Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Jostiband posted:

I think they'll go for faded palette + minimal animation for most of it to save money. Should provide a nice contrast for when the poo poo hits the 100 and people start vomiting rainbows on the animation cells.

I hope they do. I love this kind of style. In full motion, it's like looking at a fever dream barfed onto paper, and impossible not to love. I'll probably poo poo up the thread with incessant fanboy behaviour the very second it hits the ground, but the true moment that I will judge the show on is Mob vs. Hanazawa. Do it right, Bones.

There's a couple things that I hope are improved on the manga, though. There's a serious case of derpy eyes and sameface going on, and that's a problem when multiple people look almost the same. A little more unique faces would be nice (though color helps a lot, I imagine). And second: the backgrounds. A lot of the later action basically takes place in generic, boring-rear end corridors without features, something that also bothered me about the One Punch Man webcomic (in particular one yet not animated arc). The fights are genuinely impressive - the surroundings not at all. I hope they take some more liberty with that particular arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bones :worship:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
That teaser could just be the OP animation and I'd be 100% okay with everything

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

can't wait

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
that looks absurdly hype.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Director: Yuzuru Tachikawa (Death Parade)
Music: Kenji Kawai (too much to list there's probably something you like there, guy is old & prolific)
Character Designer/Chief AD: Yoshimichi Kameda (one of the best action animators working in the industry, a god)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was really digging the music in that trailer.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

On his twitter (@ONE_rakugaki),ONE had more to say about a OPM Backpack with warning level symbols on it than he did about Mob Psycho's trailer.

Kind of fitting.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The backgrounds almost look like they're done in watercolor.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
just watched the preview again, got excited @ hell

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I have never read 100 mob psycho but loved the poo poo out of Onepunch Man, is this other story just as good?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
imo, yes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

I have never read 100 mob psycho but loved the poo poo out of Onepunch Man, is this other story just as good?

It's different. OPM is more episodic and 100 MP there's one arcing story with recurring characters. Similar kinds of humor and observant about typical shounen/ESP plot lines. Also ONE's art is 10x better.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Story/writing wise there's definitely a good bit of similarities in that they're both about main protagonists who are extremely powerful but don't really get any happiness or satisfaction from it. MP100 is an adolescent coming of age story though as opposed to OPM being about the ennui of a mid-20s freeter. It's a more subdued/grounded story though and imo the writing is overall better than OPM's.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Mob has more of those shonen tearjerker kind of moments

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Mob has Reigen, which makes it the better comic by default.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That is true, but I think it's better than OPM besides it too.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah it also has the body improvement club

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
whatever happened to that super strong evil esper that got caught by that capture esper and then was let go? i think he'll be the end game boss cause i just dont see the manga ending quite yet

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

drjuggalo posted:

whatever happened to that super strong evil esper that got caught by that capture esper and then was let go? i think he'll be the end game boss cause i just dont see the manga ending quite yet

Mogami?

I don't see him being some sort of great evil. Dude parted with Mob on fairly okay terms, leaving behind a lesson for Mob.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-087-004-Read-Online?id=236150

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I still can't believe they're making an anime for this and it looks loving awesome.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Al-Saqr posted:

It's good. Mob's just a good dude and really human. Saitama and crew are hard to relate to although they're really amusing. Both stories are really good. ONE is an amazing story teller and his art is inspiring.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-091-002?id=264011

New chapter in which the body improvement club rules, as usual

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The answer was so simple.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Voted Worst Mom posted:

It's good. Mob's just a good dude and really human.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that's entertaining in MP100 but Mob himself is what really makes it as good of a series it is. Despite having his ridiculous powers, he just wants to be a good person with a normal life, and grows a lot throughout the series. I think it was his actions at the end of Chapter 30 or so "You don't have to respect me, but you are my brother." that pretty much cemented Mob as one of my favorite manga protagonists ever.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

i wish i had a friend like Reigen

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reigen's bio :allears:

Netflix and grift?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i flunked out posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-091-002?id=264011

New chapter in which the body improvement club rules, as usual

Glorious.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I binged this over 2 days, holy gently caress Christ I almost died twice, both because of Reigen. All that build-up and then bam, he just stole the show. I was a little disappointed in his showdown against the boss though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so mob unconsciously channeled all of that power into the broccoli seeds? haha drat

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Whelp, my prediction of what the "explosion" turns out to be was absolutely wrong

Instead, we got something much better.

All is right in the world. :toot:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Whelp, my prediction of what the "explosion" turns out to be was absolutely wrong

Instead, we got something much better.

All is right in the world. :toot:

ONE does this with every cliff hanger

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-091-003?id=264903

Seems like the broccoli will be the next major villain.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Seems like the broccoli will be the next major villain.

YES

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Esper research guy being a great dude is awesome.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

could it be the evil spirit guy?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Do we know the dude who handcuffed evil dad? He seems familiar but a lot of ONE's less-unique character designs kind of run together for me so I don't recognize him out from anywhere in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
he was the leader of the government's spies in claw