Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

FutureFriend posted:

i sometimes hang around arthur's whole community and the dude unfortunately just kinda seemed to dissapear from the internet a while back.

That's a goddamn shame. I'm going to have to get a huge Stella Artois mug and take a magnet to my HDD in his memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Any good LPs of Dead Island that doesn't skip the story?

(It's a shame Criken never released a full version of him playing it with his friends)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Any Dying Light LPs to recommend? (external, can't find anything here).

I found Gildiss Dragon's Dogma LP while looking for one, how was it? Any other DD LP recommendations?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Any Dying Light LPs to recommend? (external, can't find anything here).

I found Gildiss Dragon's Dogma LP while looking for one, how was it? Any other DD LP recommendations?

Gildiss is hilarious and that LP was great. I highly recommend it.

Link is here: http://lparchive.org/Dragons-Dogma/

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Blind Sally posted:

Gildiss is hilarious and that LP was great. I highly recommend it.

Link is here: http://lparchive.org/Dragons-Dogma/

I liked what I saw of the LP, but I could never get over the fact that it looked like a camcorder LP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's not his fault, it's just what Dragon's Dogma looks like. The color banding in that game is just awful.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

CJacobs posted:

That's not his fault, it's just what Dragon's Dogma looks like. The color banding in that game is just awful.
It didn't look like that on my PS3, though. Dunno what he did to his footage to make it look like that, but that's not how the game looks. May be his capture device or whatever I don't know.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Well the good news is that it just came out on PC, so maybe there won't need to be that whole capture device hop to jump through and someone will give it their own go at it.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

It was probably this thread I got it from, but I've been watching Cameron Kunzelman's Rollercoaster Tycoon LP, and it's pretty relaxed. He's basically trying to be Bob Ross.

This is super relaxing and I just bingewatched all of it. Does anyone have anything similar?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

It didn't look like that on my PS3, though. Dunno what he did to his footage to make it look like that, but that's not how the game looks. May be his capture device or whatever I don't know.

it looked like that on my PS3, but I'm still rocking one of the original 60GB models, and they don't seem to run games as smoothly as the newer models.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Watching that Dragon's Dogma LP is making me wish I had my Xbox360 so I could play my copy, that game is so good.
For Dying Light, if you can get past his goofy title animation thing MKIceAndFire frequently does no commentary runs that are pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emn5Ivm3LrE&list=PL4vbGURud_HpuCxZ43_LAmGPIYyTlP32v

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 8, 2016

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Can someone recommend a video LP of Relentless: Little Big Adventure 1? Seems like all the ones started on SA got abandoned.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I forgot that Freelance Astronauts never completed LBA.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Any good Axiom Verge projects going on? I played and beat the game a little while ago but I sort of ran out of steam near the end to go and explore and get all of the hidden stuff. I'd like to see it 100%'d at some point.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Dazzling Addar posted:

Any good Axiom Verge projects going on? I played and beat the game a little while ago but I sort of ran out of steam near the end to go and explore and get all of the hidden stuff. I'd like to see it 100%'d at some point.

Jeff and Dave have one going, i haven't seen it but their stuff is usually top notch. Not sure if they have a thread for it, I saw it on their channel.

Let's Play Axiom Verge: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlti6Rq4bwpn78r3b2oyy71mk8bvfuNc5

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

davidspackage posted:

Can someone recommend a video LP of Relentless: Little Big Adventure 1? Seems like all the ones started on SA got abandoned.

Can't speak for the quality, but Frankomatic did a full run, found here.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

I did use my 60gb PS3 and the first three parts each had separate issues that seriously jacked up he quality but were finally resolved by the 4th. :sweatdrop:

My little laptop did its best.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Gildiss posted:

I did use my 60gb PS3 and the first three parts each had separate issues that seriously jacked up he quality but were finally resolved by the 4th. :sweatdrop:

My little laptop did its best.

Don't feel too bad, that game didn't look great on either console, so putting it on YouTube was only going to make it look kind of bad even at high quality. I remember taking a video of it at pretty high quality and it looking like a PS2 game once it was on YouTube.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any good LPs of Hand of Fate? (The one released in 2015)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Jeff and Dave have one going, i haven't seen it but their stuff is usually top notch. Not sure if they have a thread for it, I saw it on their channel.

Let's Play Axiom Verge: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlti6Rq4bwpn78r3b2oyy71mk8bvfuNc5

I've seen it; it's good.

Is there a Kerbal Space Program Let's Play?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Any good puzzle game LPs? The spacechem tourneys were a favorite of mine and SGF's few episodes so far of The Witness have got me itching for more.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

flatluigi posted:

Any good puzzle game LPs? The spacechem tourneys were a favorite of mine and SGF's few episodes so far of The Witness have got me itching for more.

I haven't seen it myself yet as I'm playing through the game on my own, but CannibalK9, known for his excellent LP of the Void, has done an LP of the Talos Principle. It requires archives, but it's on youtube.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Powerfrog posted:

Any good LPs of Hand of Fate? (The one released in 2015)
Catsworth did a pretty good one, though it's a blind run if that's not your thing

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

StrixNebulosa posted:

I haven't seen it myself yet as I'm playing through the game on my own, but CannibalK9, known for his excellent LP of the Void, has done an LP of the Talos Principle. It requires archives, but it's on youtube.

I have seen that LP and it is indeed incredible.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I really like slow, thoughtful let's plays with an analytical / explanatory style. I've seen Bobbin Threadbare's series already. I also really like that Battlefield 1942 multiplayer LP which went in-depth into strategies and stuff. Another series I enjoyed is Arma II by Dslyecxi.

Anything out there similar to those?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, Research Indicates was not only the precursor to those, but perhaps the master. I'm not sure if you've watched any of his LPs, so I'll just say watch and enjoy if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDK6Q2v8HPg

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Any recommendations for an LP of the original GTA (other than the only one in the archives, which I found kind of meh)?

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 11, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pizdec posted:

Any recommendations for an LP of the original GTA (other than the only one in the archives, which I found kind of meh)?

I stopped watching part way through (just because the game itself is really repetitive to watch), but you might like this one by Crosspiece (unless that was the one you meant?)

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

This is a really dry tone 100% score attack of a tie in game.

It somehow works.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I stopped watching part way through (just because the game itself is really repetitive to watch), but you might like this one by Crosspiece (unless that was the one you meant?)
Yes it is, and yeah it was. The commentary just didn't do it for me, I'm wondering if there are any decent outside-SA ones.

SystemLogoff posted:

This is a really dry tone 100% score attack of a tie in game.

It somehow works.
When recommending Pac-Man LPs, one musn't forget this classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8KVKA08sw

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pizdec posted:

Yes it is, and yeah it was. The commentary just didn't do it for me, I'm wondering if there are any decent outside-SA ones.

Aww :( But I get your reasoning, I had a much higher opinion of the game before the LP, cause goddamn it is garbage and is definitely not a game you play for the story, so the commentary suffered as a result. But due to its difficulty and arcade like nature, it is awkward as hell to LP, so there's definitely longplays and live commentary LPs that I can find, some even made about seven years ago! But otherwise there probably isn't much, unfortunately. So definitely say if you can find a good one buried beneath all the GTA 5 vids, cause I'd love for there to be an alternate option to what I offered.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 11, 2016

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Does anyone know of a good Danganronpa 2 let's play? I read orenronen's, but obviously that only goes halfway through. English or translated japanese are fine. I know FPzero plans on doing one eventually, but i'm impatient :v:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone know of a watchable LP of someone that clearly knows and has played the game before play Dying Light and make it his/hers bitch? And without a facecam.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
Does anyone know a good LP of Nuclear Throne? I couldn't find one in the archives.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can anyone suggest some LPers that play strategy games and don't have insufferable voices? The harder the games the better. I've also got a strange itch to see someone LP the Advance Wars series, but every one I've checked out has had manbabies reading the dialogue in character and I'm just interested in the actual strategy bits.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If you're cool with SSLP (which is probably the better format for considering strategy at your own pace anyway) there's one of each English AW game on the LP Archive and they're all good, though IIRC the LPer for Dual Strike wasn't the greatest strategic mind.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

AlphaKretin posted:

If you're cool with SSLP (which is probably the better format for considering strategy at your own pace anyway) there's one of each English AW game on the archive and they're all good, though IIRC the LPer for Dual Strike wasn't the greatest strategic mind.

Yeah, I saw those but I'm more looking for video stuff. I enjoy putting them on at night and dozing off while watching them. If I was gonna sit down and read an LP I'd probably just play the game myself. Thanks though!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone suggest some LPers that play strategy games and don't have insufferable voices? The harder the games the better. I've also got a strange itch to see someone LP the Advance Wars series, but every one I've checked out has had manbabies reading the dialogue in character and I'm just interested in the actual strategy bits.

Paul.Power does some really good advance wars stuff

http://lparchive.org/Advance-Wars/

Spookydonut did a cool LP of C&C (The first one)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696752&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

SovietPotatoe did an LP of Tiberian Sun (and he's currently doing C&C Generals + Zero Hour)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615066

The first two are screenshot LPs (Mostly) and I don't find SP to be insufferable.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Verranicus posted:

Yeah, I saw those but I'm more looking for video stuff. I enjoy putting them on at night and dozing off while watching them. If I was gonna sit down and read an LP I'd probably just play the game myself. Thanks though!

Fair enough, though it's worth nothing that the AW1 LP had video sections for the hard campaign which I forgot about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bullfrog posted:

I really like slow, thoughtful let's plays with an analytical / explanatory style. I've seen Bobbin Threadbare's series already. I also really like that Battlefield 1942 multiplayer LP which went in-depth into strategies and stuff. Another series I enjoyed is Arma II by Dslyecxi.

Anything out there similar to those?

Nine-Gear-Crow and Blind Sally go off the deep end with an extremely elaborate analysis of the entire (yet to be done) Killzone franchise.

http://lparchive.org/Killzone/
http://lparchive.org/Killzone-2/
http://lparchive.org/Killzone-Liberation/