Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

I make peek shots all the time yeah, I don't look exactly at where the person is the whole time I'm moving to the door, nor do I know exactly where to look after I killed a drone and he hasn't made a sound in a while.

TBH a score of 12/3/2 in a 5 round map is a bit absurd to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ok yeah.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Just got an ace on house (secure area).

Still didnt win the round because me and the last dude killed each other at the same time (ended as a draw). Still counts as an ace right?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Draw is a win for both teams, so why not? :v:

At least in Casual it is.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Orv posted:

I make peek shots all the time yeah, I don't look exactly at where the person is the whole time I'm moving to the door, nor do I know exactly where to look after I killed a drone and he hasn't made a sound in a while.

Yeah but like the guy said he could have been looking for the drone. If you hadn't been marking him the whole time then maybe.

Orv
May 4, 2011
He got the drone, and then went exactly to where he had stopped and not moved for over ten seconds.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The dude was loving cheating.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I mean it's not like he'd be the first person ever found hacking in Siege.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
Yeah it was pretty obvious

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

a cop posted:

It wasn't obvious? People make shots like that all the time.

lol yeah they do with wallhacks

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Lost a defense round last night due to the hostage being down when the timer expired, even though the entire enemy team was dead.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Intended, or are you kvetching about stupid teammates?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The timer shouldn't punish defenders

edit: The hostage was wounded, not dead. If you don't pick them up before the timer expires, you lose, even though you killed the attacking team, who largely dictate the timing of their assault.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It absolutely should, if the defenders downed the hostage, which is how that happens.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Orv posted:

It absolutely should, if the defenders downed the hostage, which is how that happens.

No, it should go into overtime until the hostage bleeds out.

e: Especially since I was in mid-revive when the timer expired

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 10, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah fair.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Might be just me who got a problem with this, but I think they should give Fuze at least two more mags (preferably 4) worth of rounds for the PMM. I dont see any balancing issues arising from this. Right now, its one or two intense firefights and I'm out of ammo.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Foehammer posted:

No, it should go into overtime until the hostage bleeds out.

e: Especially since I was in mid-revive when the timer expired

Sounds like a bug to me

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Does anyone else have a trouble determining the vertical direction of sound in this game? I can usually tell which direction someone is running around at but I find that I have no idea if they are above or below.

Maybe I need to upgrade my headphones or adjust some settings (virtual surround sound?) but they are pretty drat good for everything else so

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Louder means they're above and quieter means they're below, generally. Also can make a difference what surface they're running on.

I miss having working headphones. :(

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Duggler posted:

Does anyone else have a trouble determining the vertical direction of sound in this game? I can usually tell which direction someone is running around at but I find that I have no idea if they are above or below.

Maybe I need to upgrade my headphones or adjust some settings (virtual surround sound?) but they are pretty drat good for everything else so

Yeah I'm having a hell of a time with figuring out where people are in this game. I don't know if that is intentional or not but I've never had this problem playing any other FPS on my cheapo HD280 headphones.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
They made sound bounce off walls and travel down hallways so I believe it is intentional. Once you think about it that way and know the layout of the map it is a lot easier to figure out but it still messes me up & I react to fast and don't actually think about it that way.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Assuming I'm safe, I just point my crosshair at where I think I heard the sound and then listen for the direction it moves from that point. It eventually taught me how to echolocate people in Source engine games and so far it feels like I'm learning something in R6

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Got to play with Frost, shes great. Her shotgun is bonkers but her SMG is so bad. I hope if they nerf the shotty they give some love to the SMG. Its slow, inaccurate, and doesnt seem like it does more damage than the other SMGs. Compared to the kit that Bandit or Smoke has, or the Mp5/P90 combo that Rook & Doc have its pretty poo poo.

I didn't get to trap anyone in my play time though which stunk :(

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
can you hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJ-lftDpkg

Best sound in a shooting game ever.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

yellowjournalism posted:

can you hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJ-lftDpkg

Best sound in a shooting game ever.

loving WALLHACKS!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kind of wish I didn't have challenges for operators I don't own. Or at least give me the option to reject certain challenges.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
You can delete a challenge by select in in the challenges list. It won't give you a new one right away but it frees up the slot.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Her shotgun is bonkers but her SMG is so bad.

Look who's wrooooooong.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Oh looky, a patch for PC tomorrow.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1387492-PC-Global-Scheduled-Maintenance-11FEB2016-10-00AM-EST

quote:

We will be bringing the PC servers offline from 10:00AM-10:30AM EST on Thursday, February 11th.

During this time, online services will be unavailable. You will also need to restart your client after the patch has been deployed in order to connect to online services.

Thank you for your patience!

Also it seems like blue is the new green now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Orv posted:

Look who's wrooooooong.

:colbert: like hell

no acog
slow rof
long reload
inaccurate

BAD!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Jerkface posted:

no acog
slow rof
long reload
inaccurate

BAD!

Heh it's a headshot gun I guess you just don't get it

:wink:

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Hard posted:

Oh looky, a patch for PC tomorrow.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1387492-PC-Global-Scheduled-Maintenance-11FEB2016-10-00AM-EST

Also it seems like blue is the new green now.

How soon after a patch on the PC version do they update the consoles as well?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

no acog
slow rof
long reload
inaccurate

BAD!

When you ADS it goes exactly where you point. It's basically a slightly slower MAC-11 with 19 more rounds.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
New patch tomorrow?
Possible hit detection fixes :ohdear:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Believe it when it happens.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

There will be a new hit detection system. The good news is, it will require everyone to have a microphone.

The bad news is that it involves the "I shot you!" "NO YOU DIDN'T!" arguments from playing Cowboys and Indians as a kid.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

"you didn't shoot me, i had my shield up!"

"yeah...well...you weren't looking at me so you didn't block it!"

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaZZsQdqP0s

this fuckin' game.

1:35 is the important part where you hear a knife hit a shield. just watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure shields block knifes by design, or at least I've had people try to knife me from slightly to the side and bounce off with an audible thwack. It's cool.

• Locked thread