Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Watcher seems pretty down to earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He lives on the moon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And he's dead. Although they might have brought him back seeing as how they did absolutely nothing with the whole "being dead" thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

And he's dead. Although they might have brought him back seeing as how they did absolutely nothing with the whole "being dead" thing.

He's died before, he'll be fiiiiine.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TwoPair posted:

As far as well adjusted immortals go, didn't DC One Million have Superman and Lois living happily ever after in the center of the sun or something like that?

That's "and they lived happily ever after", which is narratively different from a character who's all "can't die but feelin' fly" as the story unfolds.

And it's not a comic, but the guy in The Man from Earth is p. emotionally with-it, despite being older than than agriculture.

Tangent here: Immortal cave man is a great archetype and I'm glad it pops up in any sci-fi/pulp setting that runs long enough.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The Multiversity had an awesome version of Anthro, who seemed to be deeply enjoying his immortality. He pulled baller moves like giving Lady Blackhawk this priceless antique gem and when she's like "dude this is literally priceless I can't accept it as a gift" he just tells her pfft, whatever, sell it to a museum then and he'll come pick it back up when the museum falls down.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I still have Secret Wars 8 and 9 to read and then just about every single new title Marvel has released.

Holy poo poo.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lurdiak posted:

You're really bad at getting jokes.

Internet man grossly overreacting to petty annoyance stopped being funny around 2007 I think? Or at least I find extensive whining about how some trend is horrible to be nearly as horrible as the trend itself. So at least we agree that epic meal time sucks.

Lurdiak posted:

The Watcher seems pretty down to earth.

If Earth X is any indication, he's quite insane. His regular depiction seems a bit unhinged at times too.

Squizzle posted:

Tangent here: Immortal cave man is a great archetype and I'm glad it pops up in any sci-fi/pulp setting that runs long enough.

Don't forget about Captain Marvel villain King Kull (who is not Robert E. Howard's Conan ancestor) who was either in suspended animation and thus might not count or keeps reappearing throughout history to thwart the rise of democracy, because he is just that evil.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 11, 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CapnAndy posted:

The Multiversity had an awesome version of Anthro, who seemed to be deeply enjoying his immortality. He pulled baller moves like giving Lady Blackhawk this priceless antique gem and when she's like "dude this is literally priceless I can't accept it as a gift" he just tells her pfft, whatever, sell it to a museum then and he'll come pick it back up when the museum falls down.

Probably my favourite Multiversity behind Pax Americana and Thunderworld.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Probably my favourite Multiversity behind Pax Americana and Thunderworld.

I need this ongoing yesterday DC. :allears:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

O

Ror posted:

I still have Secret Wars 8 and 9 to read and then just about every single new title Marvel has released.

Holy poo poo.

I'm your future self. You're going to read some good books. Make yours Marvel.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 11, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ror posted:

Holy poo poo.

You're in for a treat.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Just throwing this out as a special treat to all the mummy fans reading the thread.

Lightning Lord posted:

Don't forget about Captain Marvel villain King Kull (who is not Robert E. Howard's Conan ancestor) who was either in suspended animation and thus might not count or keeps reappearing throughout history to thwart the rise of democracy, because he is just that evil.

Unfrozen Caveman is a separate, but related and at times overlapping archetype. For my money, Immortal Caveman beats it out for intrinsic awesomeness, but you could prefer the Unfrozens and welp de gustibus non est disputandum.

That issue of Powers where we find out what's-his-name is an Immortal Caveman owned. I loved and still love the idea that, since the human brain has physical limits to memory, his lifetime requires constant overwriting of old memories to make new ones. Dude cannot remember his past too far back.

I would like a comic featuring an immortal caveman polymath, in the Doc Savage mold, and a mummy who is an escape artist w/ eye lazors.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, Dan Garret was the coolest. I wish someone'd do something interesting with him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He came back as some kind of zombie one time.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Squizzle posted:

Unfrozen Caveman is a separate, but related and at times overlapping archetype. For my money, Immortal Caveman beats it out for intrinsic awesomeness, but you could prefer the Unfrozens and welp de gustibus non est disputandum.

That issue of Powers where we find out what's-his-name is an Immortal Caveman owned. I loved and still love the idea that, since the human brain has physical limits to memory, his lifetime requires constant overwriting of old memories to make new ones. Dude cannot remember his past too far back.

I think Kull is both an unfrozen and immortal caveman due to the magic of retcons or just forgetting/ignoring an origin story. Also I too enjoy monkey sex.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Vandal Savage is an immortal caveman along with Armstrong and Eternal Warrior in Valiant.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Caveman talk?
I've been going through the Carmine Infantino Batman collection and got to Det #337 the other day...

Can you believe the character was never used again? :(

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 11, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Squizzle posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

I think Kull is both an unfrozen and immortal caveman due to the magic of retcons or just forgetting/ignoring an origin story. Also I too enjoy monkey sex.

text me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kull was voiced by Michael Dorn in the Brave and the Bold and it was great.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Vandal Savage is an immortal caveman along with Armstrong and Eternal Warrior in Valiant.
Don't forget Gilad's brothers Armstrong and Ivar.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Armstrong and bros were totally not cavemen, they lived in a city state and everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
See when I think of Cavemen I think of those stupid Geiko Insurance commercials and cavemen are ruined for me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Cavewomen are the coolest. Ayla is the best Chrono Trigger party member.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WickedHate posted:

. Ayla is the best Chrono Trigger party member.

She is the worst character in a book though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Rejoice! For today brings great great news.

And just to spoil my clickbaity headline up there, new Beasts of Burden announced.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Remember Troll from Thunderbolts? She was cool. RIP Troll

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Wait, Troll died? I thought they just stopped using her.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Madkal posted:

Rejoice! For today brings great great news.

And just to spoil my clickbaity headline up there, new Beasts of Burden announced.

Just a one shot though :negative: WHERE'S MY ONGOING!?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why did no one two me about sky kangas before today

why

so many years

kangaless years

wasted years

kangas

kangas

kangas

e: I meant "tell me" but you could have two'd me as well.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 12, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Surely thou japes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Surely thou japes.

Frog was just a nerd. I mean, I get why you'd relate to him, but as I said, cavewomen are the coolest, and being cool is my scene.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Frog was just a nerd. I mean, I get why you'd relate to him, but as I said, cavewomen are the coolest, and being cool is my scene.

If he's such a nerd, how come he was able to nab the queen despite being a frog man in that one ending?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

If he's such a nerd, how come he was able to nab the queen despite being a frog man in that one ending?

Maybe she just has a giant frog fetish. If you have a giant frog fetish and the only giant frog around happens to be a massive nerd, them's the brakes. Don't kinkshame the queen, man.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Alhazred posted:

She is the worst character in a book though.

I never made he connection that the Chrono Trigger character was named after the Earth's Children character until relatively recently, and I felt silly for not realizing it earlier.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I still haven't ever played Chrono Trigger. I'll never play all the games. I'll never see all the movies. I'll never read all the comics. :negative:

I thought all the Infinity Gems would be about equal when you were talking about it earlier but I definitely would like one Time gem please.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

I still haven't ever played Chrono Trigger. I'll never play all the games. I'll never see all the movies. I'll never read all the comics. :negative:

I thought all the Infinity Gems would be about equal when you were talking about it earlier but I definitely would like one Time gem please.
I skipped an entire day of college classes one day due to Chrono Trigger. Had never heard of it, plugged the rom into ZSNES one morning before class and didn't leave my room for the rest of the day. Totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder who's read the most comics ever. Fan or industry person?

• Locked thread