Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Was there any bellyaching about Lab Rats though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
No that's clearly the right kind of difficulty AKA punch you in the dick and remember how to cook meth now. They'll likely see it better after goats too.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Speak for yourself; I'm playing all the time.

Discendo Vox posted:

The facepunch thread fixated on the idea that the goat heist was comedic and "maymay-filled". I don't pretend to understand what was going through their heads.

People lost their minds over a dumb trailer. It's like when people thought Dallas was being killed off because of the Diamond trailer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

John Murdoch posted:

They were all distracted complaining about other things at that point.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress you guys i want my SERIOUS game back just like the good ol days before the game was RUINED FOREVER

now if you'll excuse me im going to listen to the christmas album for this game while weeping over a pic of ol' hox

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

John Murdoch posted:

Whenever I attempted to carry my buddies through it, yes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Geight posted:

Whenever I attempted to carry my buddies through it, yes.

Wanna help me with that deathwish achievement, buddy?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Not complaints about the difficulty of Lab Rats, about the plausibility of being shrunk down itty bitty and running around cooking meth while menaced by spiders and a full-sized Cloaker.

Maybe it doesn't count though because it's a seasonal map that they afterwards made permanently available, and not a map that was permanently available and also cost SEVEN BUCKS.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Dr Cheeto posted:

And here I thought I was done being spooked by that heist :gonk:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Overkill's servers are built on an ancient Indian burial ground

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
DW lab rats isn't the best- so much comes down to where the set of bags spawn. I still have trouble understanding how someone can safely clear the cloaker safe on DW.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm down. I have that poo poo down to a science.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

DW lab rats isn't the best- so much comes down to where the set of bags spawn. I still have trouble understanding how someone can safely clear the cloaker safe on DW.

Eight turrets and a bunch of trip mines, obviously.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I think it has more to do with where the zip line closest to the truck spawns. If it spawns by the truck, great! If its by the cloaker safe, it's very brutal.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

When I've got a bunch of free time (weekends, maybe, or sometime this summer, thanks second shift) I'm going to have to get my DW mask. I was like five or six away around the time of Hotline Miami, but my schedule conspired to gently caress me over. I gotta get back on the horse.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Payday 2: Time to get back on the crimehorse

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

This is good advice for the entire thread

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Payday 2: Remember when we used to steal money from banks?

Payday 2: Whatever the new update is, I hate it

Payday 2: the Dead Sea of communities

I like these. Also:

Payday 2: A serious game for serious goats people

Edit:

Discendo Vox posted:

Taking this advice to heart.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Discendo Vox posted:

The facepunch thread fixated on the idea that the goat heist was comedic and "maymay-filled". I don't pretend to understand what was going through their heads.

here, let me help you out with that:

Discendo Vox posted:

The facepunch thread

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Discendo Vox posted:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
OH MY GOD, BAIN WAS A SHETLAND ALL ALONG?!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Best part of Lab Rats was one-shotting Skill Shot. I don't even remember who was with me the one and only time I tried that throw.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Payday 2: Robbery at a local jewelry store. No survivors.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I've just heard thru the grapevine that Framing Frame day 1 was stealth patched so that 9 paintings always spawn. Can anyone confirm this?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Pretty sure that happened a few weeks back. Framing Frame was only spawning 3 paintings and nobody could complete the sidejob to steal 9, so instead of it being a random number they just made 9 spawn all the time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Pretty sure that happened a few weeks back.

more than just a few; it's been that way for a while

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Met my first pub that used weapon mutators on a Goat Heist. He had some weird thing that looked mostly like a 308, sounded like a LMG and probably did piercing damage. Probably was the only guy besides me who had an idea what goat heist was about between the two snipers that didn't use those rifles to counter snipe. Also it seems to be some kind of natural urge for pubbies to put out of the fire first instead of looking around.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Payday 2: Robbery at a local jewelry store. No survivors.

This is a great thread title.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

"I want my serious crime simulator back!"

:runs Rats 50 more times:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Payday 2: "It is a serious game" the pubbies say, as we steal burn the declaration of independence

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
They should make them a mission that's a serious heist simulator. It should be the harvest and trustee bank map, involve a twelve hour protracted seige while the cops shout at you through megaphones and if you shoot a hostage, a cop or just fire your weapon into the air you are swarmed by swat and you die to the first bullet that hits you. And then overkill come to your house and put teargas in your letterbox.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I wonder if there was this much whining about serious crime simulators when they released No Mercy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Most of the playerbase for The Heist either left or became the old pet clans that have almost been forgotten now by the time of No Mercy.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Spent a few hours getting Payday 2 running on my crappy laptop and then I managed to pubbie-heard DW FWB and Slaughterhouse. The latter one was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Pubs are starting to learn to shoot cops, or at least are using mods that give them God Guns.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I was hosting so I doubt that it was godguns.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Late thread title suggestion. Payday 2: Dallas is my Crime Dad and I am his Heist Boy.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

watho posted:

Spent a few hours getting Payday 2 running on my crappy laptop and then I managed to pubbie-heard DW FWB and Slaughterhouse. The latter one was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Cop AI is less aggressive the shittier the host's computer is so that was probably why.