Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I cannot believe that Cliven was stupid enough to get on a plane. I thought he'd be driving,but nope, stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wait - he loving FLEW?

The one place in the US you can't carry a personal arsenal :ughh:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He flew?

America's dumbest felons, everybody. Give em a hand!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

They are quickly setting up the FEMA camps now that the last hope of America has been snuffed out.

You joke, but that Watchman link just had the peple talking about how the government was going to bring in the UN troops and "Well, then we wouldn't even be shooting at Americans! *laughs*"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You know, he may have flown because he felt like he had to if he wanted to get there before they surrendered.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Midnight Voyager posted:

You know, he may have flown because he felt like he had to if he wanted to get there before they surrendered.

and because he was dumb enough to think that he could possibly do that

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Midnight Voyager posted:

You could consider this a brilliant FBI honeypot or a criminal who is too dumb to avoid getting caught under normal travel circumstances.

I'm giving both sides equal odds here.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

to be perfectly honest i had always thought of cliven as the cynical and intelligent cult militia patriot leader

glad to be proven wrong, this night has been too perfect

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

buttcoinbrony posted:

to be perfectly honest i had always thought of cliven as the cynical and intelligent cult militia patriot leader

glad to be proven wrong, this night has been too perfect

Eh. Maybe he was trying to indirectly surrender in a safe way that wouldn't get him shot but also wouldn't mark him as a traitor to his own movement or something.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

They are quickly setting up the FEMA camps now that the last hope of America has been snuffed out.

Makes sense. Where should I turn myself in? Been itchin for one of them mind control chips.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

my dad posted:

Eh. Maybe he was trying to indirectly surrender in a safe way that wouldn't get him shot but also wouldn't mark him as a traitor to his own movement or something.

nah he's been free since the 2014 standoff because he's been surrounded by armed lunatics. he had no reason to surrender.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Webguy posted:

You could consider this a brilliant FBI honeypot or a criminal who is too dumb to avoid getting caught under normal travel circumstances.

Given the poo poo he was allowed to get away with before, maybe it wasn't completely insane for him to think the government would continue to allow him to flout the law.

Or it could be he's just a batshit crazy religious fanatic who thought he was on a God ordained mission and so everything would work out.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If Cliven Bundy had the support he believes he has, he would've had the money and structure to book six private flights from Bundy Shithole, NV, to various locations around eastern Oregon and forced LEOs to decide which route he'd take to get there and rally his meth-addled troops.

Instead, this rear end in a top hat flew commercial to Portland, which is like a 4-5 hour drive from the lunatics anyway, and they arrested his dumb rear end as soon as he got off the plane because they knew he wouldn't have any weapons on him.

This is the mastermind of the New American Revolution, everyone. This is the guy they've pledged to lay down their lives for. A man too stupid to realize that flying on a commercial airline in 2016 opens him up to every single law enforcement agency in the hemisphere.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oh god guys. It's happening. You may remember me as the goon warning about abnormal helicopter activity over the portland area. Well, looks like it's escalated. Abrams rolling down Belmont towards Tabor. They took out Horsebrass. Gone. Bundy's were rig

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I agree, I honestly think Cliven was just too loving arrogant to consider that he would be arrested. He was rushing to Oregon because he's been chomping at the bit since his sons were arrested to take over their cause, stating as much to reporters because he's also an idiot. I mean, he's been directly contradicting his son's requests to the four remaining militants because he's just that hungry for more people to die for his stupid, stupid cause. I'm sure he planned to do exactly what he was saying he was going to do; ride into the refuge as a heroic general before whom the FBI would cower and disperse, because he's been getting away with this poo poo for decades.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Wow, Cliven too. Amazing.

Shame on those who ever doubted the competence or loyalties of the fine, brave patriots of the FBI.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

kartikeya posted:

I agree, I honestly think Cliven was just too loving arrogant to consider that he would be arrested. He was rushing to Oregon because he's been chomping at the bit since his sons were arrested to take over their cause, stating as much to reporters because he's also an idiot. I mean, he's been directly contradicting his son's requests to the four remaining militants because he's just that hungry for more people to die for his stupid, stupid cause. I'm sure he planned to do exactly what he was saying he was going to do; ride into the refuge as a heroic general before whom the FBI would cower and disperse, because he's been getting away with this poo poo for decades.

All I want you to do... All I could ever ask... Just tell Moroni I love her, or him ( honestly asking)

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
This is one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I may have missed it in all the excitement, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. According to the Oregonian's article about all this, the FBI actually moved into some of the buildings at the refuge Tuesday night and were there all day Wednesday, and these numbnuts never realized.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It would seem that our once-populated IRC channel is back into discussion with the recent events at SynIrc #oregonstandoff

Use this to join: http://cgiirc.synirc.net/

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

xrunner posted:

Oh god guys. It's happening. You may remember me as the goon warning about abnormal helicopter activity over the portland area. Well, looks like it's escalated. Abrams rolling down Belmont towards Tabor. They took out Horsebrass. Gone. Bundy's were rig

I hope no bird refuges are harmed :ohdear:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
That livestream of the watchmen news is adorable. They claim the events of today ate biblical because Hammond and his son started it, and Cliven and his sons are now in custody, and Franklin Graham is Billy Graham's son and that's just like the 40 days and 40 nights where Noah was hit with a tsunami on the last day? I guess if you don't know anything about the Bible then this is exactly like your grandma's prescription drug fueled recollections of it.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Les Zaitz posted:

FBI tactical teams had quietly moved into the refuge compound Tuesday night, entering the buildings undetected by the occupiers. They apparently were in the buildings through the day Wednesday before agents moved against the encampment.

:downsgun:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Update: they've taken over big pink and put some kind of tesla coil on top. I just watched six cyclist get fried for the crime of trying to cross the steel bridge while being female. Northwest is lost to the patriots. They've set up a constitutional tribunal at 21st and glisan. Naito parkway is more like revolutionary river of blood. It's bad here. I think these drat freedom lovers have out-encapabled us here commu-nazi-demo-leftists

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

xrunner posted:

Update: they've taken over big pink and put some kind of tesla coil on top. I just watched six cyclist get fried for the crime of trying to cross the steel bridge while being female. Northwest is lost to the patriots. They've set up a constitutional tribunal at 21st and glisan. Nation parkway is more like revolutionary river of blood. It's bad here. I think these drat freedom lovers have out-encapabled us here commu-nazi-demo-leftists

can you please shut the gently caress up

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Oh my god this is awesome. These people are so loving dumb it amazes me they manage to live on their own without some machine to breathe for them

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Jagchosis posted:

nah he's been free since the 2014 standoff because he's been surrounded by armed lunatics. he had no reason to surrender.

I'm still amazed by just how ridiculously dumb this move is, and I guess my brain is trying to come up with any semi-viable explanation that's not "Yes, that man is just that stupid."

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jagchosis posted:

can you please shut the gently caress up

No. Can you? Oh. You can ? Well gently caress. Guess I'm the hypocrite here. Well. I'm sure you'll find something else to care about.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Stream says last four arrested but still a rumor I guess.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
You know, when this is over, a certain part of me would hope that the refuge would get to keep David Fry. :allears: He could occupy (continue occupying?) a corner next to the tarp-gun-and-dildo (and -commemorative LaVoy Bible) gift shop.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Vahakyla posted:

Stream says last four arrested but still a rumor I guess.

Did they cave from the news?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

stubblyhead posted:

I may have missed it in all the excitement, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. According to the Oregonian's article about all this, the FBI actually moved into some of the buildings at the refuge Tuesday night and were there all day Wednesday, and these numbnuts never realized.

This must've been what they were talking about when they mentioned the FBI's "sneaky tactics" on the livestream.

Also loving hilarious.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

xrunner posted:

No. Can you? Oh. You can ? Well gently caress. Guess I'm the hypocrite here. Well. I'm sure you'll find something else to care about.

you're as bad at posting as cliven is at planning travel

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
So how come the 4 didnt hear the FBI infiltration team giggle the entire day?

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I guess it's inevitable but I worry that we're selecting for intelligence by capturing all the dumb domestic terrorists. Like as fun all this poo poo has been, it's kinda worrying to think what someone halfway competent could have done in this scenario.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Well they had to sit in hick filth in unheated buildings for a whole day so that might have put a damper on it.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

themrguy posted:

I guess it's inevitable but I worry that we're selecting for intelligence by capturing all the dumb domestic terrorists. Like as fun all this poo poo has been, it's kinda worrying to think what someone halfway competent could have done in this scenario.

They'd have taken one look at the disparity of their respective arsenals and packed it up, not being suicidal loons.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jagchosis posted:

you're as bad at posting as cliven is at planning travel

Hi, so, we have sent a couple messages back and forth. I feel like it's time to meet url (ps:this is an acronym meaning "In Real Life." So I am a Taurus. My interests include being oppressed by big governments (/wink) and also buttsex. Meet me at the OMSI Maxx stop tomorrow at 18:00? (That's European for six, maybe, or possibly just military for six... Either way)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Valtonen posted:

So how come the 4 didnt hear the FBI infiltration team giggle the entire day?

I'm imaging them setting up one bitchin surprise party and looking for the idiots through the blinds all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

themrguy posted:

"Someone halfway competent" is a bar far too high for these chucklefucks.

• Locked thread