Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

They haven't forgotten the characters. They're all coming back for Blanc vs Zombies.

I literally just got the Scout pack for VII, and it includes her. I specifically mentioned her in the OP I'm working on. I should know Peashy.

e: Also, HDN/RB1 is *technically* canon; it just takes place in Superdimension Gamindustri.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I finally cleared the stupid weapon limiter in EDF2 :toot: Is anyone else still playing?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Schrodingers cat posted:

They're very niche fan-friendly games and if you don't care for one, you won't care for any of them.

Neptunia VII on the PS4 is rapidly approaching Legit Good Game. They finally ironed out the framerate issues and learnt how to do particle effects and dumb-but-fun plotlines.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yo I'm finally purchasing a 64GB card and I just wanted to know if there was anything special I'd have to do like deactivate my account before the switch it whatever. I've already put all my save data up on the cloud and I'll just download all my stuff again because hey I've for fiber why not.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Re-downloading should be all you need to do.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

The truest tragedy.

Also, I'm completely in love with the preorder exclusive outfit.

If the Vita wasn't so retarded when it comes to different region accounts I'd probably preorder it straight from Japan.
This Miku is brutal

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Is Ar Nosurge Plus any good? I have vague memories of liking one of the ar-whatever games for ps2.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Agnostalgia posted:

Is Ar Nosurge Plus any good? I have vague memories of liking one of the ar-whatever games for ps2.

It's OK. The combat isn't particularly clever but it's not quite a masher either. It is anime AF though.

It also helps to know that it's a sequel to ciel no surge, which never left Japan. It might be worth looking up a summary of that to get some idea of what's going on, but then ciel no surge was pretty confusing anyway so who knows.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 11, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

The plot will be kind of inpenetrable to begin with - it relies a little on you knowing the characters from a previous game that was unreleased here - but you'll pick up the important points from inference quick enough that it's pretty much okay. It has a bunch of dumb crafting scenes and some genuinely cool concepts in the second half. You could do a lot worse.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

32gb card came in the mail finally so now I can play some dang Vita games!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

anyone played the Hero Must Die demo on the jp store?

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Substandard posted:

I just went to buy Dungeon Travelers 2 yesterday, and to my delight it was on sale for $20.

Hooray! I've heard this is the best dungeon crawler on the vita if you don't mind excessive fanservice, so I'm looking forward to it.

It's been my go-to RPG for the past month or so and I like it a lot. It's easy to ignore the dippy fanservice after a few hours, and it really scratches that Wizardry / Might & Magic itch for me, plus modern quality of life improvements like automap. It's a big game too; I've sunk a ton of hours into it already, just recently unlocked the 3rd class for my main party, and by all indicators still have a sizable chunk of game ahead of me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I actually use Meiko in most of the songs

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Uh oh

Better get Meiko

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

h_double posted:

It's been my go-to RPG for the past month or so and I like it a lot. It's easy to ignore the dippy fanservice after a few hours, and it really scratches that Wizardry / Might & Magic itch for me, plus modern quality of life improvements like automap. It's a big game too; I've sunk a ton of hours into it already, just recently unlocked the 3rd class for my main party, and by all indicators still have a sizable chunk of game ahead of me.

Yeah, I picked it up after I played the Demo, because it looked like Etrian Odyssey, and EO4 was pretty cool. Well, it was until a later boss just up and one shot my party.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Help Im Alive posted:

What the gently caress

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Meiko belongs in the garbage

Her voice isn't even cute

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
how can you even tell that's miku without being told

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Looper posted:

embarrassing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looper posted:

It's an anime with light-blue hair and an ugly 3D model

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

looking at her face helps

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Looper posted:

Are you sure this is the right thread for you, Looper?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i want to throttle so many of you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

Meiko belongs in the garbage

Her voice isn't even cute

Looper posted:

:frogout:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yowane haku is cute

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are you sure this is the right thread for you, Looper?

your av suggests yes! :(

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Stelas posted:

Neptunia VII on the PS4 is rapidly approaching Legit Good Game. They finally ironed out the framerate issues and learnt how to do particle effects and dumb-but-fun plotlines.

I`m not sad about that. If they can turn that kind of weirdly huge franchise into a good one for non anime and pretentious ''I get that joke'' kind of audience, it has a lot of potential.

The artist for the game is very talented and I kinda hate seeing her work going towards very awkward stuff like that. The fundamental idea works, just make the game better.

Edit: I was honestly hyped for Ar No Surge because I forgot what the originals were about... Good things could happen to the vita if devs tried hard enoug. Like... Senran Kagura Winter Versus with settlement management

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

h_double posted:

185-ish hours + 5 or so save scumming near the end for drops off late postgame fights according to my most 'complete' save. It's more if you don't mind refighting for drops but I usually just dropped a save before the fights and reloaded if I didn't get what I wanted. At $40 it was a lot of content, at the $20 it's been at lately it's a steal.

Looper posted:

The corner has the twintails icon, friend.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Really Pants posted:

I finally cleared the stupid weapon limiter in EDF2 :toot: Is anyone else still playing?

I still haven't even touched that since I've been spending all my console game time on EDF 4.1 :negative:

Hopefully I'll get an actual vita and not just a vita tv soon, that should maybe help me find time to play it.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
I finished Yomawari, it's surprisingly short if you don't do any of the extra tasks which is a bit of a bummer for a full price game. At least it looks like you can go back in after the ending to explore and get the rest of the trophies. So yeah, wait and see if they announce a western release for a more reasonable price.

Also I think this sums the game up well:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gabby_Jay posted:

So far I've seen a couple of jumpscares, but by and large it's about the creepy atmosphere and weird enemies that can show up almost anywhere. It's more in tune with a Silent Hill or Siren game, just without combat and one-hit-deaths.

Felt like the constant heart beating noise really sabotaged the atmosphere. I think I would like it a lot more if there were 1/4 as many enemies. Like just calm down and let walk around the spooky town for one uninterrupted minute without the immediate threat of death.

btw if you've finished it can you explain the thing that happens at the end? Like I can guess myself and I've seen reasonable guesses from other people but I'm wondering if it's referencing something specific.

E: oh you finished it as I wrote this post cool

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

lets hang out posted:

Felt like the constant heart beating noise really sabotaged the atmosphere. I think I would like it a lot more if there were 1/4 as many enemies. Like just calm down and let walk around the spooky town for one uninterrupted minute without the immediate threat of death.

btw if you've finished it can you explain the thing that happens at the end? Like I can guess myself and I've seen reasonable guesses from other people but I'm wondering if it's referencing something specific.

E: oh you finished it as I wrote this post cool

Nice timing. As for the end I'm not sure. I could read bits and pieces of the dialogue along the way but I don't know if there is any foreshadowing to what happens there, or if it's just some old folklore/superstition regarding dealing with ghosts.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I bought Breath of Fire 3 and for some reason it's telling me that I have insufficient space on my new 32gb card :/

Should I be worried here or what???

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

all this EDF talk recently convinced me to go play insect armageddon again, shame on you all
please donate to my gofundme to buy a PS4

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Skeezy posted:

I bought Breath of Fire 3 and for some reason it's telling me that I have insufficient space on my new 32gb card :/

Should I be worried here or what???

It sounds like you already are. Also that's weird and you should format it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't play any of the vocaloids in songs they don't actually sing in because it's just weird to me. Meiko just needs more songs. Her songs are good but she gets so few it's ridiculous

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just reached the final chapter of Cold Steel and I'm legit bummed that they apparently Xenogearsed an entire chapter out of the game. I would have really liked to see the trip to the Emperor, everything surrounding Angelica's expulsion, and the trip to Ymir in full. I assume at this point Ymir is gonna be a field study in Cold Steel 2 right? I was really looking forward to going there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's a nice little blog about Odin Sphere by Atlus.