Also a new Jedi bundle that is complete garbage. Lol. Forums are having a field day with this poo poo.

• Locked thread