Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
extremely punchable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's a play on Tanjiahado Lolufamingo and Bisoromi Bear. :ssh:

AnonSpore posted:

That is incredibly bad

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Captain Invictus posted:

what are the official english names for the dog and cat guy

if it's not Cat King and Doglord they have hosed up

In Weekly Shonen Jump they're translated as The Cat Viper and The Dog Viper (and luffy's nickname for Pekoms is "Lion Viper").

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

gnome7 posted:

The Dog Viper

Duke Dogstorm actually.

So wait if the minks knew all along, why was Monkle Sam so upset when the Samurais arrived?

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

F. Lobot posted:

Duke Dogstorm actually.

So wait if the minks knew all along, why was Monkle Sam so upset when the Samurais arrived?

Maybe he just takes his job as lookout extremely seriously.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

what are the official english names for the dog and cat guy

Garfield and Odie

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

all his posts are

would love if they started showing really really bad ones on purpose with each chapter instead of really bad ones that they think are good for some reason with each chapter

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Yeah, I was about to say... :shepface:

Elfgames posted:

yeah but keeping that up the whole way would feel really forced. eventually luffy has to step into his own and bethe pirate king

I'm sorry if it came across that I was implying that all of One Piece should be like that, it's just a personal preference. I also like Dragonball more than DBZ, if that helps. :shobon:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 10, 2016

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Ryaomon posted:

all his posts are

would love if they started showing really really bad ones on purpose with each chapter instead of really bad ones that they think are good for some reason with each chapter

I kinda like that one, there's just something familiar about it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Anime Garfield continues to rule.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That piece of fanart is both way better than any fanart that mangastream has put into chapters in years and better than the actual art in Bleach.

Green Intern posted:

I'm really loving hoping Natalie Portman shows up next chapter.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

My only complaint about this chapter: Usopp's newest addition to the Enelface library got cut off. What the hell, Oda?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
God drat, this might be the single greatest moment since, I dunno, the timeskip? This is basically the country of :zoro:.

I like how Franky is already bawling while the other Strawhats are still wrapping their minds around the reveal. I also enjoyed the cover picture, Water 7 had such a good supporting cast.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Star Platinum posted:

God drat, this might be the single greatest moment since, I dunno, the timeskip? This is basically the country of :zoro:.

I like how Franky is already bawling while the other Strawhats are still wrapping their minds around the reveal. I also enjoyed the cover picture, Water 7 had such a good supporting cast.

Yeah, I'm estimating that from here on out even the regular citizens will be :zoro: as hell down the to last man, woman, and child.

Wano will probably be a country full of bad-asses ruled by an invulnerable despot.

e: What are the Franky Family people reacting to exactly? Franky helping to overthrow Doffy? Or his earlier Vegapunk Lab shenanigans?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Yeah, I'm estimating that from here on out even the regular citizens will be :zoro: as hell down the to last man, woman, and child.

Wano will probably be a country full of bad-asses ruled by an invulnerable despot.

e: What are the Franky Family people reacting to exactly? Franky helping to overthrow Doffy? Or his earlier Vegapunk Lab shenanigans?

The bounty picture. It shows the Franky Shogun. That's... quite a thing even by the standards of his usual inventions.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Darth Walrus posted:

The bounty picture. It shows the Franky Shogun. That's... quite a thing even by the standards of his usual inventions.

Oh okay, sorry. :downs: I thought they were reading a newspaper bulletin, not a copy of the same thing in the background.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Hear me out here, this is a little fanboy speculative, but the members of Franky Family are visibly sweating and shocked, now, most guys, and you'd think especially the engineers of Water 7, love the Shogun and robots in general, they get all starry-eyed and think it's really cool.

Is it possible Franky modeled the Shogun in some way after the plans for Pluton? Possibly some toned-down version? It was never said what Pluton was other than a warship, and I just can't imagine what the Water 7 guys would be so shocked about otherwise, unless I guess they're just thinking Franky went way too far. Consider this my nanomachines entry for the thread.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I thought the gag was since it's his bounty poster, they think General Franky is Franky legit, having finally gone all cyborg.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

brainSnakes posted:

I thought the gag was since it's his bounty poster, they think General Franky is Franky legit, having finally gone all cyborg.

This is a rad way of thinking that I throw my full support behind

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

brainSnakes posted:

This is now my headcanon.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Okay yeah that makes way more sense good job.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Advice posted:

Hear me out here, this is a little fanboy speculative, but the members of Franky Family are visibly sweating and shocked, now, most guys, and you'd think especially the engineers of Water 7, love the Shogun and robots in general, they get all starry-eyed and think it's really cool.

Is it possible Franky modeled the Shogun in some way after the plans for Pluton? Possibly some toned-down version? It was never said what Pluton was other than a warship, and I just can't imagine what the Water 7 guys would be so shocked about otherwise, unless I guess they're just thinking Franky went way too far. Consider this my nanomachines entry for the thread.

I've always thought that Franky modeled the Thousand Sunny after Pluton.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Green Intern posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the lasagna quip is a direct translation from the original raw or a flourish from the translators?

Star Platinum posted:

I like how Franky is already bawling while the other Strawhats are still wrapping their minds around the reveal.
Franky's reaction was my reaction at the end. :unsmith:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Man, Luffy's face at the end. Minkmen immediately promoted to Nakama4Life. :allears:

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Can Of Worms posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the lasagna quip is a direct translation from the original raw or a flourish from the translators?

From what the english translator has said, it is a pun in Japanese- lasag-nya. Because he's a cat. Nya.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

brainSnakes posted:

I too accept this as the canon explanation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

brainSnakes posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Hell of a thing to have as your bounty poster.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

These nerds, and their recognition on the same philosophy of friendship. can't handle it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Comic posted:

From what the english translator has said, it is a pun in Japanese- lasag-nya. Because he's a cat. Nya.

Oh God, this is amazingly bad, I love you Oda.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Also, he's eating lasagna in the bath, I think.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

This was the translator, so thankfully it has no implication on the Garfield-Catviper origin story.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That fancy feast though.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Rereading the chapter, looks like Luffys prediction of the samurai arrival meaning there will be a consecutive banquet is gonna come true :allears:

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Chapters like this are why I love this series :allears: I genuinely did not see this coming and it was a really nice, emotional moment. Didn't expect to like this arc nearly as much as I am right now!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The only thing missing from this chapter was Franky strumming a guitar while overcome. I miss his guitar.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

F. Lobot posted:

This was the translator, so thankfully it has no implication on the Garfield-Catviper origin story.

I still love that little spoon in his bandaged up giant paws. :allears:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I still love that little spoon in his bandaged up giant paws. :allears:
Didn't his hand get cut off? It's just a stump, now, like Dog Dude's leg.

Oda did a great job for the tense set up and emotional sucker punch. This issue is a reminder of why this is such a great series :D

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
gently caress! I should have called this. I totally thought they were hiding Raizou, mainly because I thought it odd that a Yonkou's right-hand man would waste his time for multiple days on an island unless he were 100% sure the ninja was on the island. I mean, if he's so important, you'd probably want to scour the area for him, not spend time torturing cats while he escapes further? it seemed oddly incompetent for a yonkou.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

KittenofDoom posted:

Didn't his hand get cut off? It's just a stump, now, like Dog Dude's leg.

That makes it even sillier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

brainSnakes posted:

Yes that's the joke

Other goons not getting the joke, shocking