Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They really don't care for color in the 'verse

There's grey, grey, grey, grey, grey, grey, grey and a few splotches of blue.

No loving wonder he's depressed

Their internal decorators must be run by the suicide conglomerate

May I ask you what your problem is with the Stimperial School of Interior Decorating?

I mean, seriously, bright colors inflame the passion and arouse the imagination. We all know where THAT leads...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
squadron 42 for the xbox one and gaystation 4

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

moonraker posted:

I would like to buy this man a pint a true voice of reason . No surprise the normal knee jerk moderation jumped in to silence the very people who paid to make the project possible . AwesomeAD a classic pleb from Steam forums to SC forums a company man through and through.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317579/please-add-some-new-content/p4

Yup. More and more people are giving ShitiZens are run for their meds.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Nation posted:

I don't want to imagine the sights that doll has seen

That's not a doll. It's an androgynous guy in an awful outfit.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

grimcreaper posted:

That's not a doll. It's an androgynous guy in an awful outfit.

is that true..? omg i don't wanna know

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nation posted:

Search your feelings...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

It is a real thing.

Here is some nightmare fuel for you.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...2449042984.html

5% off TODAY ONLY.

paaarp

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

Yup. Pretty much. And I've heard from sources that there have been screaming matches in the office about how it was such a bad idea to take me on and "give me attention". And they just went for broke with The Escapist diatribe; and that was even worse.

They're hosed.

They know it.

I know it.

The Shitizens know it.

They ALL know that I know it.

But do they know you know they know you know?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Nation posted:

I don't want to imagine the sights that doll has seen

Imagine 4 inches on the side of your face.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

haha i am just seeing this INN article oh boy

"Imagine a world that is almost as detailed as Earth itself. That right there is the level of detail I can picture being possible in this game"

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Decrepus posted:

Imagine 4 inches on the side of your face.

Well. That leaves a little to the imagination.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The "Do Not Engage" always cracks me up

Like he would EVER be engaged...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gilganixon posted:

have a stimpire painsoldier

i went with pink because i'm sick of seeing grey poo poo everywhere and also because it makes them more of an eyesore

get it?

sorry for lack of fidelity, had to get this one out fast.

:vince:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Imagine a world...of unparalleled...fidelity.

If you could just...breathe in...the immersion.

All this can be yours. Forever.

:gary:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Right now the only ships you can even sort of use are very small ships that could hold ~8 people, right? Like, the size of an IRL yacht?

Theoretically is this supposed to let you own a capital ship and walk all around it and see every deck? Because that does sound really cool. But that in itself would have to be the entire focus of the whole game. Like those guys who are trying to make a complete digital reconstruction of the Enterprise.

Would you be able to interact with/murder your crew of NPCs?

I just had the most hilarious idea (to me, at least) for Star Goonizan. Freighter bopping along, Goon zhip pulls in front and disgorges a slew of Goon EVArs who eventually get inside said ship and PAAAAAAARP until the pilot finally jumps out in frustration....

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

BeefThief posted:

Imagine a world...of unparalleled...fidelity.

If you could just...breathe in...the immersion.

All this can be yours. Forever.

:gary:

im drowning in fidelity

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Sisyphus posted:

haha i am just seeing this INN article oh boy

"Imagine a world that is almost as detailed as Earth itself. That right there is the level of detail I can picture being possible in this game"

:stonklol:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, we've been banning them left and right. Thing is, we know who they are and we can spot them right away. And those assholes are the primary reason that I have put any plans for a freeplay weekend, on ice. They want to troll me, they can loving pay $9.99. And still get banned.

Smart.

Smart never changes.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah.. that was my reaction as well. These idiots genuinely believe that that it will happen. I love to dream but gently caress letting my dreams run my reality. Holy loving poo poo these people are as bad as the Tumblr "there are thousands of genders and nobody is a human were all *****kin of somekind."

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

Yeah.. that was my reaction as well. These idiots genuinely believe that that it will happen. I love to dream but gently caress letting my dreams run my reality. Holy loving poo poo these people are as bad as the Tumblr "there are thousands of genders and nobody is a human were all *****kin of somekind."

There's a certain degree of overlap.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Well at least you know you're dealing with an autist up front. Nice of them to make it obvious for the rest of us.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

Hold! What you are doing is wrong! Why do you do this thing?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Well at least you know you're dealing with an autist up front. Nice of them to make it obvious for the rest of us.

Hey, be nice. We dont call them "autists" or "autistic man children" anymore. We call them "retards" for short. Short for "retarded loving idiots". Its a gentler way of saying "Your an idiot" to them.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Lime Tonics posted:

It is a real thing.

Here is some nightmare fuel for you.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...2449042984.html

5% off TODAY ONLY.

paaarp

That's going to give me nightmares, great.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

This is a joke right?

Bootcha was in a different level. I understand where an ACTUAL investment comes in with his decision... But please tell you me your joking.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Mirificus posted:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not getting something here....why would anyone donate to this thing?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

What kind of food or beverages did you deliver for Chris and Sandi?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

You know, this is the first time I've actually watched someone use a turret. Man that started to make me a little queasy, I can't imagine it's playable.

Love the videos, sorry about you having to play the game though.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Goobs posted:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not getting something here....why would anyone donate to this thing?

Who wouldn't want to donate money to Dowlphin?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sad thing was that Q-Ships are a LOT older than WW2.

(Yeah, I love me some wooden ships/iron men history.)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I hate* it when I'm right.

Here, read this for a glimpse of how truly hosed they are: http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/star-citizen-working-optimising-network-code/

* not really

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

:dogbutton: That one's name is "Kana Otonashi". It describes itself as "A playful spirit who has possessed a doll so she can explore the many curiosities on Earth."

It goes to events and meets other playful spirits:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/66868/star-citizen-fans-from-japan-we-love-star-citizen

literally a hog fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 11, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

One thing I have learned from star citizen is not to search for images or anything for that matter, attached to their said user names.

I have had to burn,bury,and destroy several computers because of this.

Yeah, the best part of that lazygamer article is how the character customization appearance deal is tied into the engine and will break it, if they try to use it.

edit :

from above ^^^ DO NOT SDEARCH NAMESNKVN%VVNTHTC, with that have a good night.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 11, 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Everyone. Everyone in the world.

D_Smart posted:

I hate* it when I'm right.

Here, read this for a glimpse of how truly hosed they are: http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/star-citizen-working-optimising-network-code/

* not really

Reading on how they're "working on the balancing for repairing vessels" makes me cringe. Like, years ago you'd read that and be like "sweet!" now you read it and you're like "Haha - sure you are".

Those are probably dudes, too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I Greyhound posted:

People born with genetic insensitivity to pain are subjected to crippling emotional pain through rejection.

No worry to us Goons then.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo this page got dark.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I love his stuff, the kickstarter video is actually pretty hilarious too for his animated venture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qKAnJNWejQ

That's not actually him...obviously.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

One thing I have learned from star citizen is not to search for images or anything for that matter, attached to their said user names.

I have had to burn,bury,and destroy several computers because of this.

I think Dowlphin wants their sites to be found. They have a link to their main blog in their RSI forum profile and their blog links to that abomination that is their main website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Was that taken at a procedural bird sanctuary in Oregan ?

• Locked thread